Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

Funhilde posted:

Finn from Adventure time.

I was going to say Shoko from Adventure Time would be perfect, if she doesn't want to crossplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I once saw a costume of someone clipping through various objects (complete with huge untextured polygons), and now I'm looking for some examples of famous glitches/bugs being cosplayed. Anyone happen to know of any?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I couldn't help but notice everyone's focusing on Shore Leave, and.. erm... ignoring the Grand Inquisitor.

It must be a massive pain in the rear end to reload two one-hand crossbows every time, so you'd better kill whatever you're aiming at.

\/\/\/"Okay, leather jerkin? Check. Needle? Check. Literally being Maisie Williams? Check."

sticklefifer has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Jul 14, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Every Johnny Depp

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't see anything from Cry Baby either.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DoctorWhat posted:

Of course the coat is loaded. The whole incarnation of the Doctor is loaded. I endeavor to represent the more positive qualities of Ol' Sixie, without ignoring or defending the - make no mistake - MASSIVE loving BAGGAGE the character carries.

It's also rather silly since further incarnations are still the same mind, so by default any Doctor past Six is also a woman choker with a new body. David Tennant played a former woman choker. Don't tell Tumblr. :ssh:

On another note, here's a surprisingly good interpretation of Mint-Berry Crunch.

Stapled-together construction paper is a nice (and I have to believe intentional) touch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

According to this thread's logic, this girl wants to kill herself. :spergin:

Lance Streetman posted:

Yeah see that excuse goes out the window when Germany's problems with racism also largely stem from the mockery and dehumanization of black people. Just because a bunch of white guys say "it's not as offensive over here" doesn't make it true.

To be fair, Germany has never historically had problems with racism. One might say they've really mastered race.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Since Kratos's weapons are usually depicted as being on fire and he swings them on chains around his head, has anyone ever seen a poi-spinning Kratos cosplayer? I can't be the only one who's thought of it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pitlo posted:

I googled "predator alphabet" and that seems like something the cosplayer made up. The double vertical lines at the top of a few letters (fourth on top, third on bottom) don't show up on the couple things I saw.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_language

It's really disappointing that the Predator language is just a 1:1 cipher for the English alphabet. :(

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wouldn't be totally surprised if someone did that, given stuff like this:

:v:

Technically anyone who does accurate Kratos skin tone is also cosplaying as his dead wife and daughter.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So I was looking for Don't Hug Me I'm Scared cosplay, and in a Google image search I realized there are people who want to do it accurately...

...and a whole bunch of weird anthropomorphic fanart versions of the characters...

...which people seem to cosplay more often than the accurate ones:

:stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kudos for book-accurate violet eyes. Needs silver hair to complete the look though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Locator posted:

Instead of getting back to the main story line and writing book 6, he's apparently decided that writing side-line/other stories is more fun or something, because in October of this year the book "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" comes out. Initially I thought it was book 6, and I was happy, but then I actually looked at it, and it's set 100 years before the current story line. Even better, it's the first of THREE prequels.

Dear George. gently caress you, finish the first story before writing a trilogy of prequels you lazy bastard.

Neil Gaiman says shut up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
drat, that is a dead-on perfect White Squarehead Family. Points for accurate body type too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy balls.

http://i.imgur.com/sfThk92.gifv (wait for it...)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
This thread has no dick.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cornholio with ab definition is creeping me out for some reason.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's some people cosplaying as cute men

I really hope that costume also has an extra pair of slightly bigger glasses, and a tiny spray bottle for a hot ear.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Boomerjinks posted:

I'm flying to New York tomorrow. I'll be joining the owner of this car as we spend 5 days driving around Manhattan. Stay tuned for insanity.

You drat well better get a picture parked in front of this address.

https://goo.gl/maps/QUoAFHVVVSL2

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ruzihm posted:

Targaryens have purple eyes in the books.

I find it odd that she went to the effort of putting in purple contacts for book accuracy, but didn't go for silver hair too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Erebus posted:

Yeah, even as a kid it was hard to tell what the appeal of the prize was, especially knowing they'd take the lights off it. Congrats, it's a lovely matte sedan.

Clearly what you really wanted to be was this kid :krad:

I remember the Nintendo Power contest where the grand prize was hanging out with C-level hair metal band Trixter.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gang Beasts cosplay:

I really hope these people just ran around tugging at each other and giggling all day.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

davidspackage posted:

Feels like this is missing some Mac & Me cosplay and a steep hill.

And a disappointed Conan.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Your problem with those pictures should not be that she's a female human with breasts, but that she doesn't have a fully functional mech.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"I wish they'd nerf this gun that's being pointed at me just off camera."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I feel like I'd run up and punch him just on principle. Don't you laugh at me you piece of poo poo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That Junkrat nails the whole "cosplaying to body type" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Deformed Church posted:

Oh I forgot Peter Parker made his webbing and then just sprayed it.

I swear there was a spiderman incarnation where he actually just spewed it right from his wrists?

Didn't SM 2099 do that?

Really, I'm just looking for an incarnation of Spider-Man that shoots it out of actual spinnerets on his butt.

• Locked thread