Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

spookygonk posted:

My iPod was starting to fall apart and as I need music on my train travels, picked up one of these second hand:

Edit So hey that is that? brightness on my phone was down, couldn't read the make/model.

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 12:48 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

This band is the best band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tBeZUjmp6Y

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

colas posted:

That is one handsome model.

I thought this was the PYF Funny Pictures thread for a second.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Bagarthach posted:

I like it, but did they forget to bring up the guitar during the solo while mixing it?

Sounds like it's only on the right channel. I never noticed that. Weird.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Cross-posting from the Cigars and Pipes Discussion Thread.

Got a little gift card for my birthday and finally made it over to the local B&M to get a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 4-Panel Billiard.

(clicky for bigy)

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Logitech G27. It should be here Wednesday.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

You got this for Euro Truck Simulator 2, right?

Yes.

And iRacing and TrackMania and everything else.

But mostly Euro Truck :allears:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

App13 posted:

To add to euro truck chat, I was never able to get into it, but I love racing games. What's the trick?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm curious as to the appeal of a truck simulator. I'm sure you get this a lot, but isn't it boring? Is the game challenging in some way or is just a relaxing kind of experience?

It's super mellow. You just kind of cruise around listening to music/podcasts and driving a big old heavy truck.

You start out running jobs for someone elses company and pretty quickly you buy your own truck and run jobs for yourself. Eventually you buy garages and trucks and hire drivers to make money for you, but they'll never be as profitable as you are.

Racing sims are excellent, but Euro Truck has you obeying speed limits and traffic and the trucks are far more difficult to drive. On an xbox 360 controller the default bumper buttons are bound to your turn signals. :3:

But really it's just goddam mellow.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

I got an original Pebble Watch for $99 new. I've had an LG G Watch R (this is a horrible product name) in my shopping cart for a long time, but the Pebble was WAY cheaper and is very lightweight, comfortable, handsome enough, and does enough of the things that I want it to do. I don't think gen 1 of Android Wear is really spectacular yet anyways, so this will hold me over until someone makes The Perfect Android Smartwatch.

I only got it last night but so far it's nice.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

2015 GTI Autobahn, Performance Package, Lighting Package, DCC Package, Driver Assist Package (this is loaded).

And the most important bit:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

BgRdMchne posted:

I bought a new pipe!

That looks like an estate pipe.

Have you checked in to our thread?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I bought a bunch of Zippos, this one being a highlight:

It'll have a pipe insert.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

RadioactiveKid posted:

Also got a new Edge Finder to replace one I broke

It does this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiggler_(tool)

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Almost everything on this page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPT3rDXCEZE

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

daishan14 posted:

I found a website with prices too good to pass up

bro dude hook it up

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Grownups buying toys just makes me think of the sad Blue Story thread now :(

How about a link?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Totally TWISTED posted:

I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this thread beyond getting ideas to fuel my own consumerism.

Also awkward sweaty anime goons making fun of a guy in suit.

I bought the best ball point pens.

And these shirts because I dress like a mechanic auto technician.

And this gorgeous Chacom Monza:

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Oct 26, 2015

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
^^^ this is a KitchenAid 3.5-Cup Food Chopper.

Also Amazon Prime has it for $32...

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Oct 30, 2015

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

Out of curiosity, do higher-resolution recordings and displays cut down on this problem at all?

Makes it worse, in my experience.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

20 bucks off on Amazon, so i bit the bullet

what is this

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Sexual Lorax posted:

Tickets to see motherfuckin'

FISHBONE

Best purchase in the entire thread.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

skit herre posted:

Just ordered this little guy + a couple of Eneloops with charger.

I am becoming one of those EDC dorks.

Oh like this?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I never knew anyone ever used the pee flap.

By the way these are the best underpants:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CR6OEM/ref=twister_B017JZ5GDO

edit: VVV I tried those and hated them.

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Apr 8, 2016

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Things I bought at an upstate flea market:
-black sabbath t-shirt
-biker jacket someone painted "AC/DC" on the back of
-yellow sports walkman (with original headphones and a cassette of Like A Virgin)
-novelty "bomb bags"
-Pokemon cards

You buy real real good things.

Also please post pictures of:

quote:

-dad hat that says "leave me alone"

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

couldcareless posted:

I bought a car

No, you bought a great car.

If and only if you got the 6-speed.

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 05:06 on May 16, 2016

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Vastarien posted:

In a desperate attempt to relive my teenage years, I bought a pair of these:

Almost as good as these:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

I got some Edy's Outshine fruit popsicles. They're delicious, and apparently they smell good to dogs.

E: my wife thinks the strawberry rhubarb is good, but my tangerine ones are kickass.

Dog should be in the cute thread.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sony Bravia KDL-40W705

I just got a Sony and it's awesome except for the lovely adware/bloatware (DirecTV, etc.) plastered all over the main menu. And it crashes sometimes :( There's methods to remove the "Sony Recommendations" bar on the menu but mine keep coming back.

Looks amazing, though.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Coredump posted:

I bought the water filter pitcher recommended by rhesweethome. Using it to fill up my ice cube trays and hydration pack. I've noticed my water has less of a chlorine taste already so that's a win.

Similar to:
https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Bea...ng+programmable
Except mine is programmable and dispenses hot, cold, and room temp. The programming is to tell it when to not bother heating or cooling (over night, usually) to save power.

And these get delivered at about $7 each.

I pay ~$30/mo (I rent out a spare bedroom and we both drink LOTS of water) for fresh, easy, distilled hot and cold water 24/7. It's pretty kickass. You can rent a cooler from the water company for ~$10/mo. if you want to try out the service first. I doubt they make you sign a contract.

I've had it for years and it's one of my most favorite things.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

You can buy water coolers like that for pretty cheap and just refill the jugs at most grocery stores for a little over a dollar/5g. Screw paying $30/month for service.

The grocery stores here sell the 5 gallon jugs for ~$6. An extra buck per bottle so I don't ever even have to think about it much less load up 8 huge bottles in my car and replace them makes it a sweet sweet deal.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

M42 posted:

Ever use the logitech thumb trackball one? It's what I have now. Just wondering how the two compare.

I too would like a comparison, or at least a review. The logitech one is fantastic, it just needs a "gamer" edition with craploads of buttons and stuff.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Don't y'all get bored of wearing the same shoes every day? And running shoes at that, dang.

Winter:

Summer:

:dance:

(Not really. I have way more shoes than these, but they're my favorites.)

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I didn't get to see them this weekend :( but I did order a kickass hoodie.

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 17:43 on Sep 10, 2016

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

TastyShrimpPlatter posted:

Been printing out a bunch of finger spinners for friends and people at work

Don't these cover your fingers in bearing grease?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I bought this cheap bike:

Seems fine so far, but it needs a different seat.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I've tried almost all of the underwear listed in this thread and Obviously makes the best ones by a huge margin.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Lawen posted:

I respect someone willing to do the Pepsi challenge, buy one of each, compare them dispassionately, and choose the best one. I'd love to know why you chose these and why they're better than my unflattering but otherwise perfect ExOfficios.

Also, that's a pretty intense product photo. Are these designed specifically for uncircumcised men?

I tried the ExOfficios and they were the worst of them all. The fit was awful and they were scratchy and rode up constantly.

The Obviouslys are super thin and feel like you're hardly wearing anything at all. The pouch cups your business center nicely and keeps your stuff supported and separated from your legs without having to tuck it all in to some weird separate pocket. You just slide em on and they feel like they're meant to be there instead of some weird garmet that's just in the way. Highly functional. The fabric is incredibly soft and they stay put. The fit is perfect.

That being said, I'm not done yet and I have some Airisms or whatever on the way, but I doubt they can compete with the Obviouslys.

Well that's what I know about underpants.

The Ferret King posted:

I'd normally be of the same mind, but then I spent $30 on a single pair of underwear.

Same here but I spent almost three-hundred :stonk: dollars on a knife that's going to get me stabbed.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

queserasera posted:

Finally set up my rock tumbler and bought some rough for it.

Ocean jasper: never the same rock twice.

I'm genuinely curious. After you round and smooth a bunch of rocks, what do you do with them?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

while drinking a shower beer

Now hang on a drat minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Megabound posted:

Uniqlo Airism

Those are better than whatever Hanes boxers you've been buying at walmart, but the pro underpants are the Naked series from Obviously.

9" inseam is a must.