Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

bean_shadow posted:

How is the fact that someone doesn't find your constant rants against Monsanto interesting count as censorship on the part of Facebook? Speech suppression?

Because disagreeing with somebody is violating their First Amendment rights! Don't you know? Freedom of speech means I can say whatever I want with no consequences whatsoever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I have three A's in my name. Guess that means I'm triple as beautiful and intelligent and I'll live to 100+, haha gently caress all y'all :smug:

I have four. But I'm a guy. What does that mean for me?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

blaarghh posted:

Posted by a guy who dresses like poo poo, is very fat and hasn't had a girlfriend or even a date in all the years I've known him. I'm sure he's had to turn down LOADS of girls for not being 'classy' enough for him.

Normally I'm desensitised to this poo poo, but this one is just so smarmy and condescending I had to post it.

The gently caress is wrong with piercings and tattoos?

Saint Drogo posted:

Youtube comments are a lazy source, but drat.

Holy insecurity, Batman.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

FrozenVent posted:

To be honest, if a political movement sprung up that involved naked women encouraging people to "gently caress FrozenVent", I'd give them the thumbs up too.

It literally means "go to the cock, Putin".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I only have one nasty grandparent and we talk all of three times a year and she sends me money on my birthdays, so it's not a bad arrangement. My other grandma is the Platonic ideal of the adorable old lady.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Someone linked me to this, it was just too mindblowing not to share.

10:1 odds anonymous here is white as the driven snow.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Moatman posted:

... I don't get it.

Advertising. Like those stupid loving "press a button and then comment/like/share and SEE WHAT HAPPENS" ones. They put something up knowing morons will like/comment/share it in droves, then change the name and sell it to an ad agency. Bam. Facebook page pre-loaded with a gazillion likes.

e: Of course the idea has probably taken on a life of its own now and is being posted by morons for giggles.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

As somebody who was a kid with special needs, gently caress that bullshit, how 'bout just treating us like people. Acknowledge that there are some things we can't do, sure, but all that post is doing is puffing up the person who posted it for having a "strong enough heart" to recognize that disabled people are people too.

It's "look at me, look how progressive I am".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Isn't that Karla Homolka's ex-husband? The couple that raped and murdered their way around Canada, starting with Karla's little sister? The couple about whom a movie so terrible was made that the actors felt abused and traumatized and had to get a restraining order against the director because he clearly got off on the whole thing? So bad that the star, Misha Collins, personally apologized to Bernardo's only surviving victim when the film came out, and urges people not to see it whenever the subject comes up?

Christ.

Who's the idiot? The woman marrying the bastard?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

belt posted:

My cousin posted this.

This is a world where condensed milk and flavored syrup are counted as 2 ingredients.

Flavor syrup is just flavored high-fructose corn syrup, which the :byodood: :derp: OMG CHEMICALS :derp: :byodood: crowd tends to frown upon.

poo poo's not poison, it's just really cheap sugar. So seeing it as an ingredient is a pretty solid guarantee that you're eating cheap poo poo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is from the comment section of the video for Sarah McLachlan's song "Building A Mystery".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh boy, is it time again to bring up a bunch of false equivalency bullshit comparing how liberals treated Bush and conservatives treat Obama?

My favorite is that the assholes spewing the usual racist garbage about Obama are the very same ones who would tell anyone criticizing Bush 6+ years ago that they should respect the office of the President even if they didn't like the man himself.

Where's that respect now, you stupid jackholes?

I saw an actual "IMPEACH O'BUMMER" sign hanging from an overpass on the highway, with the apostrophe and everything, last week. Were people this boldly stupid in public before they had widespread internet echo chambers to reinforce their idiotic beliefs?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah maybe don't punish the rest of the world for the actions of a few shitheads.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Plom Bar posted:

Actually I'm making fun of people whose instant reaction to the thought of not being able to play with their toys for a whole hour was "WHOA WHOA WHOA let's not punish EVERYBODY here"

It's a dumb plan but the reaction was even dumber.

It's not :qq: my bideojames :qq: it's more like "holy poo poo way to loving overreact, dude".

Speaking of social media, why is that picture of Scot Mendelson with a torn pectoral muscle from last year suddenly on the front page of imgur?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

imgur seriously is the most racist and sexist community outside of reddit. Make a post arguing that Anita Sarkeesian deserves the harassment and daily rape/death threats because of her opinions? Instant upvotes.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Not gonna lie, nail polish that changes color to reflect the wearer's BAC would be pretty awesome for everybody and for more than just preventing date rape. Slap some on a finger before you go out and know when you need to call it a night. Or if you don't, have a nice colorful sign to everybody else that you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

A nice colorful banner for predators looking for a drunk chick to take advantage of.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Higgy posted:

I don't think they're even trying anymore.

oh no the president as a young man hung out with other young men!

Is there some context I'm missing or is it "this man looks like an Arab and is with the President years before he was even in politics"?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"brown/hazel" excuse me, idiot fucker, hazel and brown are not the same color. :mad:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Don Gato posted:

Everyone knows you have to shoot them with square bullets, to show them the benefits of Christian civilization and prevent them from coming back during Judgement Day.

I guess the idea of killing the hell out of people as a method of converting them to your way of life is not a recent one.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Excels posted:

someone made a freedom of information act request for anita's police reports about the "death threats", and they don't exist. i don't know if that proves she faked the threats for attention but at the least it proves she never contacted any authorities about it despite saying she did.

Why don't you go whine to reddit about it?

The FOIA applies specifically to the executive branch of the federal government. Guess what police reports don't fall under? And before you say "well, the FBI is under the DOJ which is an executive agency", well, that's true, and the Act has a specific exemption for information compiled for law enforcement purposes, which does not have to be disclosed given certain provisions, including that "the production of such law enforcement records or information ... could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy". I think the entire harassment campaign against Anita falls under that particular clause.

e: Police reports may or may not be available to the public depending on jurisdiction and status of investigation, and in any case they're not gonna just give the records to any schlub who walks in off the street. Normally the names of people involved in an ongoing investigation are not just handed out freely by the police. Anyway this is loving pathetic and a FOIA request is exactly the kind of stupid poo poo a "thinks he's smarter than he actually is" reddit dweeb would think was necessary to find one.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Sep 12, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Every single loving noun phrase in that quote makes me angry.

e: I clicked around her site a bit and she seems like she's not completely loving bonkers like the various perverts on tumblr but holy poo poo that is the most awkward introductory paragraph to anything ever.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Oct 1, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

On the plus side one of my buddies actually works in the industry and he and his coworkers are all really supportive and want more diversity :unsmith:

This is also the case with a buddy of mine in the industry, whose boss is actually a (gasp) woman.

I honestly thought the howling sexist morons had pretty much definitively lost when it came out that the entire thing was a smear/harassment campaign co-planned by some 4chan babymen and a bitter, crazy ex-boyfriend of Zoe Quinn's.

But I still see idiots on all manner of social media who believe every ridiculous claim about her because she's one of those dreaded sex-having females.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Basically what this all boils down to is that internet babymen really, really hate women, presumably because none will ever touch them because they don't like immature boys with repellent personalities they're misandrists.

:mrapig:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dijon du jour posted:

Because there are no identifiers as to who she's referring to I'm going to choose to believe she's talking about her kid and this is why CPS gave her children away to gay people.

It's pretty clear she's talking about a dog, what with the other commenter mentioning "two dogs" and her own mention of "vets" and "animal services".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Loving "Цолин Кауффман" there who is clearly some douche who tried to write his name in Cyrillic letters because he thinks it looks cool. It's supposed to say Colin Kauffman, but he's obviously using a QWERTY-based Russian keyboard layout designed for people learning the language, where the C key gets you Ц, which is a TS sound. Nice job, Tsolin.

Also, there's no hard C in Russian. The Cyrillic С is an S. Colin would be written as Колин (Kolin).

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

You really shouldn't have any voiceovers for a thing advertising a horror game. Just a dark, atmospheric video that takes you into the environment and shows you what it's like.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This is actually pretty hilarious and those are all good components.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SybilVimes posted:

America already has sharia law, it's called arbitration. Sharia law is just arbitration by the local 'holy man'.

Get outta here with your "reason" and "facts", everyone knows Sharia law means women in burqas and mandatory conversion to Islam*.

* This is probably without exaggeration exactly what these lunatics believe.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

Like a mooncup or something else?

No, like a washable tampon. I'm so sorry.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RFC2324 posted:

Maybe, but it does derail this thread regularly. I want to want idiots who AREN'T posting on this forum when I come to this thread!

Content:

I don't have many idiots on my FB, so this is the best I could find on short notice.

Yeah, that's pretty idiotic. Missing the whole point that "I don't care if you're trans but this is just a man dressed as a woman" precisely is caring that somebody's trans and not accepting that it's a real thing.

A+ creepy find.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah, what Practical Demon said. I can vouch for it directly since I've worked Thanksgiving a lot longer back than two years. The sales, though, is a different thing. But Practical Demon is also right, most of the people who work retail are pretty fine with grabbing the shift. The few people who care about having the day off usually get it pretty easy, and everybody else gets some extra time. It used to be (and this could have changed) that you'd get time and a half for working holidays too, so you'd typically make a bit extra over your normal wages for the trouble.

Where I work we still get time and a half for Sundays and holidays.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why does it have to be in hex? Couldn't you just use like, #purpleforbecca and not look like an insufferable dweeb?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RareAcumen posted:

This is what my mom believes on cancer so it's great seeing good arguments against it. It's still sad that she doesn't think that they'd come out with a cure for a cancer if they had it because of Big Pharma wanting to keep making money.

But I'm starting to think she might be going a little dumb about doctors in general now. She's got Fibromyalgia and recently went to an acupuncturist. Is acupuncture an actual legitimate thing? It hasn't been really helpful the last times she went either.

It's been studied and most experiments have found insufficient evidence that acupuncture provides anything more than a short-lived placebo effect. Any evidence suggesting it is better than sham acupuncture (basically "fake" acupuncture used as a placebo/control in testing) is inconsistent at best.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Baudolino posted:

I watched that show. I don`t like it one bit, it`s very purpose is to undermine free speech. I for one enjoy living in a democracy which can only survive if people have a safe space to say whatever they want, i would hate to see well-meaning fuckheads enforce self-censorship because that will be the beginning of the end for western democracy.
The ability to say things anonumsly online is a great gift, it has made the world in to a better place. Do you really want to lose all of that just because some people say hurtful and somewhat evil things? Cause today the people who get to point fingers are people you agree with, tomorrow it migth be the other way around. It might be you will be painted as a stupid troll tomorrow, think about that for a moment.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you are free to say whatever you want with complete impunity and suffer no criticism or consequences, it just means the government can't restrict your speech or arrest you for saying something.

Also, self-censorship means thinking before you say something stupid. It's clear you don't believe in that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

How do you cut your finger lifting weights, and furthermore how would going to a CrossFit gym prevent that?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Heavy metal objects can gently caress you up in all sorts of ways. He's lucky that a spur on the bar or whatever cut his finger as opposed to breaking his goddamn spine, the way Crossfit works.

A properly made bar shouldn't have sharp spurs on it because they're supposed to be precision machined, not hammered together by a lumpy hobgoblin who sells them out of the back of an unmarked van.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gimnbo posted:

What actually is the difference between a Crossfit gym and a non-Crossfit gym?

A couple hundred dollars a month and a really stupid cavalier attitude towards injury, safety, and proper form.

And a really obnoxious cult-like atmosphere. It's basically the Scientology of fitness: expensive, stupid, and dangerous.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Crain posted:

:stare: I'm sorry what?

Basically overexerting yourself to the point that your muscles literally loving explode just means you're a total beast.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Someone asked the CrossFitter how they managed to cut themselves while doing a lift:

:stare:

Never would've happened at a CrossFit gym, because at CrossFit gyms we squat out in the open with no safeties OORAH no chance for me to be stupid when the bar snaps my neck and paralyzes me for life!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Eh, it's less a scam and more a club where old people pay to meet up and do crosswords once a month.

It's the fedora of clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Otana posted:

The worst is all the junk mail, I swear I was throwing away at least ten of those "my opponent is a communist/kills kittens/forgot :911:" cards a day. My favorite was one calling out our incumbent Assemblymember on supporting/not supporting a particular controversial issue... followed by a rebuttal card pointing out that he wasn't even in office then. It's like high school gossiping, I swear.

I kept getting ones from this loving fiscal something-or-other of Massachusetts that claimed to be a non-partisan, non-profit think tank or some bullshit, covered front-to-back in far-right talking points like Candidate X wants to take healthcare away from ARE VETERANS and give it to ILLEGALS and Candidate Y is responsible for something tax-related that sounds bad and frightening! Did some googling, turns out it's a Tea Party front. :laugh:

My dad won't stop posting loving Bitstrips to the point where I no longer have him on my feed because it's just so goddamn dumb.

• Locked thread