Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

:allears:

Found a Treebeard on Imgur:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

I'm surprised no one's mentioned going as a Techpriest yet, depending on how bionic (or at least bionic-looking) a prosthesis she has.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

It's not red though, so obviously it doesn't go fast. :colbert:

(Seriously though, that's awesome.)

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Found on Imgur:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Speaking of DBZ cosplay, these appeared on Imgur:

I don't know if I'm more impressed that they made them, or that their dog let them do that and didn't run off afterwards.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Don't forget

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

a kitten posted:

I'm not even sure who this is, but it sure is impressive!

League-playing friends say that's Orianna.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

DoctorWhat posted:

Quite probably the most rational and well-thought-out answer possible to a very loaded question

:golfclap:

For some content: Found this on Imgur, so I don't know who the cosplayer is. Anyone see them at NYCC and know?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Couldn't you just put tape on the inside at the top and bottom of the cut?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Saw a good male Link at Magfest '13,

He played the trumpet pretty well, presumably better than he played the ocarina. I don't remember if it was aluminum armor underneath or not.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Looks like it's either a church and/or something from Warhammer 40k.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yep, it's a W40K-inspired original costume.

Here's a ton of 'making of' photos

Oh, alright. She really IS cosplaying as a church! :catholic:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

goons posted:

:goonsay:

Anyway, a thing related to the thread that I found on Imgur:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

How's that for a dream job?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Pope Guilty posted:

Check out the insignia and iconography on her armor. :ussr:

Red Marines :ussr:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

aerion111 posted:

But, are they inspired by anything in particular?
I know that if I was making something like that, being a lazy and uncreative sort, I'd 'heavily borrow' from 'professional' art.

That's the Ronald McDonald version of Sephiroth, the final boss from Final Fantasy VII getting ready to square off against a Col. Sanders version of Cloud Strife, the protagonist.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty much. False Idol worship and all that.

Also people having fun.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

techknight posted:

My bad, there's another, less metal version:

But why would anyone want that? :black101:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Source

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Friend of mine found this on an old post on Imgur; McPanterson, is that you?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Found an anglerfish

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

LeviathanGunship posted:

Then Superman outfit looks like it's referencing the Kryptonian armor from Man of Steel. I'm not sure about the Wonder Woman outfit, but it still looks great.

According to Imgur, it's based on this:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

New Leaf posted:

I don't recognize the character, but I assume she's doing it well. What is she from?

Jinx, from League of Legends.

Not to be confused with Jynx, from Pokemon.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Then you're drunk because there's only one of her and her breasts are definitely larger than aw gently caress trap sprung.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

SpartanIV posted:

It's called Mecha-Musume :spergin:

"Everyday Life with Tanks" would be an interesting show.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Choco1980 posted:

Buggin me that he's wearing Ernie's sweater.

RickVoid posted:

Hitman games got weird.

:colbert:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

"They're Mon-Keigh."
/

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

tribbledirigible posted:

I bet someone at Warner Bros is scratching their head at the weird amount of traffic the website still generates: http://www.warnerbros.com/archive/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

Space Jam's Website, Stellar Souvenirs Section posted:

If you're using a Macintosh, just drag the image from your browswer to the desktop (or hold your mouse button down over the image and select "copy this image" from the pop-up menu). If you're using a PC-compatible machine, hold the mouse over the image and press the right mouse button. Select "save this image" from the pop-up menu. That's it, the poster is all yours. But remember, Warner Bros. still owns the copyright.

Ah, the days when most people didn't know how to save pictures off the Information Superhighway :allears:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Dare I ask what the robo-penis is supposed to be?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

What if we put these enlarged eyes at a Dutch angle?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Kramjacks posted:

I'm pretty sure its a prop gun in her hand, and considering theres a big camera on the right she's probably posing for the picture.

Yup

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently the merchandising division over at Disney got it into their heads that Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma were going to be the breakout characters of TFA with Poe Dameron coming in third, which is why there's a buttload of action figures and toys for those characters and comparatively little for Rey and Finn. I guess they thought that Kylo was going to be the new Darth Vader and Phasma was the new Boba Fett??

Tough to do when one spends the finale getting crumped by people without training, and the other gets locked in a locker on an exploding planetgun...

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

LingcodKilla posted:

That's just cheating.

Need some cool costume cosplay for a cold shower.

Ave Imperator.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Madmarker posted:

The problem is that it attracts the same high school age kids that would have been attracted to Homestuck a few years ago. Some of the humor of the game is almost perfectly designed to attract those sorts of people like moths to a flame. I still really like the game and think people should try it out, but I do agree, the fanbase can be a bit twee and distrubing at times.

Toby Fox, the developer/writer/composer, previously made music for Homestuck. The same adage probably applies (to one extent or another) that the thing is cool, but the fans are awful.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

McPantserton posted:

And here's what I lost to in Video Games. I'm not even mad.

DAT'S 'KUZ ORKS IZ MADE FOR WINNIN'! :orks101:

But seriously that's pretty rad

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Spider-Gwen, Kylo Ren, and Spidermen all rhyme and have the same number of syllables, even if the spiders are cheating.

• Locked thread