Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

TheHouseofM posted:

I need a lock to supplement my Kryptonite u-lock.

The kryptonite chains are pretty drat good too, I had one on my motorcycle when it got stolen (chain went through the wheel and frame, sadly not anything else and the bike was put in a van). According to the police it really stumped the thieves for a few hours (they were a bunch of armed robbers who, unfortunately for them, were under surveillance at the time). They eventually got it off though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Sunblood posted:

Magnetic car mount. gently caress having to get a new mount with every new phone I buy. With this you just put a little steel disc inside your phone case and *BAM* it sticks to the mount. Super strong hold, too.

Cable clips for cable management around my car, desk, and nightstand. Great for holding a phone charger, but the Apple Lightning connectors are small enough to slip right out, so I had to bundle a rubber band around the end of one.

A Dremel with various heads. Ironically I bought this to drill out a cable hole in my old phone mount so it would fit my new phone, but in the same purchase I bought the new phone mount. So now I don't need it immediately, but I know I will in the future.

You know Lego men work awesome as cable holders too right? Really want a Dremel though, been eyeing those off for 15 years but never had enough disposable cash / reason to buy one.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

DRIVING MOCCASINS.

Surely a driving show would be more along the lines of a Puma Speedcat.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Gaggia Classic

Nice,

I've had one for the last 5 years or so they're pretty good.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

IUG posted:

I just picked up Pacific Rim bluray from Amazon, as it was $4. I've never even seen the movie, but that's less than half the price of a movie ticket. I'd link it, but it was a flash that had 15 minutes left at the time.

Also Goat Simulator for $4.

Prepare to be disappointed, I mean not as disappointed as you'd be if you paid to see it at a cinema but I think $4 might be still paying a little too much for that film.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

Re: Timex Weekenders, here is basically what I looked like when I would take it off before going to bed, jamming it in a drawer or something to try to dampen the ticking:

Mine sits on a shelf in the loungeroom, I haven't worn it in years because of the goddamn ticking.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Smart woman. Performance really doesn't matter unless you're towing something.

You're a moron, how are you going to win a stoplight Grands Prix without performance? Sometimes you need good acceleration as much as you need good braking and handling. Safety is not only measured in how many airbags you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

SpartanIV posted:

People give Timex poo poo but I'll be damned if my weekender hasn't kept accurate time to the minute for over 5 years. The only downside is you can hear it ticking from a room away.

If you feel like upgrading, I've been very happy with my Seiko 5. I got a coworker to switch to one and he loves it too.

I'd say Seiko 5's or there's some nice Citizen Eco Drives out there too. I had to throw my Timex weekender away, the ticking drove me nuts.