Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Peanut President posted:

It's just that to walk from your mailbox to your front door you have to walk around the two car garage. It seems a little weird to hide your house behind a place to store cars.

Due to the angle of the picture the depth is pretty hard to judge, but that walkway is definitely not the entire length of a garage. It looks to be 8-10 feet at most, there's only like 3 steps with a very small platform. Most of the garage is probably tucked into the house and only the front portion sticks out. If you pulled up and parked right in front of the left garage door it would only be like 10 steps to the front door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

djfooboo posted:

Really? M3 badges on both kidneys...

Those are the fender grills, not the kidneys.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Robawesome posted:

Take it back, this is definitely a douchebag watch. Swing by the Watches thread for some recommendations but ffs don't buy an Armani watch

What if he likes the way it looks though? I know its a crazy thing to consider that people might buy things they like instead of consulting some internet forums first but sometimes, just sometimes, it happens.

Also, don't shop shame.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

travisray2004 posted:

Most people could not give a poo poo less about the movement of a watch. They like how it looks. It's a fashion accessory. Who cares if it's a Fossil? Let someone buy whatever they find suitable.

Pssh, you can't brag to your internet friends about owning a Fossil though. Which apparently defeats the entire purpose of buying a watch.

Harley C posted:

The only legit reason would be because you like the look of it, which is a pretty poo poo reason to spend a load of money on a designer brand watch when you could probably get the real version it would be ripping off for a similar price.

"Because you like the look of it" is literally the only reason to buy a watch these days. If you wanted to tell the time accurately you would just use the cell phone in your pocket. And I'm not sure why everyone is so hung up about the amount of money that someone else spent on a watch. Who cares? He's not spending your money on it.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
The issue that you can't seem to grasp is there is no such thing as a "bad" fashion accessory. If he likes the looks of it and the price doesn't bother him, whats the problem? Sure it might not be to your taste or how you would spend your money, but I seriously doubt he thought about how you feel before before making his purchase.

People are going to waste their money however they like, that's kind of the point of this thread. Getting mad about stuff someone else buys is just silly.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Robawesome posted:

Nobody here is mad, just trying to explain how some watches are priced well and made by reputable brands and some are overpriced fashion brand watches. Telling a friend they've overpaid for an Alienware isn't the same as being mad at them about it. Relax Dundee, you seem awfully hung up on this concept yourself

Robawesome posted:

You wear a fedora, don't you?

Lol.

Just bought a new hat guys.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jun 8, 2014

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Rumda posted:

Well since he's buying multiple house chances are he's buying rundown buildings to do up and sell on/rent. So yeah they'll look like poo poo that's the point

Look like some ugly, knockoff, mall-brand houses to me. Nobody would dare be seen at my country club after purchasing one of those, even for resale.

That's basically the equivalent of buying a broken monster hdmi cable and fixing it up for resale. Way to go and spend your money on bad houses, Rob.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Forgive my ignorance, but why are those pedals called clipless? I didn't grasp the idea so I looked at a youtube video and they very obviously clip the pedals in, shouldn't they be called clipped pedals? Or is there some other kind of super hardcore version that you cannot unclip from which are called clipped pedals?

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Lilleput posted:

Two Sonos Play:1

My dentist uses these in his entire office, one per room. He has them hooked up to his itunes/spotify so while hes working on you he will play any kind of music you want, it makes the experience overall pretty amazing/soothing rather than the normal dentist experience where you want to claw your eyes out. They work really well in that role or in any similar nice/relatively quiet background mood music. Good purchase.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Concatenation posted:

I feel like it needs to be mentioned that McKilligan designed and drew this whole awesome piece himself instead of getting the tattoo artist to do it as most people do :aaaaa:

This is actually something that most good tattoo artists hate. Usually they prefer to have the freedom do their own art/style, but he did a great job with the art and picked a artist that was cool enough to do that.

This isn't the tattoo megathread or anything but I didn't want people to read that and start drawing up their own garbage(McKilligan's again is not garbage, it is very good) and taking it into every tattoo shop in town where they will get yelled at and punted out the door.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

Better than $89 I suppose

Maybe they vibrate or something

They help you perform better.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

PleasusChrist posted:

Where did you get this? I've been thinking about doing my car, but hate trying to figure out which codes match up with the non-led codes.

Not sure if they have any that would match your car but I ordered LED lights for my G35 from Diode Dynamics. They work great, direct plug and play fitment, stupid bright and are very cheap. Check out their website.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Last year I paid about $15k out of pocket for dental procedures, this was on top of my fantastic $4500/yr dental insurance. Four root canals, four crowns, one extraction, one crown lengthening and a few other misc fillings/appointments/etc. Once your dentist starts mentioning endodontists, periodontists and oral surgeons your wallet just shrivels up.

Good thing you can claim that poo poo on your taxes.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Bought a new 4 Port USB Charger from Amazon.

Amazon didn't mention that this one comes with +JEWS!.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Whats up NOVA Firearms buddy, I bought my last Glock there. Good little shop.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
TotalLossBrain, I just ordered that desk lamp a month or so ago and I must say, its outstanding. I was a little hesitant to buy a $50 desk lamp but it's really worth it, tons of different settings and the USB port is really nice to charge my phone with(I put it next to my bed, not on my desk).

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 03:54 on Oct 15, 2015

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

I googled that knife cause I want a new one

Feel free to send me your friends contact info, if they're gifting you $1,200 pocket knives

You can buy the clones like that one for like $20-50 online at tons of places, but they are pretty garbage knives. You can get a real one for much less than $1,200 though if you don't go full Ti or get all the bells and whistles. Think they get down to like $6-800 on the low end.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

ArmZ posted:

you can get a titanium bike frameset for less than 1200.

You can also buy $2,000 a piece titanium surgical screws. Things cost money.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

ArmZ posted:

when you use a dumb pocket knife for surgery let me know

When you use a dumb bike frame for cutting things, let me know.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 14:07 on Oct 31, 2015

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Hope you guys approve of my new $6450.00 knife.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 23:35 on Oct 31, 2015

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Never did I think I would get excited over purchasing a vacuum but our old one is just so terrible.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
I've had much better lucky getting decent picture frames from Amazon than from Michaels. The ones at Michaels are super overpriced(before coupons, they might be decent after coupons) for what you get and very cheap quality-wise. As long as you know what size you are looking for, check out Amazon.

Edit: Also if you are framing up a decent amount of stuff, get the matboard cutter tool. Its way better than trying to use a knife/razor/etc and you get nice clean perfect angled cuts, only costs a few bucks as well.

100% Dundee has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Mar 23, 2016

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

drat, baby seats and baby strollers look so sporty these days, like they're made by Recaro.

Recaro does in fact make baby seats and they look just as awesome as you'd imagine.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Funded a kickstarter for a backpack. Hopefully I still want a backpack in like 4 months.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

nocal posted:

Kickstarter backpack mans: just cancel that and buy from Mission Workshop. Yeah it's 50-100% more expensive, but they'll 100% deliver it to you in 1/10th the time, so the math adds up.

But there's no option for zero g suspension or cool magnetic closure methods???

As far as the delivery goes, I'm not too concerned about KP coming through with their Dec. estimate. A friend and I both backed their last Kickstarter which was a very similar product with a very similar price and they delivered it on time.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Why not get the new backpack from Peak Design? Theirs looks way better.

There's a ton of cool backpacks out right now/coming out/being funded on Kickstarter etc. I compared all of the ones I liked and the KP Zero-G looked way better to me.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Went ahead and ordered a Pixel XL in Quite Black.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

travisray2004 posted:

Just curious; why?

Just wanted a new phone to replace my aging one and I want to switch my carrier to Google Fi. So it was basically either a Nexus 6P, Pixel or Pixel XL, decided to go with the XL.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

fyallm posted:

Yeah, lots of drugs, still have fidgeting needs.

One should not reply to PCOS Bill. If you would have posted that you got a Ritalin script for your ADD, he would have just posted that you should have bought the little cube with buttons on it.

Such is the life of an edgelord.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

sleppy posted:

I got a Logitech G602 mouse, hoping that wireless will treat me right.

Mine has been great, has just the right amount of "extra buttons" for my kind kind of use. A happy medium between those crazy MMO type mouses with like a dozen and the standard ones with only a forward/back button. Also logitechs software makes it incredibly easy to program them to all kinds of cool actions.

Pro-tip, it only needs one battery in to keep working. So I just keep a single regular old duracell laying around and use a pair of rechargeable eneloops in the mouse, when they are close to dying i just pop in the single duracell while the eneloops recharge. Or you can just recharge one battery at a time and leave the other in the mouse, whatever floats your boat. In about 2 and a half years of owning the mouse, I've replaced neither the rechargeables or the duracell and still get months of battery life.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

bongwizzard posted:

Almost as much as flying a weed whacker with a camera attached around in public is. Stay out of casting range and you don't have to worry about it.

Seems like a pretty dumb thing to do. If it has a camera attached to it, they obviously are going to see you trying to knock it down. That combined with the fact that you had to transport your kayak to the lake with some sort of a vehicle, you're likely to come back to some broken windows, keyed up paint, flat tires, etc.

Messing with peoples personal property goes both ways. Not something I would suggest.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

What's with the sudden explosion of ugly shoes.

Ugly shoes/wacky colors + celebrity/athlete name + high price tag + limited availability = Profit

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

100d cordura is garbage tier grocery store bag quality poo poo and you paid way too much for a bag that screams "steal me and everything inside me"

Nah fam, that's a supreme bag. It's super exclusive and very high quality.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

How did jaffa cakes never have a cross-promotion with stargate?

An episode where Teal'c travels through time to Britain in the future and gets addicted to using a VR headset to play videogames. Only occasionally taking breaks to consume massive amounts of jaffa cakes and mountain dew. When he eats the cakes he bellows out at the top of his lungs "JAFFAAAAAAAAA."

Now the team must try and follows his steps but when they find him he is entombed in a mountain of jaffa cake crumbs and wrappers. How will the team ever save Fat Teal'c? Is it too late?

Fat Teal'c.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Noticed a distinct lack of Grey in my Air Force 1 collection and Eastbay happened to be having a sale so I stocked up.

Let the shoe chat begin.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

bongwizzard posted:

Keeping with battery chat, where can I buy 18650s from where I can be reasonably certain I'm getting a good one? I got a little weed thing it is powered by them and it would seriously unchill if it suddenly caught fire.

Stick with Sony, LG or Samsung cells and most importantly stick with a well known battery retailer like Ilumn if you want to reliably get good, authentic cells. Even they've been tricked a few times with fake cells but you run a much higher risk if you go the Amazon/ebsy/third party reseller route.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Valar Morghulis posted:

Tickets to that.

Saw it at the Kennedy Center in DC last year and it was really great! Enjoy!

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Rolo posted:

Because I have a backpack problem

Needed a new backpack to take my poo poo to work, so I'm in a similar boat.

Got one of these.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Konig Rewinds will always have a special place in my heart, a set of 15x7 Graphite with Polished Lip were the first aftermarket set of wheels I ever purchased for my '86 Corolla GTS Hatch. Great choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
As a person who makes bourbon day in and day out, Four Roses Small Batch is my everyday bourbon. The single barrel is a bit better but for $34 locally the Small Batch is an absolute steal.