Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kosh Naranek posted:

Basically what Xenoletum said. There is apparently a scene for this sort of stuff, this is from a buddy of mines 30th birthday, done nerdstyle: http://imgur.com/a/bDY6k

They only had touchscreens for Jubeat, but since then controllers have been released.

Custom bemani machines are amazing, there's a DDR one in the UK which has online leaderboards so it gets taken to cons all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

And this little beauty on Steam.

I bought this over Bayonetta 2, I'll get B2 next payday but I need my fix. I also bought Chris Jericho's new book.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have also bought this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I bought this micro stereo because it looked cool and I've wanted something like this for ages. I think it's from around 2009 so hopefully the cassette player isn't completely wrecked, it didn't actually feel when I was looking over it like anything had ever been put in there.

njsykora has a new favorite as of 12:10 on Sep 11, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My 'wallet' is a Kirby pouch I got for free from Nintendo about 12 years ago, it's got a few fraying bits and a hole forming in the corner but it's still rolling.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nice red text.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Got a new headset since my old Microsoft Lifechat has been unusably battered for years now. A Roccat Elo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I finally bought AirPods.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OSU_Matthew posted:

Pounds? I thought you guys had free healthcare?

I guess that's still better than sitting in an ER waiting room for seven hours, deciding to leave and just bleed out in the comfort of your own home, and then getting a 700$ bill in the mail for sitting in the waiting room.

The NHS is practically privatised at this point for most major procedures, dentistry especially is subsidised but it still costs money to go to the dentist here and has for a while now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It helps when you need a case to make your phone actually lie flat on a table.

I bought a monitor to actually hook up to my sim racing rig at last.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I bought some nice soda.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Megabound posted:

And some new headphones from KZ. Seriously incredibe value at less than $100 for the IEMs + the true wireless adaptor, very comfortable.

Nice choice on the CRNs, I got them (when we thought they were the ZEX Pros) and they’ve become my regular work headphones.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I didn't intend for these headphones to arrive bang on my birthday but it ended up working that way.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I bought a cheap under counter fridge 9 years ago and it still works perfectly.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sterster posted:

I'm not going to knock 100$ investment to get into VR. However I've not heard great things in general about the PSVR (anecdotal from 2 friends). If you like it consider picking up a dedicated headset. The quest 2 is pretty good and not too pricey. They also recently removed the requirement to link a FB account if I'm not mistaken.

I hope you enjoy it tho!

Not yet, it's happening "at some point" but right now it's still specifically a Facebook account and not the more general Meta account. The PSVR is an alright system if you already have a PS4 to connect it to (it doesn't work with the PS5 which is getting the PSVR2 soon) but it does have some tracking issues.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Finally got sick of my TV's slow as poo poo native Roku OS and got a new streaming box (stand sold separately).

hosed up toblerone remote and all.

But it does the emulation well so I'm happy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Got a very large chair.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah he brought Chapelle out as a surprise opener and basically showed the crowd (which apparently had a bunch of trans people in) that he supports this guy and likes his material after he'd done 10 minutes of anti-trans poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gently caress I'm jealous of that.

I got a new main pair of in-ears.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Fiio also do a cheaper one called the BTR3, and they used to do a proper budget one called the uBTR but that's hard to find now. Or you can just submit yourself to the dongle life.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

T-shirts from the Uniqlo Final Fantasy and Sailor Moon collections. First 'nice' t-shirts I've bought in years.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Went into the blazing heat and came home with a New 2DS because as good as 3/DS emulation is there's some games I still want the proper thing for. Also it already had custom firmware installed on it which made my life a hell of a lot easier.

njsykora has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Jul 9, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nice, now mod the poo poo out of it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rolo posted:

What do you mod an iPod to do?

Increase the battery size, play lossless files with custom firmware, increase storage capacity (and reliability because the hard drive is always the part that fails first) by replacing the hard drive with a microSD adapter board, change the cases to custom colours and capacities to match whatever size SD card you shoved in it. Front cases are kinda ehh (there's only been 4-5 colour options for years now) but back cases can get really crazy with colours and custom capacities and people who make them will often have an option to custom engrave it so the serial number is still correct. If you have a plastic front case one you can make it transparent as well and there are people who've made bluetooth mods which are a bit more involved and require soldering. A lot of the other mods are fairly easy to do, just screws and ribbon cables. I have a 5th gen iPod I modded to 128gb and also shoved a slightly larger capacity battery into, I also had to replace the headphone jack since I cut the cable by mistake while opening it, but that's not a hard or expensive part to replace and the old one was a bit iffy anyway. Also the headphone jack and lock switch are the same part so the lock switch is nice and stiff now.

njsykora has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Jul 13, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have seen videos of people trying to eat the 4000k one alone, none of them got even 1/3rd of the way through it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I got this thing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

travisray2004 posted:

Which version did you go with? I'm interested in getting one and don't really need all of the specs of the mid and top tier ones but the glass screen seems like a large selling point. Just can't get behind spending $650 on it just for the screen.

I got 256gb, the only difference between models is storage and the screen on the 512gb so don’t feel like you’re missing power getting the 64gb one. I just wanted a decent size internal drive and I haven’t had any issues running games off the 256gb SD card I have in there right now. The case is nice too, though the power supply space in the case clearly wasn’t designed with a UK plug in mind but it’s now a place to put headphones.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Brother Tadger posted:

I think the same thing every time I see one of those cool hand held emulators, but then I look at the Rasberry Pi I bought and installed RetroPie on and have played for a grand total of ~20 hours over the course of a few years and think: how much do I really play video games “on the go” as an adult? The math is obviously different if you have a long commute via public transportation, but honestly, I have a 20 min commute via bus and I’d rather just read or nod off for a few minutes than look at another screen before/after work.

I have a lunch hour at work and it takes me about 20 minutes to eat lunch so I've gotten a solid half hour of deck time in there since I got it. Also the League of Legends World Championship is happening and the Deck is great for playing between games or during boring games. I'm actually getting through my first play of Twilight Princess since I played it in 2007. I also bought the official dock since they finally put it up for order so it'll be the emulation console I've wanted for ages as well. Though they didn't call it the Steam Dock, come on guys.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

skooma512 posted:

Impulse bought an AMD Ryzen 5 5600 processor. It was 135 bux which is stupid cheap for something like this. I have a 3600 and AMD kept the AM4 socket going so this would just be a drop in upgrade. 20% increase in single core performance for that much isn't too shabby.

Plus I got a couple fans from a goon in SA Mart so I've been meaning to open up my case anyway.
I have also made an AMD flavoured PC upgrade. Got a cheap 5800X and used an ebay discount code to get this for (relatively) cheap as well.

ReidRansom posted:

Lewis Hamilton's brake disc. She's a fan.
#Blessed

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah judging from Techmoan’s video those things are really good for what I would’ve expected to be a cheap nostalgia cash grab.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Warbird posted:

A grocery store co-op?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co-operative_Group
Yeah, co-operative grocery retail has been a thing in the UK for a very long time but most of it since the 80s has been all brought into a single group. Don't know if this is the exact co-op Megadoodoo is talking about but it's the main one I'm familiar with.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I bought a very large videogame console.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

My £3 extension cord was starting to spark when I unplugged things so I figured I should get a Belkin one that (hopefully) won't burn my house down.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

All phones are like that now, as someone who doesn’t use phone cases I loving hate it and wish they’d just make the phone thicker.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bought a DVD. It's pretty good.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I was traveling during Prime Day this year but I ordered an Anker Soudcore 3 small Bluetooth speaker for traveling and a 4TB NVMe for media storage. Doesn’t look like I missed out on much.

The Mini 3 is a really solid speaker for the price, I've had one as a bedroom speaker for years now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It is taking some effort to not buy that keyboard myself. I want a big ragequit button.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Logitech Dot keyboards are ones I really want to like but they do not suit my fingers at all. I appreciate keyboards that dual label the Windows and MacOS keys too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I bought a fancy component cable for my PS2.

And a stupid amount of games for various things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

apatheticman posted:

Computer speakers die?

News to me, I spilled milk on a pair of PC speakers I had and they kept working another full decade. I did clean them.