Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

This woman seems made for Lydia Deetz cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Gaige from Borderlands 2

TwoFace from do I really need to tell you it's Batman

Little Mac from Punch-Out

Whatever Ellen Page's character's name was from Beyond: Two Souls

A purple dude chilling

A Sailor Moon character I've forgotten scoping the food court

Princess Peach demonstrating the benefit of a background that isn't a convention center

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Casual Goon hanging out in the back really completes the image.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Really like this is.
Has anyone seen any more Saga cosplay?, The character design in that book is great.

I saw this a while back, but it looks like it's just a better photo of the same guy.

The Internet tells me this is also Saga cosplay.

I don't actually know what Saga is.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

There was no explanation that was going to make sense for why all the male mammals in the world suddenly dropped dead simultaneously. If you read it not expecting any bombshell in that department it's fine, and the story doesn't really need an explanation to work.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

First thing I thought of was the COMMENCE TA JIGGLIN' guy from ATHF.

So did I, but then I looked it up and it turns out he was wearing red long johns.

Basically the problem is every old prospector ever looks exactly the same. It says "professional" on his badge, does that mean he's an official part of some booth? Is there some geek thing coming out soon that has an old prospector in it?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I'll never understand why people dress as the most obscure or ironic character they can find instead of a character they actually like. The dozen people who recognize Robbie at Comic-Con can't be worth the hundreds of hours it took to make that costume.

Why would you just assume nobody liked Dinosaurs?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

*Not Billie Piper

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I know that's some Attack on Titan thing but it looks like the head of the King of All Cosmos and it's weirding me out.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Less Batman theater shooting cosplay, more... uh...

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

McPantserton posted:

Guardians cosplay has also made old ones really hard to find. A lot of my cosplay friends have been 3D printing them or doing sculpts with decals and whatnot because normal Walkmans (walkmen? hmm) are in demand.

One movie can't have made that much of a differen

:stare:

I guess it doesn't help that they used the oldest and thus probably rarest model.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Add to gallery > "Cosplay photos to be very careful about shooting in public"

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The pants are possibly Benny and Joon, and the vest/bowtie may be The Tourist. I wonder if there's any Ed Wood in there, though I'm not sure how you'd represent that outside of wearing a cashmere sweater.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Wax Dynasty posted:

The person that did this was German, and American norms about race are not universal.

Good thing Germany's never had trouble with race.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

"Our norms are different" has also been used as a defense of things like Black Pete, and that hasn't stopped protests over that either. And the people protesting weren't Americans.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Look out, people who have already posted reasoned and level-headed answers. Turns out the question was idiotic! Don't you feel foolish!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I don't know if this is makeup and contacts or Photoshop but it's kinda weirding me out either way.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I've always assumed one of the reasons you see it so much in cosplay photography is because you see it a lot in anime artwork, and they're just aping the style.

(No idea what this is, just googled anime wallpapers)

Of course, the reason it gets used in anime so much is probably just because "it looks cool."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

Did we as a thread really just ignore the people mocking a woman and calling her names just because she said that she shouldn't be thought of as a lesser person and treated poorly just because she wasn't ashamed of her sexuality?

We as a thread skipped a dumb derail argument about sex workers that would accomplish nothing but you really wanted to drag it back there so good job

edit: Adding cosplay to this dumb post

Erebus has a new favorite as of 17:08 on Feb 19, 2015

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Click his rap sheet and decide for yourself whether you're going to be the person to really break through to TenementFunster.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

joat mon posted:

Duct tape and lace.

The sequel I've been waiting for!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

This story really doesn't need to come up every time anyone mentions Cammy cosplay.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Say Nothing posted:

People who look suspiciously like the characters they're cosplaying.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Say Nothing posted:

post a thing

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I didn't really did Evangelion. It wasn't the 14 yer old girls or anything, it was just the whiny protagonist who just... sucks the entire show down with him. He basically just never stops being a whiny asshat, even when he's driving a giant fuckoff robot.

This is actually more of the focus of the theory that the show is deliberately off-putting. Evangelion is meant to take all the tropes of anime (the unassertive main character wimp, the emotionless girl, the drunk sexpot, etc.) and crank them up to 11 to show that they're all horrible, broken human beings and you really shouldn't be liking these people.

Then everyone liked those people anyway and welp

Anyway here are some Ritsukos because she is probably one of the least popular cosplay choices from that show

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

LingcodKilla posted:

I feel like a bad person for not evening knowing what game that is from.

You probably should because it's from Fallout and Fallout is Good.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

LingcodKilla posted:

I missed a lot of games over the years because I was a WoW junkie. Why bother playing other games when I could be leveling/resource gathering.

Actually Fallout 1 and 2 came out 6 - 7 years before WoW :spergin:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I don't know how many people know what Sumire 16 Sai!! is, but it was funny and this is good cosplay (although the joints could be better).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Breetai posted:

Googled that poo poo, and gently caress but Japan is bonkers.

For those who don't know: It's a comedy about the new girl at school trying to fit in. Only she's a life-sized mannequin controlled by an old man who never breaks character.

A middle-aged man acting out a caricature of high school life using a fake teenage girl as a prop is actually a pretty funny jab at modern slice of life schoolgirl anime/manga.

• Locked thread