Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

Echeveria posted:

I also bought a really lovely jewelry box, because I can't find one I like, and I'm tired of hanging my nicer jewelry on cabinet doors and having them in a million places. Turns out I have more jewelry than I realized and it doesn't really fit.

I bought one of these recently and I loooove it! http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/longstem-over-the-door-jewelry-organizer-in-bronze/1042046431?categoryId=12215

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

Echeveria posted:

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out in store. I just feel a little weird about hanging my precious jewelry on the back of the door, y'know?

It has hardware to install it in a wall too, which is what I did!

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

I backed the Exploding Kittens game by the guy that does The Oatmeal. Looks like it should be pretty fun. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

CrackSpider posted:

Because I'm a huge lame nerd:

They're the same shoes worn by Black Widow in like a five minute sequence where she and Cap are undercover at a mall in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The reviews all say they're super comfy too and, hey, I need some sneakers that don't suck.

EDIT: I've been informed that I am wrong. Serves me right for not fact-checking :saddowns:

Super cute! Did you see amazon has a 20% off coupon for them today making the final price $63? I'm probably buying a pair.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Etrips posted:

Because I am a huge water snob. I cannot drink city water from the tap because I can taste the chlorine. Even through a Brita water filter I can taste it. Then I can't drink water when it is room temperature, and given that I work 12 hour shifts, keeping it in these containers makes it nice and cold all throughout the shift.

I have to either buy giant Deer Park water (least favorite) or fill up my water reservoir containers with osmosis filtered water. I am a huge baby, but at least my water tastes clean as poo poo.

I'm a water snob too, have you heard of the berkey filter? I LOOOVE mine. http://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

flosofl posted:

Because I want to get back the conversational German I had when my grandparents were alive. 25 years of not speaking or reading it really takes its toll.

I'm trying to learn German now too! I've been using the DuoLingo app to teach myself the basics, and the HelloTalk app to practice with people in Germany, who also get to practice English with me :)

And both apps are free!! If you want HelloTalk to translate more than 25 messages a day for you, you can pay $9 per year for a premium account. Or you can google it, or just talk less. But $9 per year is a steal.

Edit: Also, with the DuoLingo app you can tell it you already know some of the language and it will test you and then you can skip the beginning lessons

Mushinronsha has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Nov 30, 2015

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Shoulda gone with the exofficio boxer brief! Feels great (as I've been told) and looks drat good (giggity)!

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Vier posted:

Canvas print gallery wrapped currently sitting above my bed.

I love Klimt! Here's mine in my living room

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations on routers/routers+modems? My budget is preferably under $200 with some flex for a modem combo/bundle (maybe $240?). I was going to pick up a Netgear Nighthawk, but I have enough issues with my printer already (unless those have been fixed by now). Much appreciated!

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/

I bought their top pick a year and a half ago and have no routing problems, also my cable guy came over last month for modem problems and said that sure is a good router, also I don't know anything about routers and modems but I set it up and figured out how to log into it and can change the settings if someone tells me to so maybe you will like this one if you don't like the fancy schmancy thing the other guy suggested.