Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I feel that if you're going to do JoJo cosplay you need to smear your entire body with a layer of Vaseline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Benny the Snake posted:

Are her guns Sword Cutlass 9mms?

Yes, since those are certainly the officially licensed Airsoft guns.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Why did they need to rename Beretta 92s?

The character is Thai, so I believe it's implied that they are custom knockoffs she had made. The only notable difference between them and the stock 92FS is a slightly longer barrel. It's probably also safe to say that the production company made up a custom variant/knockoff so they could have a legal foothold against airsoft companies and the like making replicas.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Irish Joe posted:

All you're missing is the comically oversized flower.

IT WAS A PIECE OF CELERY OK

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
In groups they smile at yogurt, duh.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Phuzzy posted:

That Nonon is more adventurous than I'd ever care to be at a con. It doesn't look like she's got a sheer body stocking or anything. Nudist Beach indeed.

It's probably nipple pasties and double sided tape/glue, which probably is the least comfortable thing at the end of the day. I also loled super hard at her ammo pouches because they are the standard Ultra Pro Deck Box people use for Magic cards.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If you're around Germany and you love crazy costumes you owe it to yourself to go to Mythodea at least once. It's one of the largest fantasy LARP events in the world and some of the stuff people do is really awesome. It's like ~8,000 people in full costume camping out for 5 days and it gets pretty crazy and intense.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

King Vidiot posted:

It must be awesome to be both a pop culture nerd who's into cosplay and someone who looks almost identical to a particular actor from a "geeky" show or movie.

The closest I ever got was apparently looking like some really popular guy named Kevin. Over the course of several years in middle and high school random people would approach me in stores and public places and ask if I was somehow related to him.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Android Bicyclist posted:

I want to say I'd would watch a Rambo where he's a fat, homeless person that goes on a killing rampage, but that's way too realistic.
:smith:

This is basically the plot of The Exterminator if you add in a flame thrower.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

German LARPers are insane

If you're at all interested in LARP/Costuming, Mythodea is pretty loving awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCIehY0bcNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVLUoEnhF0c

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Reverse Centaur posted:

This has nothing to do with being blonde. I'm blonde with hair everywhere and can grow a full beard in two days. See also Vikings TV show.

To be fair, while a lot of Vikings were blondes, it also helped that it was commonplace to comb bleach into your hair and beard in order to stay clean. Their cleanliness was so dramatic that apparently there were Saxon women who really wanted to get kidnapped by those pretty bishi Viking boys due to the fact that they did things like cut their hair, take baths and brush their teeth.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Gravity heels aren't uncomfortable per say, I have a pair I wear sometimes. A lot of people go clubbing in them.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

McPantserton posted:

Building my own Eddie mascot suit is kind of a dream costume of mine but I feel like there are basically no conventions where people would really get it. Someday.

If you do the Trooper version or the Maiden Japan version people will get it. Nerds love classic metal.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Yeah Gaiman has some strange opinions sometimes. Like, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell is a good book but his jacket quote for it calls it the greatest English fantasy novel of the last fifty years or something insane like that.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Klaus88 posted:

I sincerely doubt most of the people devoted to MMOs or MOBAs have the social or practical skills to cosplay.

On an average day .40% of the entire worlds population plays a game of League. That doesn't sound like much, but it means that more people play that videogame in a day than live in Texas. It's a staggering amount of people and it really shouldn't shock anyone that it's an extremely popular cosplay subject.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

jmistajay posted:

I'm sure you're just being intentionally obtuse, but in case you're not, I don't think she's talking about being ogled. She's probably talking about people leaving comments along the lines of, "Oh man, you've got such big juicy tits, I'd love to titty rape them and cum all over your whore face." Stuff like that.

I'd probably go so far as to say even actual literal whores don't deserve that kind of explicit harassment on social media, so whatever boob related intent she has and how much she puts them on display is totally immaterial.

Hilariously enough I used to play videogames with a girl who did the whole sexwork thing and apparently people on hooker websites are super polite and creepily surgical in their reviews and comments.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Yeah I mean Stephanie Michelle isn't really what I would call a "cosplayer" she's a softcore model who does a lot of cosplay, but her business model is definitely "see me almost naked by paying me money".

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I think what more people would find impressive is just how many divisions of our government have guys who carry guns, badges and can arrest you!
The FDA? Of course?
Department of Education? Yep!

The Postal Service?
Bitch, they got two different divisions of special agents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Hamshot posted:

Ok, ok, WHY? Not super on topic and I hope not to derail the thread, but why???

The real reason actually makes some sense. USPIS protects the actual postal service itself, as in the depots where the mail is transported, the people who deliver and transport mail, etc. The OIG handles crimes committed using the mail, like transporting drugs, mail fraud, scams, mail bombs, and stuff of that nature.

Some other interesting ones we have:

OEE: Who handle crimes related to importing and exporting goods. If Trump has his way and tried to implement his harebrained import/export restriction scheme he's going to have to probably triple or quadruple the size of this agency, which would be wildly expensive because the average salary there is pretty drat high.
OCI: Who are the previously mentioned FDA law enforcement arm. They're actually, honestly, the most important law enforcement office no one has ever heard of. The FDA is responsible for something like a quarter to a third of all money spent by your average American and OCI are the people in charge of enforcing consumer protections and regulations passed on, well, food and drugs. If some company is doing shady stuff with medications, or some people are passing off some scam treatment as real, OCI are the dudes who bust heads and crack skulls. Their main weakness is that they are criminally undermanned and often pinned under a raft of paperwork and red tape.
BEP: It's well known that the Secret Service handles counterfeiting, but these guys also work in that area, along with protecting the actual places where money is made, stored and transported. Because their job is also shared between two other federal agencies (the Secret Service and the Mint Police) they also do a lot of police training for some reason, and run a bunch of the centers that train people like the FBI and state troopers in automatic weapons training and other certifications.
OECA: The law enforcement arm of the EPA, does basically what you'd imagine. Notable because they employ a lot of scientists that also are law enforcement officers which is pretty cool I guess. Probably going to get ultra gutted under Trump.

• Locked thread