Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Envelop desk for when you want to lean back,

Home work set up is now like 10x better than my work set. Picture isnt mine obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

TenementFunster posted:

no he's talking about you, you sick piece of poo poo.

loving kill yourself already.

Post history in this thread suggests the only thing remotely murder toyish is a knife and maybe binoculars.

I am all for population reduction but settle down.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Toast Museum posted:

Those ties I was waiting for showed up yesterday:

Silk knit, 2" wide. Referral link if anyone's in the market.

Look like a hudsons bay blanket

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

mfcrocker posted:

Dang, that's really nice-looking and I might pick it up myself.

It's a pretty good case.

Especially if you want minimalist quiet cases its almost the only option.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

FishBulb posted:

Well Criterion released it so :shrug:

From what I've heard Armageddon only got released because they wanted to do "The Rock" and Michael Bay said it was a package deal.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Glottis posted:

I'm hoping to get tickets for the Mountain View show. Despite being an ENORMOUS Deftones fan, I've never seen them, and I haven't seen Incubus since Morning View came out (also a huge fan, minus the last album). DFA1979 is just the icing on the cake because I only very recently got into them and I bet they put on a good show.

edit: gently caress, there must have been some pre-pre sale already. Tickets are crazy expensive on reseller sites.

Chino's voice is super hit or miss, although I hear he's taking things a bit more seriously lately so it might not be that much of a problem now.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Malf posted:

I don't understand all the hate towards this sofa. I wouldn't necessarily have chosen that colour but it looks like it'd be really comfy to nap on.

This is the comfiest couch to nap on.

https://eq3.com/ca/en/productdetail/living/seating/sofas/salema-sofa---fabric.html#3157.16

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Dress shoes are hard.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I shoed

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Titsor posted:

I just managed to get two used Leaps for $225 each. Canadian! Thank god for corporate downsizing.

Also where in Canada?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Chrome isn't run by it's original founders anymore, so the quality has slipped a bit. They moved on to create Mission Workshop. I've had my MW bag for 2 years, rode all the time with it on my motorcycle, and it still looks brand new.

I think they look better too.

Seconding this, I have one of their backpacks. It will outlast me and it's very comfortable

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I got one of these for work.

http://www.amazon.ca/Zojirushi-CD-Q...hi+water+boiler

Water boiler.. Hot water on demand.

Have had one at home for a long time its awesome.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

AlexF posted:

How much power does one of those things draw? The very concept seems like I'll be poor in a year just because I can't wait two minutes for my water to start boiling.

We put a killawatt on it and I don't remember the exact wattage but it ended up being $3 a month in power.

Its basically a super thermos with a heater attached.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

strangemusic posted:

I have never been so nervous to post a thing. I bought some new shoes. Don't hate me, thread!

(Not my photo)

I like them!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

BgRdMchne posted:

What's the difference between a boot and a high-top tennis shoe?

Boots are made of animals.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mu Zeta posted:

I actually love that clit. It doesn't help that the Lenovo trackpads are hit and miss. Some generations they are fine and some are near Apple quality. The clit has remained constant throughout.

PYF Recent Purchases: The clit has remained constant throughout.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mu Zeta posted:

Anyone that keeps their desk that clean to the point where you don't even have the power charger is probably a psycho.

Its a product shot....

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

KingColliwog posted:

Certainly sound worth it to me since it's a big purchase in the buy thread. Certainly interesting to know how expensive these things can get. Not planning on having a debate on the subject though, just wanted to know if the figure was realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tct38KwROdw

The answer is yes and no, depends on the state and your insurance plan.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

rockcity posted:

I'm not. The travel is all free because I fly close to every other week for work and rack up airline/hotel miles. I kind of like doing the pop up breakfast chef thing though because it's a fun way to tip my artist and a great way to make friends with everyone in the shop. I do buy a lot of random food gadgets though. For instance, I decided I can't just use my stand mixer to go making whipped cream for these waffles, so I ordered one of these.

I've actually wanted one for generally loving around with making infused booze and flavoring extracts for beer brewing for a while, so I'll definitely get use out of this thing beyond whipped cream.

May I suggest whippits!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

rockcity posted:

I did read you can do it with the CO2 cartridges and funny enough, I was planning on making it with dry ice for a party in a couple of weeks. I'm going to have more people there than I'd want to be doing it in the siphon, so dry ice should work better. I might pick up some CO2 cartridges to screw around with other things though and possibly to have around for non-party things.

Certainly doesn't hurt. I'd argue it gets me up toward the top of the list for her manager when she opens up a new month so I get a good pick of dates. I'm also planning to do dinner next time I go up since it's one of her other artist's birthday. Thinking the sous vide circulator will be making a return and maybe the new cream whipper for some kind of instant mousse dessert.

I do a cherry basil sorbet with carbonated cherries,

http://kitchenconfidante.com/cherry-basil-sorbet-recipe

Now its requested like every 3rd time I go to a dinner party.

You can also do a lime basil sorbet with carbonated cherries.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/basil-and-lime-sorbet-recipe

Both get an internet man who you dont know's mark of approval.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

tangy yet delightful posted:

Do you carbonate the cherries before you blend them up? That would seem pointless, so perhaps you top the sorbet with some extra cherries that you carbonate?

Make them separate, add as a topping literally at the last second, the fiz is better when its just out of the container/pressurizer thing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
The smell is a big indicator too.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Just leased last week.

Coming from a 12 year old car to this is a bit of a tech shock.

Edit - Its a Volkswagen Golf Alltrack

apatheticman has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Mar 8, 2018

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Relearning how to type is annoying. I might as well switch to dvorak or something else.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sentient Data posted:

Are those Bluetooth? If so, are you going to attach them to your belt like the hacker kid in cowboy bebop?

What kind of keyswitches are on there?

Nah they use an audio 3.5 mm jack to connect the two sides and mini usb which I haven't seen in ages. Still might integrate them into my belt.

I got cherry mx red silents on them. They got the full range of Cherry and kalihs now.

Lawen posted:

It took me about 2-3 weeks to get back up to speed but by the end of the first month I was/am faster on my ergodox(es) than I am on a regular keyboard.

One piece of advice: if you have any plans to make a custom keymap (you can do that on the EZ, right?) go ahead and do it now so you only have to relearn once.

This is what I settled on:

Doing that now. Hard thing is not knowing what I want yet. Especially since I'm eventually going to make it my work keyboard.

apatheticman has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jul 5, 2018

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Coredump posted:

Where you get them at?

https://ergodox-ez.com/

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pentel RSVP or bust

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Bape Culture posted:

Do we really need anything. I figure I’ll probably never go back so do something absolutely stupid ott and never forget. Or begin my life as an insatagram influencer. One or the other. Anyone know how to add abs on photoshop plz

Plus;

Very good breakfast included

Please let us know the truth of this breakfast once experienced.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Oneiros posted:

How does it compare to the logitech? I tried out the logitech thumb ball and while it's OK I found myself wanting a larger, smoother rolling ball. With what looks like some extra buttons and scrollwheel on the side that actually looks pretty nifty.

May I suggest

https://www.amazon.ca/Kensington-K7...ps%2C188&sr=8-6

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
For those that want a thick sole they also got your covered!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Thats a really neat bookcase

I use my sous vide thing as a defroster now more than anything....

It's really good for defrosting.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://bycardamon.com/

Ive had this for like 6 years I think and its shown no sign of wear..

Friends have had it and they buy it for other friends.

It's nice.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rolo posted:

More music crap: All my drum things are either touch screens or keyboards so I got something more proper, picking it up tomorrow:

Gonna make it easy to play my library of burp and fart sounds.

The quality control on these is a nightmare, I picked mine up them promptly didn't use it... then the pad that most people use for a kick just double presses randomly.

So uhh yeah, check that.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
North Americans choosing SUVs over hatches is a travesty unto mankind.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Warbird posted:

Get you an electric one or an one wheel if you really hate money. There a place you can buy/rent them over at Camp North End.

Then have the guy at the tire shop hate you because they're a bitch to replace.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Aphrodite posted:

I bought a very silly looking backpack because it's the appealing kind of dumb (to me.)

it's appealing but it makes you commit to a tech-wear aesthetic that is wallet crippling.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Computer speakers die?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Trabant posted:

These were on their way out, about... 20 years after I got them :stare:

I had actually replaced some of the subwoofer electronics and cabling along the way but alas, it was time.

I'm sorry for your loss.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Cabbage is very versatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Megabound posted:

A Weedeater album and merch