Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I usually just pound High Life when I'm reading this thread or when I'm not reading this thread, is this acceptable y/n

Anyway, is there any truth to the impeachment rumors, or is it all just so much empty base-riling? Tell me the House isn't that crazy, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I used to think I was a Republican when I was a kid, because I "hated hippies" and my dad loves Reagan. I even still remember smugly replying to some other kid in the sixth grade who mentioned Clinton cheating on his wife wasn't that big a deal with "It's not that he cheated, it's that he lied about it to the American people :smug:" which I'm sure is some random talking point I had picked up from my parents, but at the time I actually believed politics was basically a bastion of honor and integrity that he had violated in some way.

But then 9/11 happened when I was in high school, and while I was as scared and uncertain as everyone else, even then all the "send the nukes turn the Middle East into glass" talk made me uncomfortable. This was also when I began to notice (or maybe this is when it increased?) all the racism against Hispanics put out by conservatives, and living in El Paso where half the kids I knew were first or second-generation Mexican immigrants, it was pretty difficult to see them as evil welfare invaders when we're all standing around talking about how sweet Goldeneye 64 was. So I guess it was mainly the unabashed xenophobia and racism that turned me off. Thanks, Republicans!

To my credit though, I never actually believed in that just world, hard-work-means-success bullshit. Even then I realized how little work you have to do if you're a little smarter than the other kids and whether or not the teachers like you, and really, how could you not kinda hate the rich white kid whose parents took him to Europe that summer?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I hope Rand Paul accidentally uses the word 'negroids' or something soon, because if I have to read several more pages of posts about how kids should or shouldn't be taught mathematics in a specific way I'm gonna start puking blood. Can we at least start the tuition derail again? Where's that dick with the Ted Cruz avatar when you need him?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I appreciate the now almost cliched "Rand Paul almost sounds reasonable then immediately assures everyone otherwise" content, but what really makes this article is the picture. He looks like a doll that has been brought to life for the sole purpose of murder.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Maybe the truth is really in the middHUUAAARRRGHH

Anyway, has anyone made a 'slow and steady wins the race' joke about Mitch McConnell winning his primary yet? Because if not, let me be the first.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Anyone who calls him a hero is most likely not in possession of all the facts.

The word 'hero' is pretty much synonymous with 'soldier' at this point, though. It's pretty much exclusively used for political dick-waving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Maybe it's just because it draws parallels to swift-boating but I've become irrationally angry lately reading the back and forth on this Bergdahl situation. I think it's because it combines some of the most abhorrent qualities of the GOP in a tidy package; turning on the military immediately when it's politically convenient, their belief that all Muslims are terrorist, their desire to torture and kill all Muslims, etc.

Does anyone know if Bergdahl himself is going to be making any statements, or has he (wisely) chosen to forego doing anything in public?

• Locked thread