Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cornholio with ab definition is creeping me out for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheMadMilkman posted:

Who do I give money to if I just want to paint sweet space orc miniatures?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/warpath-the-sci-fi-battle-game

Don't think they have orcs in the KS though, just dwarfs, humans and skaven.

This is their old line of space orcs: http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/marauders.html It will probably be updated after the KS.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

TheMadMilkman posted:

Who do I give money to if I just want to paint sweet space orc miniatures?

The chinese recasters. Their quality control is better than GW at 10% the cost, its ridiculous.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I want to party with Jane Lynch.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Trast posted:

I want to party with Jane Lynch.

Can't help but hear Cmdr Shepard (FemShep is TrueShep) say that, and I don't think the building will last that long with that magnitude of partying.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

tribbledirigible posted:

Can't help but hear Cmdr Shepard (FemShep is TrueShep) say that, and I don't think the building will last that long with that magnitude of partying.

They would spill drinks all over the guddamn place

Maka and Death from Soul Eater. The giant foam hands slay me.

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Sep 25, 2015

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

tribbledirigible posted:

Jane Lynch is likely a better dancer than Cmdr Shepard. But then, who isn't?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hajime from Gatchaman: CROWDS

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

Jane Lynch is likely a better dancer than Cmdr Shepard. But then, who isn't?

Joker.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

This is good. We need more of this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The bearded dude dressed as a bride is my favourite :v:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Whoa whoa whoa back the gently caress up, that's Kevin Kline's version of Bottom from the '99 version of Midsummer Night's Dream looking grumpy in the back there. He's even got the moustache and hat right. Good screencaps of the original are really hard to find but this kinda sums it up

I didn't think people cosplayed Shakespeare, but there you are.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Holy poo poo. I like how all the doof guitar men are in the back.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Whoa whoa whoa back the gently caress up, that's Kevin Kline's version of Bottom from the '99 version of Midsummer Night's Dream looking grumpy in the back there. He's even got the moustache and hat right. Good screencaps of the original are really hard to find but this kinda sums it up

Hmm, I haven't seen that version. That seems like an oddly fashionable Nick Bottom.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Couple rows up on the right: Adam Savage and whatever random celebrity he brought along. Expect a Youtube soon.

I hope the Immortan Joes all declared each other :mediocre:.

Normal Barbarian has a new favorite as of 12:06 on Sep 27, 2015

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
None of the brides are crushing the camera between their fingers. :mediocre:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I thought it was supposed to be Rene Belloq, but I hope it's actually Kevin Kline cosplay. We need more of that in today's world.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The guy in the front-center as classic Road Warrior Max is almost a dead ringer for a young Thom Yorke.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

VendaGoat posted:

This is good. We need more of this.

In two weeks my bf and I are going to a Mad Max themed con/art show in Detroit (AKA, we're going to Detroit). I'll try to snap some good pictures.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I love the War Boy in the back row holding up the steering wheel :allears:

Zeff Clancy
Nov 25, 2007

My god, he's an eyepatch and a shave away from Fischoeder:

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Choco1980 posted:

In two weeks my bf and I are going to a Mad Max themed con/art show in Detroit (AKA, we're going to Detroit). I'll try to snap some good pictures.

More info please? My weekends in October are pretty busy this year but I'd love to try and fit something like that in.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Friend and I recently went as Hector and Lyn from Fire Emblem.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Big McHuge posted:

More info please? My weekends in October are pretty busy this year but I'd love to try and fit something like that in.

It's called "Fury Road to Thunderdome".

Here's the event's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/665441023590600/

It started out claiming to be an art show with local vendors, which there's plenty of alternative art shows at that venue in Detroit (The Tangent Gallery). Then they started talking about live music. And cosplay. And roller derby battles. And War Wagons on display. And Thunderdome. It's a drat mini convention.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Addams Family reboot?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That must be a shop right?

I'm peepor is doing a little dance!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Zeff Clancy posted:

My god, he's an eyepatch and a shave away from Fischoeder:

I know you're probably aware and :thejoke: but I wouldn't doubt that being on purpose.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inzombiac posted:

That must be a shop right?

Yeah it's a 'shop of this old promo photo of Anjelica Huston:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah it's a 'shop of this old promo photo of Anjelica Huston:

yay or nay motherfucker?

Mucktron
Dec 21, 2005

"But I've been twelve for a very long time"
So the funny part is, I cosplayed as Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater like.. 10 years ago, and now that The Phantom Pain is out, I was like "hey. why the hell not?"

Me and my photographer friend took advantage of our current location in southern california and got some photos, I'd say they came out... pretty good :ocelot:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Steven Universe.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mucktron posted:

So the funny part is, I cosplayed as Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater like.. 10 years ago, and now that The Phantom Pain is out, I was like "hey. why the hell not?"

Me and my photographer friend took advantage of our current location in southern california and got some photos, I'd say they came out... pretty good :ocelot:

I'd say that pride feeds my blackened heart alright.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Apparently games workshop is terrified of 3D printers, and I find that funny.

As someone who runs a small 3D printing business from home with two different tech level printers, I can honestly say the market is ways away from this being a legitimate fear. Maybe for bigger things like I have files for a tabletop scale bane blade tank and drop pod and other big ones but the technology is at least a couple years off that level of detail being affordable. Even my resin machine (when it decides to work) hasn't got that level of detail

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6Cp2cB-30

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

McSpergin posted:

As someone who runs a small 3D printing business from home with two different tech level printers, I can honestly say the market is ways away from this being a legitimate fear. Maybe for bigger things like I have files for a tabletop scale bane blade tank and drop pod and other big ones but the technology is at least a couple years off that level of detail being affordable. Even my resin machine (when it decides to work) hasn't got that level of detail

Yeah but Games Workshop doesn't have a reputation that makes me think they'd change in the 10+ years it'd take for 3D Printers to become a real problem despite knowing full well what it could eventually do to their business.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

:haw:

Oh man, that's perfect.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AHHHHHHHH

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mucktron posted:

Ocelot in TPP had shotgun shells on his bandolier, not bullets.

:goonsay:

(But really, that's rad as hell.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I really hope this is a family photo of a girl and her dads, because that raises it from :3: to :kimchi:

• Locked thread