Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SiKboy posted:

Seriously? How am I the first person to say Ash from Evil Dead? Get a chainsaw on that arm ASAP.

Plus that's super easy to cosplay. Stained, ripped white shirt, brown trousers, harness, chainsaw, boomstick, comically oversized prosthetic chin. Job's a good 'un.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

May Contain Nuts posted:

Confused until I realized I was thinking of Margaret McPoyle.

For content:

Their mom was running around as Donna

Oh my god, Wilf Mott :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Master Ascetic Naaresh, from Hordes/Iron Kingdoms.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Angry Walrus posted:

I feel like they were inspired by Bryan Cranston cosplaying as himself last year.

Hugh Jackman done it too, where he cosplayed as Wolverine and no-one recognized him.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I always love high-quality tokusatsu cosplay because you can guarantee the cosplay is probably of higher quality than the costume used in the filming.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Colonial Air Force posted:

I would except Dutch angles for any cosplay of the Adam West Batman. In fact I'd insist.

Alternatively, put lifts on one boot and not the other, so you're constantly in a Dutch angle.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

How does someone manage to resemble both Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston at the same time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's okay, he has an extra hour.

Every time anyone gets sad in any way, they should just remember Dashcon.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah I recall Hugh Jackman going as a set-ready Wolverine one year, but I'd like to lovely versions of their most famous characters way way more. Andrew Garfield had the right idea but he did it before ASM1 came out.

Didn't that also end up with a "Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest" moment, where Jackman didn't even win the cosplay competition?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Davros1 posted:

He could totally pull of a great Thulsa Doom cosplay.

Seriously, dude is the spitting image of JEJ.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

TopCow threw money at it to make it happen, iirc :homebrew:.

TopCow are just really good at completely missing the peak of their franchises.

See also: A Darkness video game in 2007.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Looks more like Ellen Page.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

You could say...it's pretty good. :ocelot:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

That's when he's a lot older, and he still does have a small bandolier in his character design from MGS1. I can't even remember if he was on the Single Action Army by the later part of MGS3.

Yup. He actually gets the SAA fairly early in the game, he only has one appearance where he has the Makarov, until it jams and Snake tells him to get a revolver instead.

So Colt .45 rounds would make sense, even if those are clearly not Colt .45s

:goonsay:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tracula posted:

So. Honest question. Even if I can supply my own horse teeth how much would a full-on Immortan Joe cosplay cost?

It depends, do you have access to anything that can be used to mold and cast acrylic?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Close but no cigar.

:golfclap:

Also trigger discipline. And even the correct model of pistol.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

It's an action pose, I'll forgive it.

No, I was praising her trigger discipline, her finger isn't on it. But yeah, action pose, so if her finger was on it, that'd probably be alright too.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Kakal posted:

One Punch Man

One Punch Man has given a backup cosplay to every bald man on earth. Same with how every fat man has Kingpin as a fallback.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Speleothing posted:

Games workshop is dying in every market except the uk and the only reason they're still afloat (despite utter incompetence on every level by their management) is that they have no debts.

Don't give GW money

To give a single bit of context to how incompetent they are: they brag in their corporate report that they have no marketing department.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I love the War Boy in the back row holding up the steering wheel :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mucktron posted:

So the funny part is, I cosplayed as Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater like.. 10 years ago, and now that The Phantom Pain is out, I was like "hey. why the hell not?"

Me and my photographer friend took advantage of our current location in southern california and got some photos, I'd say they came out... pretty good :ocelot:

Ocelot in TPP had shotgun shells on his bandolier, not bullets.

(But really, that's rad as hell.)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I heard the American Akira is now going or maybe not and will be a trilogy and the author of the Manga thinks that's a bad idea?

Ruuuuumor mill!
Can't wait for the new costumes.

American Akira is never happening. That thing will forever be punted into the long grass because no studio is willing to commit the money that'd need.

Not to mention it'd be garbage anyway, so it's no big loss.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

This right here is playing to your type. Low effort, yet instantly recognizable, because he basically is Hank Hill IRL.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Colonial Air Force posted:

Emperor's Champion? I'd love to see the Iron Halo, but I certainly can't complain about the costume.

Also, the sword's blade should be black with "IMPERATOR REX" carved on it. Cuz that's what makes the Emperor's Champion the Emperor's Champion, the Black Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The best part of the Spider Gwen design is how loving comfy it looks.

God-drat built-in Chucks.

• Locked thread