Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mineaiki posted:

Or you could use the peace corps to train the poor to do jobs while paying them, thus giving them skills that they otherwise wouldn't have time to learn between minimum-wage jobs.

I mean they're not going to stop being poor people automatically just because more affluent kids are conscripted to do work for a year. In fact if it involved training job skills you could probably just open it up as an opportunity to poor people instead of conscripting everyone.

Again, his point is to force people to go outside of their comfort zones, which is something a large portion of Americans could Really Use. Having it give you job skills and good pay would be a cherry on top, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wouldn't reparations just lead to an even more racist America, where poor whites and middle class whites get really mad about having to pay for their ancestors and lead to more Jim crow poo poo?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The only thing surprising about this is how they've managed to stay open for this long.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Their argument appears to be "Now we're loving over our employees in a different way. What are you going to do about it?"

My favorite things about Boards of Directors is that everyone on them is also a member of like six other Boards of Directors at the same time. I have no idea how they juggle all the responsibility! :jerkbag:

• Locked thread