Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bad Roy posted:

Who is the grinning man in the OP dressed as?

Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like this one because they did such a good job of capturing the whole floating aspect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That costume looks like it could also be easily modified into President Business.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He'd probably be a little more recognizable if his shirt was open more to show the tattoo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Why is she covered in ballpit balls?

There's this whole ballpit thing about Dashcon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Karin Olava, a Norwegian cosplayer who puts a lot of crazy effort into her stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She shaved her head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I got a laugh out of this gender bent Handsome Jack.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's the context on that one for those of us who have no idea what you're talking about?

He's cosplaying as James Holmes, the guy who shot up a theater in 2012. It's not very funny or even clever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hremsfeld posted:

League-playing friends say that's Orianna.

That's the common answer to a well done character that you don't recognize, it's probably a League of Legends cosplay.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tollymain posted:

i think you fail to understand the meaning of chill

That looks like its about halfway to a Bender costume.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead tv show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel comics character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AFAIK he's just one of those extreme body mod people. Like the nose thing is something he willingly had done to himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

Barrowman is getting in there with that hug.

Barrowman knows what he likes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course he did it right next to the sign that says "don't touch the actors."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

The result can be surprisingly realistic.

Well, it probably looks less realistic in motion versus a still image.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The guy who they used for Archer's photo reference should go to a convention and blow everyone's minds.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Can we just forget that was ever made? Her cosplay is helping.

I believe they've said the remake is going to tie in somehow to the new Bruce Campbell lead TV show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Small girl: "Wait... what?"

This is just something he does, he also went as Spider-Man one year. Apparently he likes doing it so he can actually walk around a con without being swamped.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jamesman posted:

We need some Overlord/minions cosplay. Those games were too beautiful for this world.

They're making another one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Is that Katy Perry and Linda Cardellini?

The other person is Shannon Woodward, she played Sabrina on the TV show Raising Hope.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Madmarker posted:

This was easily one of my favorite cosplay pictures from Animazement. Not the best quality, but still

Got to love Ezio on the window.

That seems like a good way to get kicked out of the convention.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lord Frisk posted:

What's this lame joke that I dont care to get? If no one explains it, I will assume you're all losers.

Its someone cosplaying the main character from the game Octodad, where you play as an octopus wearing a suit and nobody recognizes that he's an octopus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr E posted:

Also colored contacts are annoying as hell to wear and I can't imagine they would be fun to wear every day for shoots. Maybe something added post would work.

Clancy Brown has said that the all black contacts he had to wear in Carnivale were just awful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

What the hell is this? :psyduck:

A FunnyorDie video.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new Ms Marvel, Kamala Khan, is a shapeshifter and she frequently fights bad guys by punching them with a big fist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Klaus88 posted:

This is a superb Lana Kane cosplay. :golfclap:

TRUCKASAURUS!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's the real question; Is this before or after he's had his spinach? :ohdear:

Dog doesn't have an eyepatch, 2/10. Also he looks like he'd also be a spot-on Snake Plissken.

If you have max bond you can give him a fake eye.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Related, I remember an old issue of Nintendo power when I was a kid had Robocop's police car as the prize (it was probably the most bonkers thing they gave away that I ever saw) and they had to put a big disclaimer on the contest rules that for legal reasons they had to take the lights off it.

The kid who won it really got screwed because what he actually won was just a beat up couple year old gray Taurus.

Kind of off topic but old Nintendo Power contests ended up being sucky a surprising number of times. Like win a walk on role in The Mask 2 (which was never made) or win a trip to the World Series (the year of the baseball strike so there was no World Series.) Yes, I know Son of Mask is a thing that exists but this contest ran in the 90s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

chaos rhames posted:

Do you ever feel like you know a guy from just his shadow?

Messing these up in the mirror is a Roast Beef topper.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

davidspackage posted:

Is the last one from Junji Ito too? Never seen it before, I'm curious what it's from.

Pretty sure they're all Ito.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe he's getting a diorama thing with Finn.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cosplay from 1977

Whoops!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I'd take the modern Iron Man aesthetic over the retro look every time because there is one thing that absolutely bugs me every single time I look at the retro design -- there are no joints at the elbows and knees. The arms and legs are always drawn fluid, which never made sense. He can't bend his goddamn limbs! Aaaaaah

The early Iron Man suit isn't all metal plates (with the exception of the Mark I.) The arms and legs are more metallic cloth kind of like chainmail.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chris Evans seems really into it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kalstrams posted:

What is this from?

If it's Yaya Han or Jessica Nigri in a costume you don't recognize it's most likely from League of Legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This guy's body is freaking me out. His torso looks way too long.

• Locked thread