Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Magres posted:

I love White Russians, personally. Get some decent Vodka (Chopin works and is a favorite of mine), Kahlua, and milk or cream (I like Whole Milk, anything heavier and you're just chugging milkfat, anything lighter and it's really watery) and mix however much you want. I tend to do like 2:1:1 Vodka:Kahlua:Milk but I generally like my drinks idiotically strong, and 1:1:2 V:K:M is probably going to be a lot more palatable for most people.

Random question - the thread blew up by about 20 pages over the course of a couple days while I was on the road. Anything noteworthy (ie stuff I should go read) happen in the past few days while I was living under a rock?

Try using a Honey Vanilla Vodka in your White Russians. 375ml 100 proof Vodka to 6oz mesquite honey, and a vanilla bean. Put all of those in a mason jar, let it sit for three weeks, and shake it once each day. At the end of that time, strain it through a wire mesh, and then add it to your beverages, or just drink it straight. It's cheaper than buying Stoli Hunni, adds a note of mesquite smoke, and those lovely vanilla undertones, and is potent enough to make arguing with Fishmech seem like a good idea.

EDIT:

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I assume everyone is drinking Blanton's as their sipping bourbon of choice because it's so drat smooth.

Also supporting whoever suggested Lagavulin 16yr.
I'm sipping on Bookers. It helps ease the pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

Magres posted:

Oh my sweet christ that sounds wonderful

Definitely going to put some of that together as soon as I get home, in a month I leave for a summer job in a town I loving hate because it's a podunk shithole with nothing to do, and drinking myself into a stupor with deilicious Honey Vanilla Vodka sounds great.

Oh, other booze suggestion - Rum and Rootbeer, using Kraken Rum for your rum. Stuff's not super expensive and the vanilla flavoring makes it go fantastically well with Rootbeer.

Make sure you slit the vanilla bean lengthwise from end to end before adding it, or it won't infuse properly.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

But if you want a sugar cane based liquor that hates you as much as you hate US politics I recommend cachaça, the moonshine of rum.

Cachaça is the primary liquor in a Caipirinha, and there is nothing hateful about that delightful cocktail.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Considering which side is being antagonistic and instigating these events if I were a betting person I would put my money on an off-duty officer or federal employee with a personal concealed weapon firing in perceived self-defense.

I really, really hope I'm just missing the irony on this post, and that if you had to pick which one of the two groups would shoot first, the ones allegedly driving up to people and aiming firearms at them are gonna be the likely triggermen.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

ThirdPartyView posted:

Those are some big-rear end rascals.

We'll make so much money. "All-Terrain Rascals"! Rascals designed for even the most rugged Sam's Club Food Court. Rascals that'll support half a ton of Doughy American Freedom!

• Locked thread