Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SpazmasterX posted:

One should point out that most deployments are voluntary

Yeah I don't know where this came from at all. Although it doesn't change the fact that people who parrot "ARE TROOPS are so poorly paid" are idiots and military service actually pays very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wow, she's going off the deep end (or maybe she was already there). "Selfish" and "attention seeking" are gender biased? Hahahaha.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FrozenVent posted:

How the gently caress are selfish and attention-seeking gendered?

I'm guessing they are gendered because she is being called them.

Anyway, she's the girl who was calling for the Colbert Report to be shut down over that "ching wong ding dong" or whatever joke that was satirizing the Redskins controversy. She also told a Huffington Post reporter that he's basically not allowed to have opinions of race/gender because he's a white man.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 18:19 on May 9, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Perry Normal posted:

I have to break from tradition here and share a story of smart social media. You know those related links that pop up when you open a Facebook link now? Generally I find myself annoyed by them, but I have to give them credit.

Someone in my feed liked that article that we discussed before (I think in the last version of the thread) about how many perpetrators of mass shootings were on or had been on psychiatric drugs. I was blown away to find this as the top related link. Bravo, Facebook.

Maybe the Social Medias are smarter than we realize? Makes u think....

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

"living wage" (an outrageous concept to begin with)

Holy poo poo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

This is a stupid argument to try to make, just on the "dog bites man" principle alone. Why are most political cartoonists so goddamn bad at their jobs?

Well, riling up stupid people has a lot more to do with their job description than accurately portraying issues. So I'd say this one probably did pretty good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Your mother is a pet chiuahua.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I think this image from the OSHA.jpg thread makes for an appropriate crosspost.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

kazil posted:

"Men and women are paid equally."

Source: Adults

Also White Privilege doesn't exist

Source: Me

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Excels posted:

Africa? You mean like the place from The Lion King??

No you idiot that's a jungle. Jungles are from South America.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Monster energy drink is satanic because if you drink like eight of them you could die (and then Satan gets your soul).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FrumpleOrz posted:

HOLY poo poo THIS IS THE DUMBEST ARGUMENT EVER.

Idiots on Something Awful Media.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"is there an equivalent term for a male friend who turns down a close female friend?"

Uh... yeah. It's called the "friend zone". I'm not sure why he/she thinks that term only works one way.

I've been on both ends of it myself, and I would still call it the friend zone in both instances whether I was getting zoned or doing the zoning.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Segmentation Fault posted:

Reminds me of this. Xbox Live is a social medium!

Zone: Family

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh no my stupid comic about a man with a hammer is now a stupid comic about a woman with a hammer.

What shall I do?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Nibbles141 posted:

Do US states not have emission standards for vehicles. If people did that here (Australia) you'd get reported pretty quick and your vehicle classed un-roadworthy.

Varies from place to place. But basically there a lot of, uh, let's say "traditional" places in the country where such a thing is probably legal.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

From The Mind Unleashed, of course.

E.T. is loving stoned, holy poo poo.

Literally the plot of a South Park episode.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The incompetence of the VA is rather funny when you consider that the VA itself is staffed exclusively by veterans.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If Brits didn't want Poles emmigrating to the UK then maybe they should have invested in Eastern Poland.

makes u think...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Retail Slave posted:

To be fair, that is in pretty poor taste.

Oh come on. The building isn't even close to tower shaped and it's just a generic explosion. The visual connection is so vague that I think it's being overly sensitive to find it wrong.

I mean, it's like if a movie poster showed a boat sinking with the date December 7th (Pearl Harbor). Except the boat doesn't remotely resemble an American warship and it's not being attacked by a plane. You'd sound ridiculous if you tried to draw the connection.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
TRIGGER WARNING: 9/11 IMAGERY

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Excels posted:

who asked for this. who would ever

Does the chair actually have those qualities? Like does it actually feel and smell like flesh? It's straight up surreal to think about coming home and plopping down on a giant flesh heap. What the hell.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Jul 30, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FrozenVent posted:

Isn't "trust, but verify" or "trust but check" usually attributed to Stalin as well?

Would a Reagan fan ever let "facts" sway their beliefs?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Palisader posted:

Anyway, she has stopped using Facebook entirely as of two weeks ago. Why? Because 'they' are watching certain people, including her, on Facebook, mining your page for information to use against you. A different 'they' was going to make a different social networking site that you could post on without fear of your information being used by 'them'!

She's probably talking about Reaganbook.

Also, "I asked her if it was purple drank and she stared at me in horror". Gold.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Aug 4, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Palisader, your grandmother uses Reaganbook.

This is the NSA.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Retweeted by teamrape.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Free" promotion.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Atmus posted:

I don't see any shield there, either.

Through the right-side window, hanging on the wall above the desk.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Yes my gun-shaped object carved from the same wood used to make board game pieces is fully loaded!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Crain posted:

On the off chance they do head to Iraq they'll be on a military base hidden away from anyone and anything they could piss off.

I'm pretty sure a military base would be chock full of people pissed off at them given they've had their protests at a bunch of soldier's funerals.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wendell posted:

It's funny to imagine the thought process of people who are seriously sharing Moneyface. How do they figure Moneyface "happened"? Do they imagine it appearing in the sky, puking up cash?

Why do you assume that anyone is sharing it "seriously"? I'd be surprised if any of them are.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Coca Koala posted:

Yep. This avoids the otherwise plausible scenario of a family watching the evening news and discovering that their son or daughter, who they thought was just out with friends and late for dinner, has been killed in a traffic accident. It would be a horrible way to discover a family tragedy, and so news agencies don't do it.

Usually on broadcasts, they'll say something like "Names are being withheld until the police can notify the victim's family".

News agencies will withhold the names of the recently deceased out of respect, but if a celebrity croaks you can bet your bottom dollar that house will be surrounded by cameramen and helicopters for weeks despite the wishes of the family for peace and quiet.

News is a strange business.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I dislike Anita Sarkeesian even though I support her general message of equality for women in gaming, because I think a lot of her specific analysis is flawed and she's just generally too sensationalist. I do not wish for her to be raped or killed.

This is a controversial opinion.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I knew a kid in middle school who was was seriously allergic to tomatoes. Exposure to tomatoes or tomato products would put him in the hospital.

The school didn't ban pizza.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

But that wouldn't work at all. The dipshits and assholes would blame women even further because someone they hate took away something they liked. It would just exacerbate the problem.

e:beaten

This.

The "take Steam down for an hour to punish misogyny" idea is retarded. Not because we just can't live without VIDJA GAMES for an hour but because it won't loving do anything to help. You live in a different world if you think that punitively taking away people's access to online services will make them less angry instead of more, and that's ignoring the fact that 99% of the Steam user base has no relation to the issue at hand. The best case scenario is that a bunch of people are upset they couldn't play a game and nothing at all changes. The likely scenario is it stirs up even more resentment and pushes the trolls to be even more brazen, or it does their recruitment for them.

It's a stupid idea.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dear France,

Please accept my student visa. Pepé Le Pew was my favorite cartoon as a kid.

Thank you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I was in the Army and I couldn't wait to get the gently caress out. I hated it. And yet if I was facing homelessness I would go back to it before becoming a wage slave in fast food. The pay is better, the benefits are better, it's less work for the income, and in an amazing display of irony you get treated like a hero instead of leech on society.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
For real though nobody cares to see the poo poo other people ate for dinner.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's a bunch of people from various groups arguing and fighting over the stupidest goddamn thing that ever had "-gate" applied to it, which is a tall order.

I feel confident that Fox News must have applied -gate to something even stupider at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
1) #gamersgate fanatics are terrible misogynists

2) Zoe Quinn and pals are generically deplorable idiots

I have just provided comprehensive coverage of both sides of this hot issue.

• Locked thread