Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pre-ordered, hype as gently caress to play this tonight when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jumping on the OST wagon. The full veresion of We All Become is so great.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Managed to play for an hour this morning before I had to get on with some work. But mixing the abilities is great fun to experiment with.

I picked up the (1hr in ability spoiler?)Charm when it came up and this thing is pretty great for combat. Jaunt is super useful too. What fun abilities and combos have people spotted?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Kind of wish I'd picked Void(?) instead of the AOE nuke. :(

Holy crap though to Haircuts hit like freight trains, like what the gently caress.

What combos do people like using Breach() with? It's one of the abilities I've liked but I can't figure out what works well on it to the point I'm satisfied. Do you guys use it as a primary, or secondary? same for Crash().

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Veev posted:

Jaunt+Purge+Flood makes you spit out like 6 purges when you jaunt for some reason and wipes out any small enemies there are, and really helps with haircuts.
Yeah this is a combo I settled with after opting to drop Switch from Jaunt. Thanks for the tips but I figured it out. I dropped Ping from one of my upgrades to a primary to help deal with them quickly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cardboard Fox posted:

Just got the plat for this game and thought it was really well made. As always Super Giant Games make a great setting, with terrific voice acting. The combat is interesting, but falls short when you realize a single function combo breaks the entire game. Void + Cull one shots everything in the game, including ng+, challenges, and even limiters. While the functions give you a ton of choices, it's hard to compete with the shear overpowered nature of Void.
Void was the last ability I actually unlocked and I agree on how bonkers it seems. I didn't get much chance to play around with it as I literally completed the game about 10 minutes ago. I booted up a NG+ ready for when I go back to it in a week or so to finish up for 100% completion.

Really enjoyed Transistor, I can see why some people didn't like the ending which is fair.

As everyone else has said, the art direction, soundtrack and voice acting are all brilliant in this game and it routinely floored me on that side of life. The combat system is really open to play around with and I never quite found a set of abilities I really settled on from start to finish, especially with how much it encourages you to try mixing abilities.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The one thing I didn't quite understand on hindsight. If the Process essentially deletes/wipes people from Cloudbank, what happened to Sybil? Was it because she wasn't fully processed yet? How come she had a form to fight?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ditocoaf posted:

Different things seemed to happen to people, depending on circumstance. Some important people just got sucked into the transistor. Red got winged by that, so lost one "element" of herself, her voice. The vast majority of the population just got straight-up killed by lasers, leaving behind an essence/backup we could grab with the transistor.

The administrator guy seemed to have been tainted by the process somehow, or he became too linked to the Transistor to live without it, and was slowly dying? Sybil's case might be something similar, she was corrupted by the process it somehow, so when they lost control of it that problem was compounded (as opposed to the Creeps just turning and killing her). Sybil and the administrator guy (I wish I remembered his name) were at Ground Zero of their plan going wrong, so it makes sense that they might have some unique glitches.

Good replies guys, gives me food for thought. I know it's not for everyone when the games vague in some ways, but it's what I love about it. Especially the ending.

Great game, I think I may do another Bastion run as I only played it the once before doing NG+ on this.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

From the way Asher sends messages, I thought it was a bit of a telling even before it showed them with the same surnames. Especially so with their suicides. It's a small thing but also a nice touch from the developers. Although I'm not sure nice is the right word.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fangz posted:

The process doesn't wipe or delete people, it turns them into more process. This is implied by Breach commenting on what the white blocks are, whether they are things, plants, animals, or ??? And the white blocks are just a more inert type of the process. Sybil was probably on her way to becoming a Younglady or something.
Good call, I hadn't thought of it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They're in the first playthrough too. I never quite got what they were at first but playing through NG+ makes it feel like it's definitely Red going through the Rucursion.

• Locked thread