Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

President Ark posted:

What happened to Sailor... uh, blonde girl's eyes? :gonk:

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to :swoon: UGUU~ :swoon:

I think that's just Jessica Nigri, and she's wearing her usual dark eyeliner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

This Nito can reach his own crotch 2/10

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Boomerjinks posted:

Holy poo poo.

The only thing that would make this better is if they had the plane in the background. Awesome

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Mucktron posted:

So me and my friends ended up checking out LA Cosplay Con (IE. "Pay $17 bucks to walk around a hotel lobby and see a few people who didn't win Face/Off), but it was a good test run for our Kill La Kill Costumes we will be doing for AX and Otakon

Our actual photographer was unavaible, but we will probably do a photo-shoot next month to actually show off the costumes better. As opposed to standing around in a hotel lobby.

Aw drat. I thought about going on my lunch since I work across the street but ended up passing on it. Would have been great to help some goons get photos of their work.

Great job, by the way. I think they'll be hits at AX. :)

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

McPantserton posted:

I always like a good Missingno!

My dream is to see a Missingno cosplayer next to an Ash cosplayer whose hands are overflowing with M&Ms.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Will update with a ton of SDCC pics after the events over, but had to throw a couple of my Constantine pics up here. Really happy with how it went overall. An easy costume, but way underrepresented!

This Zatanna was really nice and wanted a pic. Dunno how she did it because that coat was made of velvety material and it is hot as balls out

Also, this happened:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
:siren: SDCC Picture Dump :siren:

I took a lot of more that are in my Flickr stream, but some of my favorite shots from this year are below. So much great cosplay this year, and I still feel like I didn't get nearly enough pictures as I wanted. But that's the same as every year. At least I finished my Constantine in time!

This guy loving owned. Said it took about a month to make that Audrey II.

CAPTAIN EO!!! YES YES YES

This guy:

These girls may or may not have been actually from the show

And my single favorite image from this year:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Now try dealing with those kinds of people every day. "Yeah, so I went with a portable 400w/s strobe and ringlight. Was a pain to carry around on my back, but we got some sweet shots."

No, dude, you blocked everyone for a shot that needed one camera, one lens, and no flash. Good job there, champ. I love my job, but goddamn photographers are the worst sometimes. :(

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Vietnamwees posted:

Are the people filming those montages officially with the convention staff, or are they literally just random convention attendees that are acting like they have authority to do that? Or does the convention only hire one crew to do it, but there's always a few "unofficial" ones? I'd imagine that if a random crew tried to setup shop like this, they'd get shut down pretty quickly by security.

As far as I know, anything done for commercial purposes has to get a permit through CCI, but I don't think they have an "official" crew that really does much other than basic setups for archival purposes. If they are blocking off a sizable portion of space on the floor without officers telling them to leave, they may have paid CCI for a filming permit.

The majority of these people are freelance photographers with a blog or website. Sometimes they have Press badges, but no legitimate press is going to walk around with that kind of setup or dickery, and they certainly wouldn't be spending the whole day doing it. A thing in photography is that there are a lot of people with a lot of equipment that like to flaunt how much equipment and power they have while not actually having any relevance whatsoever.

Basically, they get away with it because no one bothers telling them "no" aside from maybe a fire marshal if they are really blocking things up too much.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

New Leaf posted:

Wow, she's even a better looking version of Billie Piper.

Can't hear an accent through pictures. 2/10 at most. :colbert:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Grey Fox posted:

Holy poo poo

More here and higher-res shots: http://cosplay.kotaku.com/batman-cosplay-is-out-of-control-1712955851

edit: oh, it looks like the gauntlet shoots fireballs, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDHQecAeJI

Why are you posting Arkham Knight screenshots in the cosplay thread? :confused:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

that Korra. Where was that Korra this entire SDCC when I was looking for one? :stare:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Incoming SDCC dump! Lot of really great stuff this year, though my friends and I were kind of surprised by the lack of variety from previous SDCCs. Still, the quality was there, and a lot of genderbending, which was pretty cool. This will be a huge post, but there was a ton of great stuff this year.

Probably my favorite of the con. She was great and made the mask herself:

I never got his name...

By far the best Jinx this year. She's got the expression down perfectly:

Chloe is always a sweetheart:

My roomies Beth (WW) and Mary (Canary) with probably the best PowerGirl I've seen in four years here:

360 days until next year. :sigh:

Axel Serenity has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Jul 13, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Bitter Mushroom posted:

why would a married man watch a show for children?

Korra owns and was a ridiculously adult/progressive cartoon for what it was, which was why Nick axed it from the panel to send it to online-only.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RedneckwithGuns posted:

MOBA's and people that dress up like characters from them make me feel like grampa Simpson

"Oh you're one of those things from League of DOTA or something..........solo mid or jungler I don't fuckin' know anymore"

That's (a really loving good) Jinx. She's probably one of the most popular MOBA cosplays because she's essentially Harley Quinn with a shark gun.

Of course, how you feel about MOBAs is how I feel about most Homestuck/Anime cosaplay. "Oh you have pink hair and some bigass weapon you must be something famous."

Not to say they don't all do impressive jobs, but drat there are a lot of fandoms out there now. It's so hard to keep track of what's what.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Why are you posting a picture of Emilia Clarke? :confused:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Mayostard posted:

Perhaps, but most people would just let it go.

I don't think it bothers anyone anyway.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yeah, Ladybeard owns. Here's an interview where he's out of character and is a cool loving Aussie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5UBEsyA_J4

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Oh hey Yatta!

say do you guys remember Fiesta Cat?!?!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
WonderCon dump? WonderCon dump.

Lot more in the gallery if you click the images, but I'll limit it to 15 since I dunno what people consider overload. Way too much awesome poo poo this year.

This Phasma loving owned

Had a really hard time choosing between my favorite kids cosplay this year. Both of these were definite contenders

Dude, Matt loving suuucks

My favorite couple this year, by far

Mark Hamill cosplaying as a congoer cosplaying as Mark Hamill

These guys were great. Mabel's braces were a whole mouthpiece, and they handed out Easter eggs with a cypher message inside!

ONE PUUUUUNCH!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I don't even think it's that they've perfected the crazy eyes so much as it is the contacts.

Whoever is selling those Jinx iris sets is making loving bank right now.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Cosplayer: Tasha (SPCATS).

:stare: holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Actually, looking through the page, it looks like she was the hired model to introduce Tracer for HotS at the regionals recently? If so, that makes a lot of sense and means yes, she got paid for it. Still awesome.

But, yeah, I've never been a fan of photoshopped poses, but that's the photojournalist in me. Still one of the best Tracers yet. Her and Soe should duke it out for the top spot.

• Locked thread