Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got this yesterday but it still counts:

Novation Mininova Analog Modeling Synthesizer

It owns so far and I've had a lot of fun playing with it. I still haven't even heard half the drat presets because I've been tinkering around with the first half. And the vocoder is a real treat because I've never had one before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I Might Be Adam posted:

Does it have an output to use a separate keyboard? I hate the mini keys which is a shame because a lot of these synths have some cool abilities. I had a Microkorg but got rid of it because I couldn't handle the menu diving.
There hasn't been all that much menu diving so far. Of course, like I said, I'm still learning all the different stuff it does.

You probably could use it as a separate keyboard. What would you need for it to do that? It has a USB port and I was able to set it up as a MIDI controller in Ableton yesterday, although I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to or not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

overdesigned posted:

My girlfriend and I have fancy Memorial Day plans in New Orleans so I bought a new suit.

Dapper as gently caress! What are y'all's fancy plans here? :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

overdesigned posted:

We have dinner reservations at Commander's Palace, we'll probably do some other food-related tourism because that's sort of Our Thing I guess. If you've got further recommendations I'm all ears.
Nice! That is fancy! If you're doing food tourism, get po-boys from both Mother's (Downtown) and Parkway Bakery (Mid-City). Booty's (Marigny) always has different specials from all different types of cusines and they're pretty much all delicious. Get some Vietnamese food, too. There's a lot to choose from but my personal favorite is Magasin on Magazine Street (Garden District). I also love and frequent Dat Dog (2 locations in the Garden District and 1 in Marigny), a hot dog joint that has lots of different types of dogs from regular franks to local hot sausage and alligator sausage to international stuff like Polish kielbasa. You can even get crawfish etouffee (a local staple) as a topping on your dog there! And speaking of joints, The Joint in Bywater has some of the best BBQ I have ever had in my life, and I've had BBQ in several different states known for their BBQ. And if you're looking for a good burger, try Company Burger (Garden District) or Atomic Burger (Metairie). Atomic Burger is pretty new (just opened in November) and seems like it could and should be a nationwide burger chain because of its setup and how good it is, but this is the only location so far. They have these liquid nitrogen shakes there that are some of the best shakes I've ever had anywhere. For pizza, Reginellis (locations in the Garden District, Uptown, Downtown, Lakeview, etc.), Pizza Delicious (Bywater), Mardi Gras World (Bywater) and Brooklyn Pizzeria (Metairie) are some of my favorites.

Basically for any kind of food you want, there's at least one standout restaurant in the area that has it haha

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 20:31 on May 8, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

beanieson posted:

Rageaholic Monkey is on the money about all his recommendations, but feel free to ask in the Louisiana thread for more :buddy:
Man, I'm gonna have to read through this entire thing. I saw this a few months ago having never known it was there before, but I didn't read through it all. Maybe I'll make some NOLA goon friends :v: The only local goons I know IRL are those who were friends of mine before they joined.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Android Bicyclist posted:

I just did the opposite & purchased one of these:

Bánh mě from a local Asian grocery store deli next to my friend's place in Seattle. I don't eat sandwiches too often (much less bánh mě) so I need to remind myself that these are excellent.
:circlefap:

I haven't had a Banh Mi in a hot minute and now I really want one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SaltLick posted:

The Game of Things is a good break from CAH. It really lets your horrible creativity run wild
This post is truth. One of my former bandmates had The Game of Things so we used to play it pretty often a few years ago when a bunch of friends would come over to his house. It's amazing the kinds of hosed up poo poo that can come out of your friends' heads that you never would've imagined. And half the time it seemed to end up with us looking up definitions of words/phrases on Urban Dictionary and laughing so hard we almost choked.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FishBulb posted:

We spent a lot of money at Costco today
You did good though! What game(s) did you get with the PS4?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FishBulb posted:

Just Trials so far, but I have all the PS+ games downloaded already. I'll probably get Watchdogs just so I have something to play on it.
Get Infamous too! Or rent it from GameFly, at least. It's a very fun game that can show you what the system is capable of. Though there's no multiplayer and I don't know how many times you'd want to replay it after you beat it, if you even would at all, so you're probably better off renting it. That's what I did.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I Might Be Adam posted:

There's nothing better than feeling 100% about an expensive musical purchase. I felt that way when I upgraded my drums a few years ago.

A band mate of mine came into our rehearsal space with a new Nord Electro 4 because he plays keys on a couple of the songs. I looked up the price on that thing, :gonk: That's some expensive gear for a few songs.
Agreed. I've made many musical purchases and only felt 100% about a couple of them, but when it happens, it feels so good.

And yeah, but Nords sound so sweet :fap: I'd feel privileged if I even got to be in the same band as one of those.

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 19:04 on May 30, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dreesemonkey posted:

Being delivered today :woop:

My parents have that same one, or something similar at least. It rules. Grilling with it is super easy and fun. You made a good decision :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bald White Dad posted:

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Inaugural Edition #128 of 1100.

You have no idea how jealous I am of you.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

influx. posted:

AMD FX 6300

ASRock 970 Extreme3

8gigglebytes of RAM

R9 270X

Plus all the other bits and pieces for a new gaming rig, gently caress Australian prices.
An AMD processor? Yikes... :smith:

Hope it's not too late to return it/cancel the order.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress yes.
I just rewatched it the other night. That movie owns so hard.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RCarr posted:

I just bought it as well. I've never seen the first. Is that ok? Should I watch that first or does it not really matter?
Doesn't really matter. This is true:

ExCruceLeo posted:

The first one is awesmoe so you should at some point.
but the second one doesn't really re-use anything from the first one except the main character, the actor who played Mad Dog in the first one playing a completely different role in the second one, and batshit insane fight choreography/cinematography.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, I love this :3: Good choice!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fozaldo posted:

Because I love the gimmick and lack substance. This will tide me over until The Last of Us.

I just beat it last night. Took me about 7 and a half hours to finish and I had fun throughout the whole thing. I never got tired of those ridiculous X-Ray death cams.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I hate the taste of a lot of alcoholic beverages, but goddamn, Fireball owns. And yeah, if you take more than a shot or two of it (which is easy because it's not very strong...spicy? yeah., but not strong), you start to feel it quick.

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Jul 18, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Henchman 21 posted:

For my belly

Hahahaha I haven't had grape soda in YEARS, but after seeing this, I felt compelled to buy some at the store a little while ago, so thanks! I got Crush, though, not Sunkist.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

and

I bought the first item solely to play the second item, and I own a PS3 and this game on it. That's how good it is.
Get Infamous: Second Son. And Sniper Elite 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order, MGS5: Ground Zeroes and Tomb Raider if you haven't played those on another system already.

Also Injustice is only $8 right now if you have PS+, and while it doesn't seem to look or run any better than on other systems, if you haven't played it yet it's a great fighting game with lots of recognizable characters.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM lens, also known as The Pancake.

I just sold the only prime I had (Tamron 60mm f/2 Macro) the other day, and before I had that one, I had the Canon 50mm 1.8 for a few years. So I'm hoping this will serve me well as my one and only prime lens (for now, at least). It looks lightweight as gently caress and is supposed to be a great walkaround lens, so I can't wait for it to get here so I can test it out. Hopefully it'll give me an excuse to use my camera even more.

Plus, it's only $112 on Canon's refurb store right now ($121 after tax) as opposed to $199 new on Amazon, and in my experience, refurbished lenses are either as good as new ones or even better than new ones because they've been serviced by a factory technician and have higher quality control.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

KoB posted:

I think the 128G is $400 with contract.
Yup, iPhone 6s with contract are as follows:
16GB - $199
64GB - $299
128GB - $399

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Murphy Brownback posted:

I was one click away from pre-ordering the Xbox One CoD Advanced Warfare special edition coming out in a couple months, but changed my mind at the last minute and got this. It's not bad so far I guess.
You made the right decision.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AT&T iPhone 6 128GB Space Gray

Pre-ordered it from Best Buy. Picking it up on release day (this Friday) :cool:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Echeveria posted:

I bought my cat a hoodie. It arrived today.

Suddenly I need one of these for my cat.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ms Boods posted:

Everyone needs new shoes for the first day of school.

This is a stock photo, so it's impossible to see that the ribbons are, of course, Federal Reserve green. They are also lined with deep red velvet and have gold embroidered stars on the insoles. I am considering lightly brushing gold-glitter, clear nailpolish along the heels, but I fear that might be like putting a tattoo on the Mona Lisa.
Whatup Aziz? :hfive:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

2 Blu-Rays:

Videodrome (Criterion Collection) from TCM's Criterion sale

Lord of War (from Amazon)

And a 2.1A USB wall charger for my iPhone 6 from Amazon since i found out it supports 2.1A fast charging like the iPad does:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tulip Candy posted:

For my birthday, I got a faucet. This is what turning 26 is all about.

I am so excited.
That's a nice faucet! :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrk44-wm-t4
A ticket for this, which I've been going to every year for the last several years :rock:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CrackSpider posted:

I am buying around $1300 worth of dental work over the next few weeks.

Here are some x-rays I've already paid for.

For the love of god, people, floss.

couldcareless posted:

Down payment on some catering for these, also because wedding

District Donuts in NOLA? My man :hfive:

I was given a dozen of those for my birthday this year and I ate one a day for 12 days. poo poo was delicious.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

GTA San Andreas HD remake for the 360.

It's currently 3.74 on the xbox store.

Can't wait to get my bike riding skillz maxed out enough to pass cars on the freeway and leapfrog over them :3:
It'll probably take much less effort than it used to considering all you need to do to go max speed now is hold down RT :v:

I got it too, earlier this afternoon. I had $5 in my Xbox account already so it was covered. This is one of those games I've been able to play over and over again for a decade and not get bored of.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muike posted:

The Smashing pumpkins 1989
The sequel to this, except made only by Billy Corgan and Tommy Lee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My Black Friday haul:

Together, I got these for several dollars less than one would normally cost by itself, so cool! :dance:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:getin:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Samsung 500GB 840 EVO SSD to replace the 128GB Patriot Pyro SSD I've been using for the past like 2 and a half years.

And this too, because it was on sale and I wanted to get a Tycho shirt eventually anyway:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Picked up Sleeping Dogs for (quite literally) the price of a Starbucks coffee.

Due to it's control system, and my kid spending his Christmas money on the early access Gang Beasts, (with it's new, non-improved un-mappable control scheme) I've had to drop 30 Kiwibucks on this;

All reviews seem to indicate it's okay for casual gaming, and should hold me over until I spring for an XBox controller down the line. (Or buy the PC version of GTA V and wear the Logitech out through overuse...)
If that's the same as the one I bought in like 2003, and it looks like it is (though the face buttons might've been changed to look like Xbox buttons), it'll work great for you.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fractal Design Define R5

Here's to having a quieter, cooler, sleeker-looking computer in 2015 :toot:

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Jan 1, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mfcrocker posted:

I got one of these yesterday and it was an absolute dream to work with. Tons of space, great cable management and love the drive bays/SSD mounts.

My PSU is a bit further away from my motherboard so I need to get some extension cables today but it's a small quibble and not that surprising :)
Isn't it quiet?! I built mine over the weekend and I can't hear a peep out of my computer now unless I literally press my face up to the case. That rules. I've never had a case this quiet before.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Starhawk64 posted:

Bought a new graphics card, only to find out it's too big to fit in my current case, so I'll need to upgrade that too. :shepspends:

Get a Fractal R5 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Port of Call New Orleans is a loving hilarious, well-done movie. Nic Cage is off the charts in that one.