Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
We're all capitalist consumer whores who love showing off how much disposable income we have. So flex your cash-dick in here and show us what you've recently bought.

- Don't image leech, don't break tables.

- Please give a description of what you've bought, and if it's something relatively obscure or hard to find, a link to where it can be purchased.

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Magpul MOE foregrip for my AR-15.

edit: vvv touche.

Here it is in context.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 17:18 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Do they come in blue?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Yes bruv.. Etnies Dory, many colours.

http://etnies.com/shop/dory-5/navy-white/

Chekkum'out.

Not bad. I usually stick to adidas, but I may have to give them a try.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thanks for the info. Ditched the blue and went with these.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

NovaLion posted:

I agree 100%, as demonstrated by my poor style choices.

Link please?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Got my Dorys in. These are great, thanks for the recommendation. Perfect mix between a skate shoe and a boat shoe.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wigbot v2.0 posted:

I need to do my laces like this, standard criss-cross just doesn't do it for me any more.

Smart colourway, too.

Yeah, I always lace straight-bar if I'm gonna convert them to slides. Though I thought about picking something crazy from here: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

Scarf has a new favorite as of 15:05 on May 20, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This is from the old thread, but just to jump in on the coffee chat... I bought an Impress Coffee Brewer a few months ago and I absolutely love it and haven't used my drip maker or my keurig since.

It's a self-contained french press/travel mug and it's awesome.

http://shop.gamilacompany.com/impress/features/

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Geoj posted:

I would take the "filter technology prevents the grounds from brewing further after the coffee is pressed" with a grain of salt though...

Uhhh nope. It flat out locks all of the grains at the bottom of the container away from the brewed coffee.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Geoj posted:

Does it have some kind of rubber or silicone one-way valve they didn't show or list on their website? I would hardly count the mesh filter at the bottom as water-tight.

I'm sure it keeps the grounds and the coffee separate but I still don't like the idea of leaving the grounds in the same container I'm drinking from. Call me a coffee snob but when I use a French press anything that doesn't fit in my mug after pressing goes down the garbage disposal with the grounds.

Silicone gasket that's placed around the filter piece on the inner press sleeve.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Keetron posted:

Three month gym membership, running is not good for me.

If your gym has a pool... get in it!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lookslikerain posted:

Cannondale Hooligan 1, I find its ugliness endearing. It's a lot of fun though kind of harsh ride.

Face down, rear end up, that's the way we like to.... bike?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
If you want to increase your lung capacity for running, start swimming.

Content:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Continuing on a 'Murica note... Bought a new Moultrie Flag for the house for the 4th. Even though it's been usurped by the damned tea party :ughh:

Scarf has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Jul 1, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Vrikkian posted:

Just bought some more of this:

Sure, shop-shame me if you want. But it's a great mixer, it's spicy, and it gets you hammered drat quick. I usually switch between this and Kraken rum when I want to mix my Diet Coke with something.

My only problem with fireball is that it's all my friends ever seem to order for shots :/

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SaltLick posted:

Order a 4 horsemen if you want something that tastes similar but is far stronger

Well I shouldn't have said my "only problem" with it was that... Because I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon in my whiskey either. I would tolerate it because, hey, free shot. But that's all they seem to drink these days. When it's my turn to buy a round I usually just go for wild turkey.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

big mean giraffe posted:

Man I do not miss my early 20s when people I know drank stuff like cinnamon whiskey and wild turkey.

I'm in my early 30s :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Isn't Wild Turkey pretty decent?

It's bottom-shelf bourbon. On par with Jim Beam, imo.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FishBulb posted:

Nonono

Turkey and Beam are not bottom shelf. They aren't great, but they aren't Ol' Smuggler or anything.

Well then, bottom-shelf for civilized America...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Meatwave posted:

Please, don't shop-shame, OP.

No shame intended, I buy bottom-shelf all the time. But I'm not about to pretend my British Knights are '92 Air Jordans.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

An Aimpoint PRO red-dot sight for my rifle.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I liked the look of this so I went to see how much they are. Jesus for $400 I'd just spend a little extra for an Eotech.

Never liked eotech stuff, too distracting to my eye. Also, I bought used from a friend, saved me a decent amount.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ThaShaneTrain posted:

Been selling my board games to buy more board games. I hit the 100 mark and now I'm cycling out the old.

First thing I bought was something I already have!

Got the newer sexier version so it'll match the Lab expansion and whatever else that chucklefuck Matt Leacock comes up with.

God I loving love that game. I really wish they'd make an online version for Steam or something as well.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

QuasiQuack posted:

Just waiting for them to arrive now :buddy:

Link to the purple ones please?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Big rear end steel plate and associated hardware for to be shooting at.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Moldy Crow or :frogout:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought a used powerwheels for my son's 3rd b-day (and a new battery and battery tender). I am A Good Dad™

Not until you modify it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM2SWNCes5g

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ekol Viper 9mm, with 6" barrel. It shoots blank rounds only (basically it's a prop gun) so it's practically impossible to hurt anyone with it. I am fully aware that it is dorky and probably a waste of money, but I wanted a toy that goes bang, and I'm a goddamn adult, so I bought one.

Buy some earplugs, blanks can be loving loud.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is that NFL 2215, where you use psychic powers?

Jedi League Football

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Been a while since we had any gun parts posted... 13" BCM KMR handguard.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SpartanIV posted:

murder toy gun related:

Hooray for 922(r)!

Building a FAL?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SpartanIV posted:

Yup. I got the parts kit a few months ago, but I'm just now getting around to ordering the rest of what I need. All that's left is a Coonan receiver and hopefully finding someone I can borrower a FAL receiver wrench from so that I don't have to drop $200 on one that I'll only use one time.

Mind if I ask what the total cost will be once you've got it all together? I've always loved the FAL but have never even thought about trying to piece one together like an AR...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SpartanIV posted:

These prices are all approximate and the parts kit varies wildly depending on what kind of deal you can find.

$350 for the parts kit
$150 for 922(r) parts
$300 for the receiver

In addition you need some specialized tools to put it together which can cost hundreds depending on what you have already. Things like a receiver wrench ($200 by itself) and various gauges.

That's really not that bad... Thanks! I'll add it to the wish-list.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

TenementFunster posted:

do yourself a favor and look up what 308 costs first. i built an absolutely sweet FAL from one of those cherry STG-58 kits that were available uh.... poo poo, 7 years ago? and I haven't shot it in 4 years or better because 308 surplus dried up about a year after I got the thing, meaning ammo prices went up 500%. ammo is a loving fortune since Bubba went crazy over black president.

It's starting to come back down a bit, isn't it? albeit slowly? I have a pretty reliable source for 5.56 at about $0.31/rd. It sure as hell wouldn't be my primary shooter... but just something fun to break out every now and then.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Got my KMR handguard installed and this thing is so drat light it's unreal

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Whoforthenwhat posted:

5.11 Rush 24 to use as my 'chuck everything in - but have it organised for a change' day pack.
This thing has a hilarious amount of molle points on it.

Isn't that 5.11's M.O.?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Plane ticket to Denver in December to see some close friends, and tickets to this beer festival: http://denverbeerfestivus.com/event-details/

Had a blast visiting last fall. Gonna ship my snowboard gear out there for the season so I can come back a few times this winter and ride.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Coffee And Pie posted:

Obligatory post-21 beer accessory:

Link, now. Please.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
100 copies of the EP that my band just recorded:

Now I get to turn around and sell them :haw:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thanks for this!

wigbot v2.0 posted:

:)

Time to get wet and cold again.

I love a girl with curves...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

3 bushels of local oysters for a roast I did this past weekend. So loving good. I love oyster season.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 22:26 on Nov 17, 2014