Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

AnimalChin posted:

Logitech G27. It should be here Wednesday.

You got this for Euro Truck Simulator 2, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

Basically, investment

If you decide to look into investing in stocks, i'd recommend Walgreens, Sam Adams, or Toyota.

Got me a cheap, yet decent watch for outdoor stuff:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

^ drat i'm jealous. Both are great cities to check out.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

new phone

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

Hey me too

along with a otterbox case and some other doodads

That's the phone my pops picked when we all went to the store to upgrade. The display is gorgeous. Pictures look like they are painted on the screen.

This came on my doorstep today via USPS, which is amazing considering it's easter sunday, and I ordered it a day and a half ago.

Spigen tough armor case.

The stand is handy for falling asleep to Netflix.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Tickets to see an exhibit for The Dead Sea Scrolls at the California Science Center in L.A.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Found a Timex weekender at the swap meet for six bucks today.

It's identical to the one I lost three years ago.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Couple of cheap wristwatches from the local swap meet again.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I didn't buy this, somebody left it by a dumpster:

All it really needs are new cables, and a tuneup. Going to sell it since it's not my size or style of bike.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so you found a free bike that you don't like and aren't going to keep...

how is that your favorite recent purchase?

why even post that poo poo, just to brag you got a free bike?

I know the $60 junk bike is some shameless bragging among new houses and cars, but it's a project that i'm going to use to learn how to install replacement parts on.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

yoohoo posted:

Because I am a child at heart.

Can't figure out of it's 16+ because it's very difficult to assemble, or if it's because it includes a Lego Bong.

Just happened to watch this VW bus related video a few mins ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKPa3uVddbU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

good times shall be had.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

more geeky watches.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

I had that orange ironman (3rd one) in elementary school in the 80s. Is it cool again now?

Old LCD watches in general have a steady niche market. Though the ones that go for real money are the 70's LED watches, or LCD watches by Seiko and Omega.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

Any idea how much a well-worn Seiko Digiborg is worth? My dad has worn it every day since 1981, I don't even have a memory of him without it.

Around $300 depending on the condition. Maybe more. I love the way that watch looks. That's the style that collectors love. Hopefully you get it someday.

dreesemonkey posted:

Man I want that ironman. I have the "new" ironman in that color combo, I remember my dad and uncles having them and thinking they were the coolest things ever. My wife makes fun of my watch but I like it :(

When people make fun of the watch you're wearing, you're wearing it for the right reasons!

I found this bible book of medals at a yard sale.

Not religious, but I think they are cool, and neat to look at. It's heavy as gently caress.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

An IWC Pilot homage watch by Parnis:

I have another Parnis homage watch, and they're good quality. Nice weight and movements.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I found the holy grail of wristwatches:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

Finally something dorkier than my smart watch, which I just bought a steel band for

I thought I scuffed it on the bottom after seeing that shot but it was just goon grime :)

LG Urbane

Good choice, I love mine... as long as I don't try to stand up and read it.

No, the LG Urbane is currently the only non dorky smartwatch on the market. It looks pretty drat close to a proper watch.
As long as you don't have a Naruto timeface or something on it. If it had replica faces from Panerai, IWC, Patek, Breguet, that would be the poo poo.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

colas posted:

I like saying "MOAB" moab moab moab.

Whats that acronym? Money Over All Bitches?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

1 in 200 men are direct descendants of him. Pimpin aint easy.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Also just booked a night at the observatory for 2:

Sunset, dinner, guided astronomical observations.

That would be great to do with shrooms or weed.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Semi :nws:

A framed, glossy 24"x36" poster of:

Birthday gift for a co-worker.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Schlesinger leather briefcase

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

New watch. It's not a Patek or Breguet, but it gets the job done.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Jul 27, 2015

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Why the silencer? You a hitman?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

1,300 calories each, which will be burned on a long bike ride.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Spamtheman posted:

After playing the demo I couldn't wait.

It will be the poo poo.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh man, MRE shits are going to be so fun on a long bike ride.

Its the opposite for me, i get a little constipated.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't know why I've waited so long:

I had the "Version You've Never Seen" on DVD. And the original on laserdisc. Yes, laserdisc. In 4:3.

Anyone who's a fan of The Exorcist would most likely enjoy this article thoroughly:
http://www.strangemag.com/exorcistpage1.html
The journalist does a great job and keeps digging deeper and deeper into the story of Roland Doe that inspired William Blatty's novel/movie adaptation.

My purchases:

A gym membership

Forza 6

New Chvrches album

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

crazy how top tier smartphones cost more than high end laptops unsubsidized now.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Bought this guy used for $500. Super stoked to get shooting with it.

goddamn. are those lenses made out of a solid diamond or something.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

rockcity posted:

If you think a $500 lens is expensive, I do not recommend getting into photography.

Oh I know $500 is nothing. I figured if it was used and a good deal, that those things must retail for serious dough.
In my hobby we have a "cyclists tax" was wondering if it was the same in photography, or if poo poo is priced appropriately.

Digital_Jesus posted:

I decided I hated my mini so I bought this instead.

I also had a tab open for the Forza 6 game thread. Came back to my computer and just figured someone bought that car in the game.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Plane tickets to here:

San Juan

This place is awesome. It goes without saying but reading up on the history of the fort, island, and city makes the visit a much richer experience.

The height of the fort walls are staggering once you get up to them. Try to lift one of the cannonballs at the top of a stack, if no staff are around looking.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Being a big Britney fan, I spent close to a bill trying to get lucky with her slot.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

strangemusic posted:

How about some loving delicious whiskey?

Oh god it's so good.

It's no mirage, it's an oasis!

88h88 posted:

This is my 'standard'

drat good stuff. I get the 18 year for special occasions.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Digital version was only $5, and backwards compatible with XB1, and I have yet to play it.

Rivbos 805 cycling glasses. Was on sale for $13. Comes with 5 different lenses, one of them polarized.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

It was only $60 at gamestop. Gonna play Metroid Prime, and Zelda, then sell it for close to what I paid for it. But Mario Galaxy alone is worth the price of admission.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Pretty darn happy with it.

Marantz receivers are the business. On a related note, picked up some LP's from the local swap meet.

Being played through a not as good Marantz.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

new/old watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Time to kill nazi zombies, or zombie nazi's.