Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

nucleicmaxid posted:

Libertarians and men in their early 40's.

But you repeat yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I have a guy in his early 20s on my news feed who posted an article that literally started with "science has proven that libertarians are the smartest people".

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

ThatPazuzu posted:

Doesn't it make more sense that we intentionally blew up a small building no one cares about?

It does if there was gold in it! (This is a real thing someone I met in college suggested; basically the government saw Die Hard With A Vengeance and decided to steal some of that sweet Saudi gold)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Segmentation Fault posted:

Wow, who the gently caress likes Rush?

Rush loving rule and these fedora-clad assholes ruin it for everybody.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I've enjoyed watching the guy who posted this slowly slide into complete insanity since the 2008 election.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Byzantine posted:

I think it's the "freefall time" thing that bewilders me the most. How else does stuff collapse?

The inference there is that a building falling at the rate of the acceleration of Gravity means that there is no structure in the way of the falling debris, which in turn means that it was a controlled demolition where all the floors or the foundation was destroyed at once. Supposedly "there is no way for a building for fall at G from a fire!" as my physics degree holding friend likes to say.

The problem with this insinuation is that it's predicated on specious data. The idea that the building fell "at G" is taken from a few angles of grainy footage that only show the top few floors of the building, scant few eyewitness accounts, and some loose math working backwards to get an acceleration of G.

In reality the building collapsed not at g but at same rate a debris riddled, fully on fire building that had reached it's breaking point falls at: fast.

It's all weasel words and jargon to try and sound like they know what's up.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

I agree, the person who shared the original image macro on Facebook is an idiot and the man is entirely justified in unfriending him. A Good Picture.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

These people should go to SE Asia. Between Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam I never saw them called French Fries successfully once.

French fried
Frend flies
French tried
Fench fries

Although I'd hate to imagine their pay :(

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ratjaculation posted:

These people should go to SE Asia. Between Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam I never saw them called French Fries successfully once.

French fried
Frend flies
French tried
Fench fries

Although I'd hate to imagine their pay :(

French Tried seems really appropriate in Vietnam specifically.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

The person who shared this is white naturally.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

OptimusShr posted:

13 years since 9/11 with very little in the way of organized terrorism, should we start planting tracking chips in brown people??

poo poo, that's the sort of thing that makes people blow stuff up in the first place.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

OptimusShr posted:

Don't we have the visa/passport system that has done this for years? I'm not crazy right?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Don't we have the visa/passport system that has done this for years? I'm not crazy right?

No, you're completely correct. It's a painfully stupid macro. Especially since the image is a god drat airport!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

That and we also have all these great watchlists now that never get anything wrong ever so bad people can't fly. :downs:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I think he means no way for him to track foreigners coming into the country so he can shake his head in disappointment and clean his rifle whenever the number goes up.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Byzantine posted:

I think it's the "freefall time" thing that bewilders me the most. How else does stuff collapse?

They think that the towers fell too fast, that they should have started slow and then picked up speed as more rubble-mass fell.

(that's exactly what happened, but who cares about reality)

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
In exciting social media news, the Something Awful Facebook group had a schism.

(based around the current group having its share of idiocy, or rather stereotypical goonery)

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

I think I would like to marry David Blue :allears:

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Did... did he just imply that Pearl Harbor was a false flag? :pwn:

And perhaps this guy would be interested in this website, which allows literally anybody to access and track the entry and exit records of any foreign national, given a little basic information.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

glowing-fish posted:

(based around the current group having its share of idiocy, or rather stereotypical goonery)

So uh, you going to post any screenshots?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

glowing-fish posted:

Wanna see some of that sweet sweet goon drama.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So uh, you going to post any screenshots?

Unless everything was deleted, it just looks like the PYF meme thread there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, whoever posted this:

PUT ME IN CHARGE posted:

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

It turns out that that's from a thing!

http://mobile.rawstory.com/all/2014-09-12-az-gop-vice-chair-calls-for-sterilizing-poor-women-if-you-want-a-baby-get-a-job#1

Oh, um, a more readable version. http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/12/az-gop-vice-chair-calls-for-sterilizing-poor-women-if-you-want-a-baby-get-a-job/

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Sep 13, 2014

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Did... did he just imply that Pearl Harbor was a false flag? :pwn:

Crazies have long been on Pearl Harbor being an inside job to get us into WW2.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

That's incredible. This guy just flat-out lifts a chain e-mail and tries to pass it off as his own!

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Tardcore posted:

Wanna see some of that sweet sweet goon drama.

It was mainly just one poster being a piece of poo poo and the mods defending him, then doxxing some lady-goons for no reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, since giving people poo poo for not thinking that minimum wage should be raised is a thing, have this!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

It was mainly just one poster being a piece of poo poo and the mods defending him, then doxxing some lady-goons for no reason.

I left right before this happened for unrelated reasons and caught whiffs of the fallout in my feed. Doxxing is hosed up, and it's a shame because some funny poo poo came out of that group but we can't have nice things.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

People who believe this should have their kids taken away. What "toxins" could a baby have anyways?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I swear to god if someone in real life tried to unironically explain "toxins" to me I'd beat them to death with their liver.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, since giving people poo poo for not thinking that minimum wage should be raised is a thing, have this!

hahaha, that is pretty good.

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Doxing someone, what? That's kind of hosed up.

Also how do you dox someone on facebook they kind of already let you know who they are because it's facebook IDGI.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Ugh, so good David Blank.
:master:

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
At least reflexology is pretty much the least dangerous woo poo poo you could do to your baby. It's just a fancy foot massage.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

CeramicPig posted:

People who believe this should have their kids taken away. What "toxins" could a baby have anyways?

The thumbnail made me think it was something vaginal. Dirty mind I guess.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Woman who has imaginary astral boyfriends and thinks she hangs out on the astral plane with the Egyptian gods strikes again. When she refers to O, she is talking about Osiris. She basically created workplace drama in her fantasy world.

Patchouli Patrol has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Sep 13, 2014

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Patchouli Patrol posted:

Woman who has imaginary astral boyfriends and thinks she hangs out on the astral plane with the Egyptian gods strikes again. When she refers to O, she is talking about Osiris. She basically created workplace drama in her imaginary world.

Man, how bad do you have to be to have your imagnary friends tell you to GTFO?

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

CitizenKain posted:

Crazies have long been on Pearl Harbor being an inside job to get us into WW2.

The idea that the US ignored evidence of an attack on Pearl Harbor has been around forever. It's not one that's supported in any way by the evidence, but there's a certain 'stupid' logic to the theory. It takes a special kind of idiot to think that Pearl Harbor was some kind of false flag operation. I'm having trouble thinking of what that theory would entail that the more common one wouldn't, other then mind-rending stupidity of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Lyz posted:

Man, how bad do you have to be to have your imagnary friends tell you to GTFO?

But, see, it's because she's FOREIGN and EXOTIC and DIFFERENT (read: white and insufferable)

• Locked thread