Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Is that a kid on his shoulders? Or is it a squid?

It's both! :aaaaa: Kid and squid cosplay first sighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjPOSKnOftA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

Holy poo poo

More here and higher-res shots: http://cosplay.kotaku.com/batman-cosplay-is-out-of-control-1712955851

edit: oh, it looks like the gauntlet shoots fireballs, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDHQecAeJI

HOLY poo poo

No dutch angles!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

Wait, how am I hearing about a new Killer Instinct from the cosplay thread of all places.

Xbone only.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Artless Meat posted:

Soon to be pc. It was also bad at launch, but maybe they fixed it now.

It only being on the Xbone is a better explanation for how it might've flown under his radar though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That one was innocent! :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I wish I could find it but years ago I read an interview with a woman who worked at Marvel's offices in the 70s who pointed out to the man (possibly Stan?) in charge at the time that yes, women noticed how Puritanically smooth the crotches were on heroes leaping full-bore legs askew at the viewer. This was long before the Internet got up in arms about this sort of thing, but still an early version of how disparate and double-standard-y the medium - and by extension much of the cosplay - was and is in many circles.

Nah, that's intentional, see, before Peter Parker goes out to patrol, he takes one of those plastic cards that you get with screen covers and gives his junk a once-over and that pushes out the bubble in the suit. :pseudo:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WHY IS HER FLOOR AT A DUTCH ANGLE?!

:negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I know this one's probably Kain, but when I first saw it I instead thought of Alternis Dim, and I was very happy.

I'll have to ask a friend of mine for links to some of the Bravely Default cosplays he somehow just accrues pictures of. I loved those designs so much.

Cecil, Kain used spears.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

That was the creepiest thing someone has ever said to her?

Apparently! Not every comment is gonna be some dude asking if she wouldn't mind loaning him their skin.

After having broken into her hotel room.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jedit posted:

Who is this Adam Savage person?

One of the guys from Mythbusters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bitter Mushroom posted:

why would a married man watch a show for children?

it's p. good at the third and fourth season

If you hadn't said married I would've made a joke about bronies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A Warhammer 40K Muppet?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"Haha, I died!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Having a skeletal structure. :v:

The whole "3D" thing kinda makes it harder to pull off than usual, I'd say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Why does she have giant vaginas on her dress?

Please seek a doctor

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beato posted:

I finally watched Frozen, everything about it was crap, Tangled was heaps better.

Well there goes my theory that it was just a decent movie but got too overhyped to ever match up with what was said.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beato posted:

I tried not to believe the hype. Even my girlfriend thought it was terrible. I've never seen a Disney film with so many forgettable songs and characters.

Well that's a shame. At least now I know for sure though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's not that people like stuff it's that it's stuff you don't see the appeal of and would like someone who enjoys it to chime in on why people like it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

I think a good comparison is to Team Fortress 2. The characters only have a paragraph of history and the game has no real story. But there's they're well designed and voice acted. They have distinct voices and they change what they say depending on what other characters are around. It gives them a lot more depth than you might expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tswv55Vg86Y

Same thing is in DOTA. There's 100 characters but they have a huge collection of dialogue. Every character has a bunch of lines when they are teamed up with a friend or when they kill a character they have a history with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgGHuE1_3E.

The real reason is the DOTA is huge on custom items. Every character has a bunch of alternate costumes so there's 3 or 4 cosplay options for each of them.

TF2 has comics and little animated videos of all the classes talking with each other while murdering each other though so it doesn't really work out too well as a comparison. And worst of all, the game has a story but it's all in the comics [that're at least all free]

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

It has comics!?!?

I don't know if you're just loving with me or not but Yes

And videos!

Internet Kraken posted:

Dota has had tie in comics as well. Also the "Meet the X" videos were incredibly barebones early on in its life but people still enjoyed the personality of all the classes in TF2. This is because Valve goes through the effort to write a lot of lines and find good voice actors for them.

I honestly had no idea Dota had comics too. And the first two "Meet the X" videos were Heavy and Soldier, which told us that the latter of which is insane and talks to collected severed heads of the enemy team! Heavy's a lot more sane since his big quirk was "Named his minigun [Sasha]" and also "Doesn't like when people touch his minigun"

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Aug 15, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

I think Termina Cosplay does really lovely armor cosplays and is cool so here's some of that jesus h

I'm gonna guess Scyther, Shiny Gyarados, and Cia.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't get why she went so far with the eyebrows, personally.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beato posted:

Why did they bother to render a g-string string?

Why indeeeeed?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pretty decent challah cosplay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I thought this was Agent Hand in Warhammer armor for some reason, at first.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

And I thought Nigri had a huge set of bolt ons.....

And how she should look

Seems a bit rude to slam her for having larger breasts than the other Chun-Li cosplayer but ok. Only problem with it I can see is she should bigger spike bangles. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Irsh posted:

I don't think she's being slammed for their size, but because she's altered Chun-Li's costume to have an absurdly low neckline. It was a poor choice and the second costume is more true to the character.

Oh, okay fair enough. If she'd kept it closed it would've been closer to the genuine article, I agree.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fosborb posted:

When did this

become this

He lifted and stacked all those logs and hurt himself doing it. It seems like a natural transformation to me. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Well that explains the naked Raven cosplay pics.
Not posting that!

Oh hi Fire Emblem: Awakening feet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

Actually, this is now canon.

That was a glitch. A weird one that didn't remove people's faces for a change or immediately kill your character.

Also, I mentioned that earlier too.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, okay fair enough. If she'd kept it closed it would've been closer to the genuine article, I agree.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jourdan Barnett

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 23:11 on Sep 4, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

Right? BACK IN MY DAY our first cosplays were super terrible! We all looked terrible and we liked it! Ok here's mine, don't judge babby McPantserton too hard

And my most recent cosplay photo!

Def a hotel shoot but my friend from X-Geek/Nude Carbon Studios makes that poo poo look pretty good imo

Not a selfie. 0/10

Dutch angle. 0/10.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

I know all the real world reasons why boobplate makes no sense but honestly that whole suit of armor is crazy unrealistic in tons of other ways. I wish it wasn't the case that boobs are such a commonly used visual cue to mean "female," but ultimately I felt it was probably the best way to do it the way I wanted to while changing as little of the design as possible.

Yeah, it's fine. There's a difference in having to actually physically construct said armor in the real world versus just drawing it like that or designing it in a game or something. It's fine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McPantserton posted:

I do think it's an interesting question, really. I thought about it a lot when I was planning. I still can't come up with a better solution even now honestly. One of the things I had in mind when I picked Arthas as my next build was that I had never seen a female Arthas cosplayer that did the costume without cleavage or midriff, and most of the time it's just an armor bikini. I wanted to do a definitively female version that was also not sexified.

I also briefly considered doing a heavier, more covered breastplate but have a super ridiculous ultra cleavage window in it. I thought it would be funny but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it haha!

The only solution I could come up with is just going helmetless like a Fire Emblem character. Otherwise, ya got me on how to better show that armor as feminine. I don't really think of how to cosplay or what ways to make armor and stuff and yadda yadda yadda so I'm not exactly a fount of solutions on that anyway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

She's obviously just a Vegata fan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lotta Legend of Korra cosplay.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hJExO

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

Jane Lynch is likely a better dancer than Cmdr Shepard. But then, who isn't?

Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That Luke Cage has actually turned up in the thread before when someone asked if there's even been cosplay of Bulletproof from C.O.P.S.:

Iron Fist is Ms Marvel's father:

https://www.facebook.com/shanmanx/timeline

Am I crazy or does he look more like a Carlton than a Will?

• Locked thread