Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Fiend Computer posted:

Family friend shared this. She is also someone who is getting a liberal arts degree and constantly shares a lot of conservative "we should drug test people on welfare" or "we need to keep our the minimum wage low because gently caress the poor!" kind of stuff. It makes me feel really disappointed. :(

As a non-US citizen, I knew it was bullshit, but I figured it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how bullshit.

http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/total-compensation.html

quote:

The Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that the average active duty service member receives an Army benefits and pay compensation package worth $99,000. Noncash compensation represents almost 60 percent of this package. Noncash compensation includes health care, retirement pay, child care and free or subsidized food, housing and education. Coupled with regular cash compensation, this adds up to attractive military compensation for Soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

vaguely posted:

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

But it is required to be labeled Halal if it is Halal.....

But the rule of the meat industry is that you can always downgrade, so Halal meat can be downgraded to non-Halal meat simply by not marketing it as Halal

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
loving hell, the whole "I didn't choose to eat Muslim meat!" is hitting Australia, being someone who everyone knows works in meat production industry, every loving person is linking me poo poo.

I reply to every single one of them offering them a tour of my workplace where I'll happily explain to them, while they see both processes happen mind you, that the only difference between Halal and Non-Halal slaughter is that for Halal slaughter they use captive bolt gun with a fat head on it that knocks the animal out cold, and in Non-Halal slaughter they just change out the fat head for a skinny rod that pierces the skull and causes instant brain death.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

(namely stock farms do not have super healthy cows and live in cramped conditions, sanitation is poor, and that chance that you're drinking milk basically fresh from the udder is like 0)

As someone who's been to many a dairy farm, I just want to call you out on this bullshit. Farmers will do EVERYTHING to make the cows life as comfortable as absolutely possible for the simple fact that a comfortable cow gives more milk than a stressed cow.

Also sanitation is pretty high, again, these cows are their lively hood they want them to be healthy all the time, it's counter productive to have a non-sanitary environment for them.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Yeah how dare they oppose a barbaric habit of cutting up your kid's dick

uh, you know there are real medical conditions that require circumcision's to fix them right?

My cousin got an infection that required one back when we were both around 16/17, and I cannot express enough how glad I was to be in a position where I would never have that happen. He described the experience of getting an infection around there as being like getting punched in the dick ever 5 seconds.

Rudager has a new favorite as of 11:28 on Jul 3, 2014

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Voltin Bolt posted:

I thought I weeded all of Those Cousins out of my list a long time ago. Just saw this and couldn't keep my mouth shut, I'm Mike Roscope in this exchange. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR POOR PEOPLE TO WATCH HBO

I like how one of the arguments seems to be that people can just watch HBO shows on the internet for free and seem to completely forget that getting the internet itself is often as, or more, expensive than getting HBO.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

mng posted:

Some people are difficult to argue with and I didn't bother. Here's the single response, I'm Anna

I'll give them the shower, but I will bet :10bux: that they don't have 3 bricks in their toilet cistern.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
My feed is currently blowing up with "Say no to Halal meat!".

It's pretty hilarious because I work in the industry and all the people that have liked or posted a "Say no to Halal meat!" thing all work in Halal accredited meat works so they are directly benefiting from Halal meat.

It's the most :psyduck: thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
I don't know what everyone else here is basing their statements on, but if it's only from the one statement from Ben that says "56% of gays, OR GAYS WHO INJECT DRUGS have HIV", there's quite clearly a reason they lump regular gays and gays who are doing injectable drugs together like that, and it's not for good reasons.

EDIT: Don't they test all the blood regardless, if so, even if he his a dirty gay with the AIDS, it doesn't matter or cost anyone anything extra.

Rudager has a new favorite as of 10:52 on Nov 7, 2014

• Locked thread