Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What is there to study?

"Is bad and creepy. Got it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dear Prudence posted:

So loving stupid. Use patronus instead!

I want a tumblr thread again so badly, because I need more of this. Someone I know has jumped hard on the social justice train, and it's infuriating. Everyone in these circles is so hellbent on individuality via special snowflake labels. The Greendale Human Being is true to life, and that's really depressing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Whoa, dude, that's Old Testament. That doesn't matter! *quotes Leviticus*

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

velocityJE posted:

Who hasn't?

I've dealt with this, and it's annoying as hell.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Wizard of Smart posted:

Someone stop me oh my god I am arguing with an idiot and I cannot stop myself.

Maybe if you hadn't been shot in the leg when you got robbed, you'd be able to run that marathon. Sorry life dealt you a bad hand. Should've tried harder.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Finisher1 posted:

You're arguing with someone who honestly thinks that getting D's in high school means you "don't deserve" to earn a basic living wage.

Just walk away dude.

If you fail in high school, you fail in life. Shouldn't have smoked all that meth. Bring in the firing squad. We're having your family killed. This is what all of this sounds like to me. There's so much talk of being "anti-entitlement" and yet they all sound like self-entitled sociopaths.

Salt the goddamn earth.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

These puns are just pawful

It's a catastrophe, and we need to stop kitten around. It's getting a litter out of hand.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Let's just all wear tricorns.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kraps posted:

What do they mean by that response? Is it funny that Chase is responding to them? Did they realize what an imbecile they are and laughing at themselves? Or do they believe that Chase is being stupid? What is it??

The two debit cards they posted have different names on them, as they do not belong to the Twitter user and were probably taken from @NeedADebitCard. Chase responds to what it believes to be terrible practices, and said Twitter user laughs at the fact they took it seriously under the context.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That's it for me. I'm done with this kid.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Suzuki Method posted:

I've heard this in the comment section of every story on this. It's like they don't have basic reading comprehension.

The reason why he shot people is because of his deep-set hatred of women. The reason why people are bringing up misogyny is because that was the motive, not because of who specifically died.

He also managed to turn himself into a victim by pointing out that misandry is alive and well, because he was involved in an incident where his ex-girlfriend attacked him (the guy is not small and was on the coast guard or whatever), and while she was arrested, he ended up getting evicted from his apartment. He's been homeless (?) and living in a tent somewhere, I guess.

I am not joking when he used the hashtag to promote his GoFundMe to get money for his situation, despite having a full-time job that allowed him to attend an out-of-state anime convention one week ago.

I was tolerate of his idiotic views prior to this, but this was the last straw.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Segmentation Fault posted:

"Misandry" or not, he's still a victim

I agree 100%, but a tragedy of this nature is not the place to go "Yeah, but what about me!?"

vvvv
e: Misinterpreted you as well. Sorry about that!

Takoluka has a new favorite as of 18:50 on May 26, 2014

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^ His name is on the photos.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Doctor Chaxtical posted:

Posted this one on the SA Facebook group. Such a great argument right?

You're right. Disarm the military.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Homosexuality, up there with alcoholism and drug abuse.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I have no idea what this comment was referring to because nobody said to take her kids away either in the article or in the comments.
She revealed in the radio show she was interviewed on that her infamy has led to her ex-husband trying to get custody of the children. Which I am 100% in favor of. Sorry you're a lovely mom.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kinmik posted:

What does this even mean? :psyduck:

"Power in the Blood" is a hymnal.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Money is a hoax. Invest in Bitcoin.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'd like to see the science behind this.

Be completely emotionless, and you'll live forever.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tracula posted:

Idiots on Social Media: Swastika's DO have multiple meanings.

I mean, they do, but it's a terrible defense in this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

swampland posted:

I don't believe this for a second

I failed to get a gross anime loli PAGE taken down from Facebook THREE times before I gave up on social media altogether.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Elblanco posted:

I like how the gamer picture talks about having "many" lives but only shows various forms of guy who shoots things.

There are other kinds of games?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The comments in that are incredible.

"TV guy tells girl to kill herself. LIBERALLLLLLLSSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Great, another tipping derail

Just the tip.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is "retarded" really a derogatory slur now? I remember when it was being pushed away from describing people in favor of "mentally handicapped/challenge" or whatever was decided upon, but I don't remember it being considered derogatory and demeaning when used to describe the thoughtlessness and absurdity of a situation.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ThatPazuzu posted:

Yes. And it has been for a while.

Noted. I guess I really don't understand why, though.

Kajeesus posted:

Is "fag" really a derogatory slur now? I remember when it was being pushed away from describing people in favor of "gay/homosexual" or whatever was decided upon, but I don't remember it being considered derogatory and demeaning when used to describe the femininity and limp-wristedness of a situation.

I don't think that's really the same thing! And I wasn't even trying to argue the point. I just didn't really understand the situation.

e: Also, was "fag" ever not derogatory?

Takoluka has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Aug 6, 2014

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

dregan posted:

Fag's a cigarette, mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwLaSpAYFA

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

LoonShia posted:

I feel super-old. What the hell is a demisexual?

It's someone who is only sexually attracted to people they are romantically attracted to. This warranted a label.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Plom Bar posted:

Oh no not my vidjogames

Will the tyranny of the Matriarchy ever end?

Every time someone hates the president, you're not allowed to use your car for an hour.

OH NO NOT MY VEHICLES

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Plom Bar posted:

You're right, videogames are exactly as necessary as cars

The point is that you're essentially advocating temporary bans on things that you paid for with money and own, as dictated by the actions of other people.

Also, you can walk places. You just might have to leave early. Sorry you can't use a thing you bought.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Plom Bar posted:

Also, they can suspend your driver's license for failing to follow the rules of driving, regardless of how much you paid for your car.

Absolutely, but imagine if your license was suspended because someone else failed to follow the rules of driving.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Is this even slightly true, or "Just take my word for it"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SpaceViking posted:

Do you think that the Quran actually has a passage that says "anyone who is killed by a woman will go to hell"?

No, I don't think that's even a possibility. That's why I asked if it was "even slightly true". I'm wondering if there's some passage that can basically be ridiculously misconstrued to say that, kinda like how people go "LEVITICUS SAYS NO GAYS".

• Locked thread