Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
My favorites of the last few years.

(Goon that posts in these threads, I forget who you are, but you are loving amazing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Holy mother of god.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Holy poo poo.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Our 50th and 51st members!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

LeMons cars are the best cars.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

bpc908 posted:

Being a Dick isn't cosplaying

At Denver Comic Con I had the pleasure of seeing someone in a Deadpool zentai suit (mind you, no guns, belts, pouches, boots, etc) sneak up behind some Tolkien Elf and start pulling arrows out of his quiver, while two or three friends-of-deadpool in street clothes giggled and took photos. The elf turned around and front-kicked him in the chest.

I laughed so hard I almost threw up.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

McPantserton posted:

gently caress yeah she would. I think I've posted their stuff before but they're my cosplay besties so here are my ladybros at the Verssen Werks again anyway featuring the above-mentioned Good Touch.

We got a chance to do some really killer photos of our 40k stuff with smokebombs (!!!) too. :D The weather was very terrible for being outside in armor, like 80 degrees and extremely high humidity, but it was worth it.

Both of these by Vontography

And this one by Break Point Z.

Goddamn, would you guys please hurry up and take a trip to Badlands or Goblin Valley for a photoshoot already???

Also, I literally SCREAMED at my monitor when I saw this...

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Aug 31, 2014

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Friend of mine made a proportional Rocket.

She's a taxidermist.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Anyone who says girls can't be ghostbusters needs to go drill a hole in their head.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Yeah gently caress that kid for his low effort costume that he is wearing inside a high school cafeteria for a non-event.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Spotted a mural going up near downtown over the weekend. The double-take was so severe I almost broke my neck. Had to go back on Sunday to get a proper photo.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Internet theorists crack me up.

That's gbcreel. He was part of the Palm Coastbusters group that had a fan table at Spooky Empire ScreamFest in Florida. This was in 2009.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Feb 8, 2015

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I need to know what the text under the logo says.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

New Leaf posted:

My guess is is Warner Bros. International or something along those lines.

Well it would be Universal, but afaik they don't own any JP Jeeps that would look even close to that. They recently re-created and weathered JP29 for use in the new movies, and the originals are currently rotting away in Florida after dozens of repaints.

Seeing as there is a DeLorean in the background, I'm guessing this is part of the Star Car Central guys going on a cruise or something. Right now I'm trawling the JP Motorpool facebook to see who has the "Wrangler" sticker on the rear quarter panel and does not have a lightbar, as those would be the only things that would differentiate it from dozens of other replicas.

edit: Nope, OP says Florida.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Feb 16, 2015

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Or a great costume that is great, really great.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
These two visited our booth at Denver Comic Con last year. They were drunk as fuuuuuuuck.

Colors are less accurate, but holy poo poo that coiffed hair.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Mar 20, 2015

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

joat mon posted:

Drank hair? You're going to give me a coiffing fit.

My apologies. Here's a cool Jesse cosplay, complete with Coffees.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I can't even begin to imagine how stressful it must be to start working on a project that your kid could very well outgrow by the time you complete it.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

VendaGoat posted:

elijah wood Would

Elijah would wood?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
A photog friend of mine was expressing frustration at not being able to go to Sakuracon this weekend, so I made a joke about him shooting cars since they could hold poses for long periods of time, and then I made a half-hearted joke about genderbending some 80s icons.

Lesson: don't joke with creative people unless you're ready to actually make it happen.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Linux Pirate posted:

Denver comic con

Commander Keen

I saw the helmet and shirt from a distance while sitting at my booth and started freaking out, but I couldn't tear myself away in time to catch him. So glad you got a photo of that guy!

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Held a little test in the early hours of Denver Comic Con this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5XuvNW3sAY

The framing isn't exactly the way I want it, needs to be tighter on the headpiece with more of a view of what's in front of the scoot, but I would love to do this at the next big anime con as a unique way of doing one of those "I managed to get everyone in cosplay at the con" videos.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You managed to capture absolutely nothing of interest so maybe work on that too

poo poo my bad. I probably should have prefaced the video by saying it was a test that was shot during the earliest hours of the con, and I could have made things clearer by mentioning that I would like to reshoot it at the next big regional anime con during actual con hours with the purpose of photographing actual cosplayers in the process.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Wade Wilson posted:

Where is her artillery gun?

Easily out of frame.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Silver Shade Cosplay. Good friend of my wife's and totally a goddamn chameleon when it comes to costumes and different looks. She's actually the cosplayer I got to do the "Michelle Knight" photoshoot with KITT back in April.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Yeah she's bananas.

I also think I'm faceblind because I was convinced for like three years that "Meevers" was her cosplay moniker, as I had never seen Meevers and Silver Shade in the same room at the same time before.

Then I came home from work one day to one of my wife's pre-con sewing parties and saw them sitting on the couch together, and I had the weirdest meltdown.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
God forbid someone picks up a prop and takes an out-of-context picture.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Axel Serenity posted:

that Korra. Where was that Korra this entire SDCC when I was looking for one? :stare:

She was at AX the week before rooming with my wife, having the two big cons so close causes a lot of them to make tough decisions.

Full size here

Meevers Desu Cosplay from Denver, if you're wondering.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jul 13, 2015

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Took us long enough, jeez.

Guitar is next.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Guys why does everyone love Gordon Freeman and Link and Chell so much I don't get it jeez.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

SirPhoebos posted:

I think he was asking who the individual doing the cosplay was.

Anyway, have some vehicular cosplay:

Ahem, carsplay! :eng101:

While that is a great post already, if you have any spare time at all in your day I would highly recommend you spend it watching Brad Hansen's webisode about that car, because it's context as a LeMons racer is beyond hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9rWlyZMVRk

It's a little hokey, but the non-hokey stuff is awesome.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Sep 8, 2015

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
About half of the club came out for a little video shoot we did on Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-b5BsqPvo

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

NightWig posted:

Got linked these two slimer cosplays.

He's an ugly little spug, isn't he?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I'm flying to New York tomorrow. I'll be joining the owner of this car as we spend 5 days driving around Manhattan. Stay tuned for insanity.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
We're going to hit a dozen film locations. Basically recreating my 2010 trip but with the right goddamn car this time.

Last time was crazy, I'm sure this trip is going to be off the charts. Follow along here: http://www.coloradomoviecars.com

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
edit: doublepost

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
I'm super happy with how this project from our Halloween NYC trip turned out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3NDPBwQGJs

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

The Locator posted:

Haha, that was the very first thing that popped into my head too.

So long as you're not zipping around pulling people over and actively impersonating law enforcement, it is never as big a deal as people make it out to be. Especially with a car that is a such a faithful recreation of a recognizable movie vehicle.

My friends refer to it as the "warp field." Normal rules simply don't apply within 100 yards of those cars.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
90% of my conversations with cops:

:cop: you know it's illegal to have blue lights
:geno: Is it?
:cop: yup, have a nice day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
The difference is definitely that I'm not zooming all over the place running red lights or pulling people over. I typically only run lights the final block or two to destinations for the haunted house charity tours.

I'm sure if I tried to stop someone with the lights that all those adventures would come to an end in like 15 minutes.

The streets of NYC are also loving CHAOS. You're only going to earn the ire of police if you're preventing the flow of traffic. Smaller town cops or highway patrol are going to be only people really looking out for vehicle equipment infractions.

That said, my youtube channel is filled with clips of cops telling me to run the lights and siren. :shrug:

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Nov 4, 2015

• Locked thread