Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

DrBouvenstein posted:

Tickets to see these guys:

Along with these guys:

And these fellows:

Should be a pretty cool concert down on the lakefront. Sneak myself in some beers and have a nice chill evening. :cheers:

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I cannot believe you just typed that about a fucken watch lol

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Good luck with that piece of poo poo dude

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
At that price range, basically anything from an actual guitar store but mostly Squiers and set-neck Epiphones

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

smilingokami posted:

Okay to continue the guitar talk, I swapped the Gibson Meastro that I got from Best Buy, that wouldn't stay in tune and didn't sit in my lap right when sitting with it to a...

Squire Strat SE Which was on clearance as a kit from Best Buy, only cost me 20 exta bux. Last one in the district.

So, yeah.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/squier-...22914&cp=1&lp=1

ne:Oh and purchased some songs from steam for Rocksmith 2014 while they are on sale, so there's that as well.

if you need any more help eventually please use the guitar thread in musicians lounge

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I had one and it was really bad, good luck to you

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Josh Lyman posted:

Had to register on a specialty forum to get advice and pulled the trigger on this:

climate controlled violin case?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I only like the Navidson Record partsf

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

DrBouvenstein posted:

Some new wiper blades:

They are pretty good.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The Smashing pumpkins 1989

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that looks like the shrek font

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
yo those chicken and waffles man

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, I can't wait to see just how poo poo I am at hitting the right notes without frets. It's gonna take some practice but I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I'm really hoping that the last 25 years haven't been a total waste, you know? I've also been a Spector user for 20 of those 25 years, so I've got my fingers crossed that my familiarity with the neck and body shape will help. And hey, since I now know there are other folks here who like Spectors (and since I really like showing them off) here are some pics of the two USA made NS-2s (both from the Kramer era) I have now:

A group shot:

A close up of the tobacco sunburst one (made around Halloween 1990), which I've had since 1994:

(can you believe this bass is 24 years old?)

And a close up of the oil finish one (made sometime in 1987/88), which I've had since about 1998:

(I hope it's ok to post pics of stuff we already have; if not I'll be happy to edit them out)

I'm definitely not gonna cheap out on the labor for converting the NS-2A. That would just render the whole project a big 'ol waste of money, and as you can tell from what I just posted I don't really tolerate lovely workmanship on my instruments. I haven't really poked around the Musician's Lounge all that much (except for an occasional foray into the gear exchange thread) so maybe I'll have a look at the bass thread and post some progress pics once the bass arrives and I've had the work done.
god bless ned steinberger

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the xl is probably too big and the large is out or i would have bought it

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

colas posted:

Is $12 for a 200g pack of these worth it?

there is no price too high for timtams

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

not really sure why i bought these things. i mean i know why. but should? who knows.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

this looks like the car ryan dunn stuck up his rear end in the first jackass movie

It's a good choice.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

p4vl posted:

Bare Knuckle Pickups Ceramic Black Hawk Bridge:

BG Pickups BG Bucker Dark Neck (still being made):

These fuckers better thicken up my Ibanez Prestige RG2550.

Why not a Black Hawk in the neck? I like low output neck pickups and when it comes to price, BG's can't be beat for that.

blackhawks look so edible

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

but in blue.

i wanted the 5 string but none were available for a price iw as willing to pay.

fun fact: when i googled for an image of the blue one they were all the loving 5 string version i couldn't get.

it's a gun part.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
*nods*

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I"ll probably grab a 5 string version at some point but this is fine for now as it was only 200 bucks

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Pick posted:

I'm here for you Grumbletron. I'll take some of the steam off of your unpopular shoes.

dude what monsters did you have to hunt for those

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It was better than expected yeah

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's called Parasyte and it's just really good.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

QuasiQuack posted:

I saw this in New York, it was pretty neat.

Content:
I bought some Norwegian jeans.

Livid Jeans Jakob black selvage.
Made in a small family run factory in Portugal with Japanese denim from Kurabo mills. Pretty excited to get them tomorrow.

i don't understand

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
how is it norwegian doe

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
lol if you don't know one of the coolest albums of all time

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Suicide machine

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Android Bicyclist posted:

Kickstarter for the hardcover version of The Drawings of Bob Peak."

yoooo sick jojos fanart

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sikth

the one that comes with everything but vinyl because when i bought it you had to choose between cd or vinyl lol

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the guide is super cool

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

I bought several spices and 12 oz of Tilapia to make some lunch today.

http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/grilled-blackened-tilapia/ Here's the recipe I used, It was very tasty but I think next time I do it, I'll only coat one side of the fish. It ended up way overpowering the flavors of the fish

i am sorry that you ate tilapia but i am glad that you did everything in your power to pretend it wasn't

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

tentawesome posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun.

i hope the changes they made to it make a better experience than the plain one!

i started drinking and bought another amp

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Daimo posted:

Quid pro quo:

gently caress you too, skyline!!! eatmy bird flipp

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if you're willing to meet it half-way, sure

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

i have a monster cable i got as a gift and it's my only right angle to straight cable so it gets used a lot!!. it's also nice that if it ever breaks down i can just get a new one. i wish it wasn't gold plated though, that poo poo is counterproductive

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Working at the vampire rave from Blade can't be that hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yo we call him Daywalker but how come we only ever see him out at night?

Don't be stupid mang. It's because we, his prey, are a nocturnal people, and as such his time is best seeking us out during our most active hours, when we're out and about, looking to feed, or, rave, as it were.