Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

VitalSigns posted:

Ah for the good old days before labor laws wrecked the economy...

You rang? :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Was someone just making a joke about unbiased sources?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So that minimum wage increase to 15$ in SeaTac is working out well. Of course there was really no way to know what might happen. :shrug:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

The stuff about suffering was specifically a point about using emotionally charged language as a substitute for reasoned discussion.

quote:

Bonus, no amount of proof will actually change his mind about the minimum wage, because he has :sparkles:philosophical objections:sparkles: :swoon:

What is the problem here? I'm not much of a consequentialist. And even in the part you quoted I even said that there were economic policies that would be more important to me than minimum wage.

quote:

Sorry, Zeitgueist
Evidence is irrelevant. Pfft, it's like you've never even heard of the archbrilliant theory of Praxeology.

First off, no matter how either side of the debate wants to paint the picture, there is plenty of evidence on each side favorable to their arguments. And again you show your willingness to slay strawmen, since I made it abundantly clear in that thread that I don't subscribe to Austrian economics.

• Locked thread