Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Would it be possible for people to caption their photos from on? Some are easy to identify, but others are just pure head scratchers

CzarChasm posted:

Who are they dressed as?

Cooked Auto posted:

I might be incorrect here but to me it looks like the girls are dressed like Nonna and Katyusha from Girls und Panzer. The guy is dressed as one of the main characters from The Devil Is a Part-Timer!.

See, I would have gone with three people on a train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

What is it?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Funhilde posted:

I went to Denver Comic Con yesterday and took a ton of photos. My brother and I went as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and did our best to track down all the Magnetos that we could. I am not sure what I'm doing with this pose but I made it almost every time.

Your brother has a kind of Benedict Cumberbatch look to him. Maybe you two should do a Sherlock and Watson thing. (I was going to suggest Sherlock and Irene Adler, then realized that would just be creepy)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Fun fact: Joss Whedon wanted to do a WW movie with Smulders before he did Avengers

After seeing her in Avengers, I think the right decision was made not to do WW. She was okay on HIMYM, but man, after seeing her in Avengers and Cap 2 . . . she is not a good actress.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

KillerEggplant posted:

It's been suggested that Evangelion is deliberately creepy to point up the creepiness of the standard anime tropes it's using, as a critical comment about the genre. No idea how accurate that is, but it's an interesting theory, anyway.

Sounds like that theory was invented by Evangelion fans.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I think this is the only costume that has ever made me hungry.

Not Mayor McCheese? Or Big Mac?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I lovve how the onlookers that seem to have noticed these two all look disgusted and kinda horrified, as if they're really seeing the two characters shake hands.

I'm more bothered by that girl in black who seems to be holding a disembodied head.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I thought it was a steampunk and female version Twiki and Dr. Theopolis.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

McPantserton posted:

Cosplay Dad also did SC3 Zasalamel, told us he worked on that chainmail on business trips in like 3-4 different countries

He could totally pull of a great Thulsa Doom cosplay.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

These are a few of my favourite Things.

Well, Disney owns both Marvel and the Muppets, it was only a matter of time before they combined them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

My god this was overdue for Spider-Woman. So very very very overdue.

Amazing cosplay. Sexy, professional, in-character outfit. Aside from nitpicks what's not to love?

The glasses make her look like she's wearing one of the old timey fake glasses and fake nose items?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I'm watching The X-Files for the first time, and in one of the first episodes there's a dude who is shown wearing these freaky contacts. If contacts in 2015 suck to wear, imagine how he must have felt in 1993.

Or 1987. Bruce Campbell talked about how painful the all white, GLASS contacts he had to wear Evil Dead 2. Did not report a pleasant experience.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Rob Liefeld was the 90s-est of the 90s comic artists and he was pretty much a kid who was in the right place at the right time (he was a professional comic artist at 21 and was setting industry sales records at 24) who never ever grew up or matured as an artist because in his mind he was doing everything absolutely right and there was no need for him to ever progress. If you read some of his recent blog posts he still blames all the criticism of his work on "haters" and genuinely thinks his sales records show that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

He also invented Deadpool so the cosplay world would never have been the same without him. :v:

My favorite Liefeld thing was a couple years ago he returned for a Deadpool arc. At one point he drew Deadpool driving around in a van that had a giant foot atop of it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BattleCattle posted:

An actual foot, a large model foot, or a foot-clan ninja?

A large model of a foot. Toes and all.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

Crossposting because it's Halloween.

I made my first jason costume. I took bits and pieces that I liked from a few of the movies and threw it together because I thought it would be better than just flat out carbon copying something that's been done to death. The reason for the sack mask & the traditonal hockey mask was actually because I felt that without a latex hood the mask itself would look lame, and I needed something to even out the damage on the mask against my super white/non-deformed flesh.

That's really loving cool. The sack/hockey mask works really, really well. It's the only Jason cosplay I've seen this year that's really stands out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

That's an awesome lo- holy poo poo, what is up with those creepy dolls behind you?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Abslom Daak's going to be pissed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Master Blaster would've been better

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

spoiler from season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Should've had adults playing the child roles (Carl, Lizzie)

• Locked thread