Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
What are some fashionable casual shoes to wear with chino shorts if you hate boat shoes and think sneaker fashion is stupid? I've already got white canvas sneaks, but I'm looking for something smarter. Espadrilles?

For reference, I usually wear beeswax or suede desert boots with jeans and chinos pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

quote:

Cole Haan from DSW

CaseFace McGee posted:

Adidas good, Cole Haans baaaaad

What a decent Oxford shoe in that price range?

Allen Edmunds are way out of most people's price range if you don't have to dress professionally daily. Used AE on eBay?

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

KingColliwog posted:

How does the powdered peanut butter works? You have to add some water and mix?

Microplanes are amazing, and so are feathers.

Its dehydrated roasted PB with all the oil removed. Adding water is fine, but it tastes much better with milk. It also makes a great protein smoothie since its all protein and fiber. If I'm spreading it on toast or a sandwich, I add some peanut oil back in, otherwise its kind of chalky.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

kannonfodder posted:

So, gun, bike, or car part?

Its a flashlight for a gun, for tacticLOL purposes. He likes to play pretend that he's spec ops, and may even fantasize about finally getting to kill a home invader.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

1redflag posted:

What does "cutting" mean?

She's using the Vitamin E oil to try and heal the scars from her teenage angst years.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

fyallm posted:

Got my first heating bill in the new house, and drat is it alot...

So we paid this guy to inspect / clean our chimney so we can just burn wood the rest of the winter...

Do you have a cast stove or insert for your fireplace? If your plan is to try and heat your home from an open wood fireplace, most of the heat from your fire will be lost right up the flue and may induce a draft pulling warm air from the rest of the house right along with it. This will pull cold outside air in through all the intrusions throughout your house.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Toast Museum posted:

Solid wood dresser
. Stacked discounts to bring the price down another $85

Please share what those discounts are. I'm in need of a dresser. Coupon codes?

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
Maybe your wife is cheating on you with an Orthodox Jew.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

What the hell even is Dior

You ever see a tanning-bed bronzed, middle age man wearing acid wash, boot-cut jeans with contrasting white stitching and scrollwork patterns on the pockets? Eurotrash clothes.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

She babysat my girlfriend's kid so that my girlfriend and I could go out to a wine-tasting thing. We're on very good terms!

Great job cucking your ex. Nice that you got her a consolation prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

OSU_Matthew posted:

Bought a Ridgid pipe vise:

Ratcheting pipe threader and dies:

And a cutting tool:

Going to build a cast iron pipe desk like this to fit over my amp and hold synth/drum machine stuff and give me a place to work on music stuff:

Cool project.

Lowe’s and Home Depot will cut and thread iron pipe for the DIYer if you don’t want to buy expensive tools.