Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

End of discussion. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

That costume looks like it could also be easily modified into President Business.

Or the "IGNORE ME!" guy from Venture Bros.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

McKilligan posted:

Don't think it's the same person, but here's all the Rat Queens - https://www.flickr.com/photos/71598011@N00/6103783912/in/photostream/

Maybe Flickr doesn't like my phone, or this is some kind of super abstract version of them, but that appears to be a ball of yarn.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Erebus posted:

*Not Billie Piper

Wow, she's even a better looking version of Billie Piper.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Well, jinkies!

That's the female half of the Screen Team, a group I only know from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_t9i8EbTJQ

I don't know what Velma has to do with video games in the context of the video, but that's a mystery for another day.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

cowboythreespeech posted:

That woman's breasts are enormous.

They are incredibly fake. Internet creeps have done all the research for you if you look for it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

404GoonNotFound posted:

I'm like 80% sure that's BelleChere (best known for that in-loving-credible Captain Marvel) so yeah, it's a wig.

GIS says she's good at just about every character imaginable..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hydrolith posted:

Is Bradford's patch really that wonky and misplaced? :/

Bradford's is much larger, but the placement isn't bad. I'm sure he put it on the sweater while it was on a hanger and didn't take into account how putting it on would distort it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Boomerjinks posted:

I need to know what the text under the logo says.

My guess is is Warner Bros. International or something along those lines.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'd like to see her try to go fast in those shoes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Some people just look bizarrely like the character they are playing.

Somehow she nailed the blind 1000 yard stare.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

That's probably one of the coolest Samus costumes I've seen, completely ruined by zombie poo poo

Just pretend it's "Battle Damage Samus" who has been in a nonstop battle for many hours.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Relevant, but should probably be considered :nws: due to giant foam boobs. http://cosplay.kotaku.com/cosplay-boobs-reinvented-1686484199/+brianashcraft

If nothing else, it's clever as hell.

Edit: That Alphonse is loving amazing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Colonial Air Force posted:

I've never really thought of Wonder Woman as tanned. Certainly not orange.

She's supposed to be Greek. She's "olive skinned".

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is apparently former Mythbuster Grant Imohara's girlfriend. I assume she's wearing a costume.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

He's clearly cosplaying as the Funko POP Master Chief: http://www.amazon.com/Funko-Master-Chief-Vinyl-Figure/dp/B006HEXDDY

...too bad the same can't be said about that Cortana.. http://www.amazon.com/Funko-Halo-Cortana-Vinyl-Figure/dp/B00AAI0OAS/ref=pd_sim_t_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HNC2XPZKJZ0ABVX8W53

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Meh, doesn't have Bruce's chin. Pass.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mucktron posted:

I have a Tina costume I wear as my go-to for random costume parties and I finally decided to get some photos of myself wearing it that were not taking on an iphone in a dark bar/house party.

Working on some erotic friendfiction

time for the charm bomb to explode.

Practicing my sexy dance fighting.

This is what Tina cosplay should look like. Well done!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

MagicAlex posted:

I wonder who was hotter. The guy wearing the fur hat or the guy dressed in a sweat hoodie and mask.

Geez, can we stop ogling people in the cosplay thread? loving goons, I swear..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shmowzow!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Alouicious posted:

actually its a pika

How have they kept all Pokemon references off of that wiki page?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Madmarker posted:

Hey I got back from Animazement in Raleigh this year, and had a great time parading around as Mario. Anyway, the fun I had in my relatively slapdash costume got me inspired to try and do something that actually required effort to look decent. So I want to try and put together a Majin Buu costume as I love dragonballz, can do Majin Buu's voice and well, have the correct physique and dimensions for it. that being said, I want it to look good and not like most sad Majin Buu cosplay I've seen posted here and other places.
The main sticking point seems to be the head, Majin Buu's head and tentacle thing. So does anyone have any good idea's on how to go about making that and having it look good. I've seen a few tutorials on making latex masks, but quite frankly they flew right over my head. So, does anyone have any ideas? The rest of the outfit seems rather easy with the exception of the boots.

I have no delusions that I can make something as good as the italian sfx guy posted earlier, but something that doesn't look too stupid would be nice.

What's up fellow Raleigh goon? I have a Facebook feed full of photos from that con. An old friend of mine was Batwoman one day and some blonde chick with a bob haircut, white armor, and a giant sword.. didn't recognize her character.

That said, it seems really hard to make that thing look both seamless and not like a sex toy. Maybe just strap a floppy pink dildo to your head and run with it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lust from Full Metal Alchemist.. And a drat good one too.

Edit: vvv Ah.. I see. Early morning phone posting, should really learn to read without coffee.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 11:26 on May 28, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Could be Moonstone during her Dark Ms. Marvel stage.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I saw this on Twitter. I can appreciate the workmanship that went into it, but it just seems a bit weird to make a costume of a normal human dad.

I don't even think it's a costume, it just looks like a normal human guy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My wife and I have finally been watching Korra and that is loving amazing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Jedit posted:

Who is this Adam Savage person?

I can't tell if your'e kidding or not.. Where are you from that you've never seen Mythbusters?

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/

He's a movie/TV special effects guy who got into a TV show where they "bust" common myths using "science".. which is really just an excuse to blow things up. It's a fun little show, and he's easily the best thing to come out of it since he's a fantastic geek icon. He goes to cons in some elaborate costume he built himself then reveals after everything is over who he was.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bitter Mushroom posted:

why would a married man watch a show for children?

Because it entertains us?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Relevant: http://io9.com/the-most-creative-and-sensational-cosplay-of-san-diego-1717564256

A lot of these are amazing. I especially like the Jon Snow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Will you goons calm the gently caress down before mods close the thread? You're acting like you've never seen a loving castle before. That's not a piece of stone for you to ogle, that's some architect's creation there! What would your houses and apartments say if they heard you acting like this? Whatever sorts of medieval structures you like to look at on your own time is up to you, but keep that filth off the forums.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mr E posted:

Also colored contacts are annoying as hell to wear and I can't imagine they would be fun to wear every day for shoots. Maybe something added post would work.

I'm watching The X-Files for the first time, and in one of the first episodes there's a dude who is shown wearing these freaky contacts. If contacts in 2015 suck to wear, imagine how he must have felt in 1993.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Locator posted:

Most any James Bond movie!

Ah yes, how could you forget Johnny Depp's character in all the James Bond movies?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm so glad that's no longer a thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

With her face, she could pull off a Margaery Tyrell pretty easily too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Here is the answer to the question of, "Do they make that, in this?" when it comes to guns.

"How much are you willing to spend?"

So we actually have some cosplay during this derail. Have a splicer.

That is the laziest Groot cosplay I've ever seen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Jynx has no tits so it doesn't matter .
Because it matters for every other female costume
:goonsay:

I don't recognize the character, but I assume she's doing it well. What is she from?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

It's okay to like stuff. I like stuff too!

For instance!

Mega Man is hard to do right. That one is drat good, but he still looks strange. I bet if the fabric between armor plates was more textured it would look better, but still, really solid work.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That helmet is loving awesome though. I'd have a shelf in the living room just for that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I do. I care very much.

It's seriously like she stepped out of the game. Well done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is that a man? I think that's a man. That's a strong jaw line.

• Locked thread