Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Today is the 22nd anniversary of the ratification of the 27th amendment, an awesome example of how hosed our system is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Also boilermakers are the most blue-collar drink in existence.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

FourLeaf posted:

More importantly, you are completely ignoring the fact that anti-black antipathy is often displayed not only by white people, but also by non-black people of color, including Hispanics, Latinos, and Asians among others. Race in America is arguably a hierarchy with blacks on the bottom, whites at the top (yes, including White Latinos as well as Irish- and Italian-Americans!), and other races in between. Therefore even a Latino person like George Zimmerman, even if he were not "white," could still stalk and murder Trayvon Martin based off of negative stereotypes of Black people as criminals.
Don't forget about lightness of skin in India.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The discussion two pages back reminded me that my grandmother, who is still alive, had a grandfather who served in the Army of Northern Virginia the entire war. How many grandchildren of Civil War vets are still around?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Nybble posted:

How old is she, and how old were her father and grandfather when the respective child was born? I ask because I was in Antienam for Memorial Day, and the tour guide at the Field Medical Hospital said his grandfather served in one of the Pennsylvania regiments. I was trying to figure out how it would be possible, except for exceptionally long generations, or he meant his great-grandfather.
She's 87, and her grandfather was born in the 1830's or 40's. He fathered her mother in the 1890's, with either his fourth or fifth wife.

• Locked thread