Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Magres posted:

I love White Russians, personally.

Not sure what it's called, but adding some Irish Cream to the mix is amazing.

That along with a Mark and Stormy are my favorite drinks. A M&S is Maker's Mark, ginger beer (not ale), and lime.

It's sad that watching Morning Joe while at the gym this morning made me want to immediately go home and drink. drat work getting in the way. Someone please tell me things will get better. I already know they'll probably get worse after the midterms.

sleepingbuddha fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Jagchosis posted:

Probably hold John Kerry in contempt, because why the gently caress not. On the plus side their tough talking "prosecutor" heading the committee looks like a cross between Julian Assange and Pepe le Pew, so that's fun.

Tell me again, why didn't the Democrats do this to Bush regarding lies leading into the Iraq clusterfuck?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Sure, they voted for it, but I'd be even more pissed to find out I voted for a war based on lies. The real problem is that the Democrats are way too drat conciliatory. Oh we don't want to set a precedent of impeaching the President, not like you guys did to our last one and will likely do to the current one.

It's time to take some notes from the opposition's playbook.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Nevermind, wrong thread.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Nybble posted:

And despite his multiple therapists and other run-ins with the law, he still owned them. The system isn't perfect, it could be better, but people don't let it get fixed.

Illinois recently expanded the requirements for mandated reporters to input names of anyone found to be an imminent danger to self or others in a database the cross references the names of FOID holders, which then triggers a police visit to potentially confiscate some guns. It's new, so I have no idea how well it will work, but it makes sense to me.

On the other hand, this may dissuade some from seeking treatment or being truthful regarding dangerous impulses, but I think the benefits may outweigh the potential problems until someone comes up with a better idea.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The most I have of WWII stories was stuff like how my grandfather refused to buy a Japanese car to his grave because of what he saw during WWII; all the oldest people in my extended family (e.g. great-uncles) came of age after WWII.

We took my wife's WW2 vet grandfather to Benihana once, and he kept saying, "We beat them in the war, now we gotta eat their food?" What he didn't realize was that the waiter and chef at our table were both Latinos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

djw175 posted:

Since I'm rather young, I have to ask. What happened in 1980 to just loving spike that way? Was it some specific thing or a multitude of things?

After 1980, the situation began to change. In the 1980s, while the number of arrests for all crimes had risen by 28%, the number of arrests for drug offenses rose 126%.[47] The US Department of Justice, reporting on the effects of state initiatives, has stated that, from 1990 through 2000, "the increasing number of drug offenses accounted for 27% of the total growth among black inmates, 7% of the total growth among Hispanic inmates, and 15% of the growth among white inmates." In addition to prison or jail, the United States provides for the deportation of many non-citizens convicted of drug offenses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs

• Locked thread