Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

How is the fact that someone doesn't find your constant rants against Monsanto interesting count as censorship on the part of Facebook? Speech suppression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Dear Prudence posted:

Innocuous, but still dumb.

Similarly, this happened on my Facebook:

Some backstory: I've been reading the Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer for the first time, out of curiosity of how bad they really are (I did the same for the Clan of the Cave Bear books years ago). Occasionally I will make snarky comments about it, so the people on my Facebook know I've been reading the books. I've only seen the first movie, so I've never mentioned the movies at all.

Orange is a fan of the Twilight books and harbors some hope that I will turn around and like the books (I just misunderstand Edward, you see, and how the vampire world is). When she said "Whaaaaat?!" I thought she was surprised that the Twilight Zone was on; maybe thinking it was on TV or something. That's why I, in Red, replied the way I did about it being on Netflix. I was confused by her reply to that and it was only after a friend of mine told me that Orange had said to her that day, "bean_shadow is at home watching the Twilight movies! I knew she'd like them!" that I understood that she seriously thought I was watching the Twilight movies and not The Twilight Zone, which she apparently has never heard of (she's in her forties). I'm not sure what she thought the picture of Rod Serling meant, or what I meant when I said "Season One".

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

There's a guy I know from the AA Hall I go to (I know, anonymous) who is your typical HOORAH, Semper Fi Down With Obama stereotype (there are many at that hall, now that I think about it). He wears Marine shirts every day and brags about how humble he is with every speech he gives in AA. He was only in the Marines for a year and then went back to the Army, where he was stationed in South Korea and did nothing but party all the time. Anyway, here's a post of his last Christmas to start out with:

quote:

I was in Walmart yesterday to buy a few things. While in line, I let the two ladies behind me go ahead of me because they had very less items than I did. When I got to the lady at the register, she said I was a very nice man. After paying for my items she said, "I hope you have a Happy Holiday!" I told , "No I won't." she asked why? Told her I have planed for a "Very Merry Christmas!"

No Twin Towers in this picture, I'm saddened to announce.

"Me too!"

And his new daughter-in-law's name is, and I'm being serious, "Remington".

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Of all the D-Day photos to share today, she shares this one. The photo is right, nobody remembers D-Day. What with all the news reports and ceremonies involving major heads of state happening today.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

A friend and her family have been eating healthier and she's starting to turn it into a religion. Her step-daughter has severe behavioral problems from neglect and abuse from her biological mother, and this friend has been able to cut the girl's meds to half because eating healthier has improved her behavior. And that's great and all but now she's starting to post poo poo like this. All I replied with is "While eating a healthy diet is very important, it doesn't cure everything."

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Just your standard stupid eCard. Except it was shared by a girl I knew in elementary school who would steal money from kids and cheat at games.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Why is Michael Jackson there? I also like how Marilyn Monroe is in the same group as John and Bobby Kennedy.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Breaky posted:

To return to topic. Sorry for the buzzfeed link but it summarizes things nicely.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/no-internet-steven-spielberg-does-not-hunt-dinosaurs?bffb

Idiots thought that Spielberg posing with the Triceratops from Jurassic park was him really killing one.

I think with this there are too many people trying to be funny but fail miserably. At least, that's what I hope.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

All I replied with was something like, "Since when have you guys ever been quiet?"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

So true. :(

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

I've had people freely bitch to me about those freeloaders on government money. They backpedal when I tell them I'm on disability. "Oh, well, I didn't mean YOU. I mean those that abuse it."

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

She constantly posts Bible verses and preaches.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

My best friend's younger sister (who weighs in the mid-200s at age 19) re-posted this on Tumblr. Both her and her mother are huge and complain of back pain and ankle pain. Her mother (my friend's step-mother) will consume massive amounts of Mountain Dew during the day, while the sister eats junk food non-stop. Sister tried to set up a donation page for people to donate up to $20,000 for a stomach stapling operation. She only raised $20. They usually try fly-by-night weight loss fads, once spending $2,000 on Slim-Fast or Jenny Craig or something like that products, quitting within two days and throwing it all away. Doctors always tell them the truth but they ignore them, of course.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Comedy gold.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Isn't this mostly white people posting this poo poo?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Evil in it's finest form. Hope she never sees The Human Centipede 2.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Double Plus Good posted:

Date night with the hubs! getting dressed up, dropping two of our family pets off at the shelter where they will be terrified and abandoned and probably euthanized, then who knows??? maybe dinner and a movie?? fun timeS! This poo poo just makes me so mad, like stop loving getting animals if you don't give a poo poo about them, just loving stop, goddamn it. This is the FIFTH person from my friends list that has given up their dog or cat in the last year. But at least the others tried to dump their pet off on a friend or family member first. poo poo. I hope they at least made an effort to drive their asses out to one of the good humane societies around here before proceeding with their "we are 21 and have two kids and our shotgun marriage is already stale" date.

edit: wait, there's more!

oh good, good thing you didn't waste your precious time and gas driving all the way out to the humane society to dump your loving pets, good thing they're "spared" another dare in your care until you find the time to drop them off. People who are careless with animals they brought into their lives make me boiling loving mad.

There's someone on my Friends list who wants to get rid of two cats and is asking for advice. Cue her terrible friends coming in whining about how terrible cats are, and they are like cockroaches and they smell.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Huntersoninski posted:

The wrongest thing in this post is the fact that this person is on your friends list.

She's provided me with some good material. You could say that about any of the people we feature in this thread.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Above all else, the WBC crew are cowards. Sure, they might fly to Iraq, but do you really think they'd go outside Baghdad or the Iraqi Kurdistan Region? poo poo, they probably wouldn't even set foot outside the airport. More realistically, though, they'll probably just fail to do the various things that a US citizen has to do in order to travel to Iraq, and then shift all the blame. "Oh, of course we intended to go, but..."

Buncha jackasses. Here, I did all the research for them.

They always back out of promises. Like all the celebrity funerals they claim they will picket. Most of the time they never go.

The only good news about the WBC is that a ton of younger members have left, including several of Shirley's own children. One of the top fanatic members, Meagan Phelps-Roper (Shirley's oldest daughter I believe), left a year or two ago.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Being President of the United States is quite possibly the most stressful job on the planet; everybody who holds the office comes out looking disproportionately older. It's said you age about ten years for each four-year term. Obama is no exception.

Except Reagan, but that's because he was so old to begin with. That and the daily naps he required probably helped.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

News agencies will withhold the names of the recently deceased out of respect, but if a celebrity croaks you can bet your bottom dollar that house will be surrounded by cameramen and helicopters for weeks despite the wishes of the family for peace and quiet.

News is a strange business.

Because there are people out there who believe, "If they didn't want attention, they shouldn't have become famous".

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Original poster is my mom's cousin. The linked article is your typical smugness about "kids today" and "parents today" and "in my day we didn't use seatbelts" kind of bullshit. My mom's cousin responded with "I can't figure out how any of us survived. Did kids not have allergies in the 70's?"

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

He mostly posts about how autism is caused by vaccinations. This is from a post he made about that topic:

It continues like that for a while.

Once he posted proof that vaccinations cause autism. His source? Alex Jones. "I know this is Alex Jones but...." and then continued to believe it. And then got angry when people proved him wrong. The kicker is his profile picture. The Alex Jones post was deleted or else I would have posted it here, but he basically posts the same topic and continues to throw a tantrum when people disagree. All of his threads, that he starts, end up like the above example.

A closer look at his profile picture, which tells you all you need to know really.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

One more:

This is from my mother's cousin. She's as right-wing as you can get. Darren Wilson apologist. Complains about Obama, people on welfare, immigrants, Muslims, etc. all without having ever left her small Iowa town that she grew up in. She had replied to a post I made about how Republicans are confused about how to react now that Obama has done something about ISIS after they whined that he wasn't doing anything.It's the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen her post, and that's saying something.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Patchouli Patrol posted:

Woman who has imaginary astral boyfriends and thinks she hangs out on the astral plane with the Egyptian gods strikes again. When she refers to O, she is talking about Osiris. She basically created workplace drama in her fantasy world.

Why are these people encouraging her? Are they people she met off of Tumblr or something?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

From this story about app maker wanting to coin the term "bumpie" (as in "baby bump selfie")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

People on Tumblr think they are so deep and thoughtful.

More than 22,000 likes and re-blogs.

Really makes you think.

• Locked thread