Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
LaCie Cloudbox. I got the 3TB version.

And a reel of 2.5mm2 cabling for rewiring my flat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

I Might Be Adam posted:

I was so disappointed when my Lacie external 1TB started to die after only a few years. Has a hard time spinning up now so I raced to get all the info off it. The last Lacie that I bought was a 160gb back in 2002 or so and it still loving works. I have everything backed up on portables now that aren't constantly powered on or in use.

The Network Attached Storage devices have a power-down option, so that after x minutes of no use, the HDD spins down. Should help, I hope...

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Flipperwaldt posted:

Haven't seen a post ~2008 usb enclosure that doesn't allow for spin down either.

And I'm going to guess that I might be Adam's 1TB drive that died was one of the crap WD Greens.

NAS is the poo poo though.

Slow upload though, which is a PITA. And my router is currently crapping out intermittently, which makes backing up my 250GB music collection a royal pain. But being able to access it from anywhere with an internet connection is essential for my job, so I'll suck it up.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Tickets to see these ladies in September:

I am shocked they're actually coming to town.

I saw them in Glasgow last month! They were awesome. So much fun.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Brilliant. My sister's an avid tall-ship sailer, and this will work perfectly for her Christmas. Thanks!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I bought a box with knobs on it.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

BobFossil posted:

ahh. I have one, hows it going?

I like it. Inexpensive, acceptable latency, decent sound. My only wish would be that it were possible to switch the phantom power on and off for each XLR input individually.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Dang. Jealous.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

I just use a big cutting board and rinse it if I change what I'm cutting

Unhappily for me, I find myself agreeing with PCOS Bill.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

This is a good piece of kit.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

kloa posted:

just noticed the 6th pair of tactical shoes :vince:

:captainpop:

Jesus, I cannot stop laughing.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I bought train tickets, so the missus and I can travel up-country so she can Meet The Parents.

This could be interesting. There's going to be culture-clash.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Tickets to this place in January. First time going abroad on my own; first time flying transatlantic; first time on a plane in eight years, first time flying solo.

Can't wait!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

canis minor posted:

for secret santa

Bought that for my sister and her husband last year (thanks to this thread, I believe). Solid purchase.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I bought shoes. They are unremarkable. I also have them in charcoal.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Vier posted:

From clarks ?

Indeed. First pair lasting well, very comfortable. Post-resole, they'll have a few more years in them!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Dining chairs. I wasn't planning to buy yet, but the price dropped, and stacking discounts helped some.

Tbh they don't look like they stack

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I have a memory foam that was a little too hard and so I put an old memory foam topper on and it's loving Goldilocks, maaan.

I go to sleep so fast every night.

I've always had sprung mattresses—and just got a new on last October that I love—but the first time I stayed over at my girlfriend's place I was in heaven. Memory foam mattress with pillow-top, and orthapaedic memory foam pillows. It was pretty much the comfiest thing I've ever experienced.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Adding a pillow top on top of memory foam has to be the dumbest thing I've read. I've seen high end spring mattresses with built in memory foam toppers, but never what you're describing.

Everyone should own a memory foam bed, though.

It's amazing. You get an inch or so of super soft lush deliciousness, and then you get a memory foam mattress that's incredibly comfortable.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
something something robot dick

So long as you're not being an insufferable dickhead about it all, good on you for making an effort to cut down on cigarettes in a healthier* fashion. If you're not already a smoker, however, you're a Weapons Grade Moron.

*citation needed

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

There've been a few mixed reviews about the analog sound, but everyone is agreeing the ADC is pretty drat great.

I have no idea why you'd accept 'mixed reviews' on the analogue sound when you could have gone for a Maratnz for equivalent or less money and had a solid table with excellent analogue output. It's a turntable, ffs. Analogue sound is the POINT.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I recently bought an engagement ring.

Now it looks like I'll be buying a honeymoon in a year! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Myrmidongs posted:

Won the holy grail of Porcupine Tree releases in a ebay auction for about a third of the price I have ever seen them go for. Only 1000 of these were made. Feels good mang.

NICE.