Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

A pair of these

And tickets to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Needed new everyday sneakers

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Vier posted:

preorder. Never been a fan of the CIV games perhaps this one will change my mind.

Holy poo poo when is this coming out?

My free time has it's days counted...

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

ChocNitty posted:

Picked up a deal for 3 months of audible for $6 (3 books) so I could get The Great Courses titles, which are massive and pricey.

48 45min lectures. The professor is surprisingly funny which is nice.

Next two months will be the courses in ancient Rome and Egypt. Good poo poo for history geeks, and people needing something for the gym or long work commutes.

My billing cycle was due in a couple days so I tried cancelling my membership and using this offer, it worked so thanks for saving me $30+

Also those music lectures are awesome, I finished them recently. Now I'm on the War and World History ones and found them interesting but a bit underwhelming in comparison, will use my next credit to get the Egypt ones reccommended above.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I got this

Went into the store looking for the Rumble 15 but the 75 was on sale at a really good price (for here) so I'm going to annoy the hell out of my neighbors from now on.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That's a cool jacket, sometimes I wish we got to wear cool stuff like that here in the tropics.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I bought a certificate of deposit instead of spending money on TVs and stuff. Feels weird.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Just bought tickets to visit my grandparents in Honduras in July.

Also just finished listening to this that I bought a couple weeks ago and it was great

Now I'm starting the one about daily life in the ancient world. The audible subscription is worth it just for these courses.

TraderStav posted:

Post your APY

2.55%

This is the only way to keep my money safe from being spent on guitars that I don't need and am not even good at playing.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm not bothered by his speech and so far am enjoying the lectures.

And since we're on great courses chat again, I will recommend any of the music lectures by Robert Greenberg. I have only listened to 3 of them so far but they were awesome so I'm assuming they're all great.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm opposed to smart watches, but that's probably the least offensive looking one. Way better than the iWatch.

Was gonna say the same thing, first smartwatch I've seen that doesn't look like a 21st century version of the casio data bank

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Geoj posted:

I can't say enough good things about Anker. I've been using their batteries in my smartphones for the last three years and in addition to my wife I know three other people who use their external battery packs with the same opinion. If their laptop batteries are as good as the rest of their products it should be as good as a new OEM battery.

Seconding this, their bluetooth speakers are also great

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I was planning to get a new TV but feel in love with this sexy thing and got it instead

Gretsch G5440LS

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I went last year and it was great, this year's lineup looks awesome and now I'm sad that I'm not going. Enjoy!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Where did you get it, cause google images is telling me is russian and only giving me russian websites to check it out on.

Seconding this request, this sounds exactly like what a friend needs.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Vet checkup, vaccines, food and some bowls for this little dude.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Aramek posted:

Beagle? Pibbie? All puppies look adorably alike!

He's a mix, american stafford mother and unknown father.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Why do they keep trying to add software to TVs. The Netflix/Youtube whatever apps are always terrible. TV companies don't know how to do software. It's why Roku/Apple TV are still so popular.

The Netflix app on my TVs (a Vizio and a Bravia) is way better than the one on my Apple TV. Granted it's a first generation ATV but still, the difference is huge.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Blistex posted:

If you want to make crushed ice drinks or smoothies, or not get pissed off, you should return that and get a better one. I bought that exact model and it was horrible and burned out after about 4 months of regular use.

I got this and could not be happier. It's not "Blendtec" quality, but then again it's not $700 either, but I was going through cheap blenders trying to save money before I got this and have been happy ever since.

I got this one because it was cheaper and I'm pretty happy with it, use it a lot for icy drinks and also the grinding attachment for coffee

http://amzn.to/1RNI4zR

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Trastion posted:

You guys that are making smoothies/icy fruit drinks have any good recipes or sites for that stuff? I always want to make them but every time I look up recipes it seems every site has some different combo. Is there a versatile basic recipe that I can use with just about any fruit combo? What about frozen vs fresh fruit?

These days I'm minimizing my sugar intake so I just do:

- No sugar added yogurt
- Banana
- Ice
- A little bit of strawberry zero calorie drink mix

OR

- Apple
- Ice
- A little bit of lemon zero calorie drink mix

OR

- Black coffee
- Ice

Not very exciting but tastes decent and it's healthy

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

New guitar

And a delicious salmon pizza, whoever said fish doesn't belong in pizza is pretty loving wrong.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

https://www.cube.eu/hu/2017/hardtail/acid/cube-acid-2x-bluenflashorange-2017/

Quite a big upgrade over the entry level Trek I had. Can wait until the morning so I can ride it again.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

SAN Jose
Tortuguero
Arenal
Monteverde
Manuel Antonio

San José sucks as a tourist destination (I say it as someone who lives here). The rest of your destinations are awesome.

Monteverde has amazing ziplines, I would recommend Monteverde Extremo, their full tour has like 15 regular ziplines, a tarzan swing, a mile long superman line and another one where you go through a tunnel. Just don't do what I did the first time I went, it's a decent hike overall between stations so don't do it while nursing a hangover.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

I like them. Great at the gym and while out biking. They're not going to match up against a great set of ear buds or over-the-ear headphones, but they really do sound a lot better than I had expected. I have the older ones, Trekz Titanium, but here's Techmoan reviewing the newer Air model, which I also bought for my partner. Lighter than mine, and still sound just as good.

Second this about the titaniums, I never use them for music, just audiobooks and podcasts while on my bike but they're perfect for that. Took some time to get used to them for me but now they feel fine.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

Yo Simone are you still reading this thread? I was hoping I might be able to email you as I’m travelling next week and just wondering if You can help with some recommendations/advice! Cheers.

Yes, you can email me at removed

lmk when you write down the email address so I can edit it out from this post

Simone Poodoin has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Mar 27, 2019

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I bought a new phone, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and it's a whole lotta phone for the price

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Coredump posted:

Its spying on you.

so is every other phone, the only choice is who spies on me

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks to this thread I just ordered one of those ecotank printers for my dad's birthday next week.

Ever since we got our first inkjet printer at home when I was a kid, my dad has always been obsessed with methods of refilling cartridges, it's kind of a hobby for him.

This will either be the printer of his dreams or it might just destroy his tedious hobby that I don't understand, we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The original Rocksmith was my gateway into learning bass and then guitar. I couldn't play either when I got it originally in 2012.