Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

A worthy epitaph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Continuing the proud Survivor tradition of smashing pots and plates for no reason.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

see and copy

Aw man, that was gonna be my strategy...

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Dhaes

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Lookin' like CapnAndy is a pretty good answer

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVqOgklHhF0

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Surely this time it's CapnAndy?!

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
I'll smash the Pot of the Ice Phoenix!

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Dhaes I guess? I think I put myself for this one...

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

John Cena posted:

It was a tie between Disco and Andy, for the record.

Bahaha! At least some people had the right idea.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Disco Spider you cut me deep by going for me so I have to return the favor.

Can't blame you. Who can afford to own 3 pots anyway?

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
CapnAndy

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Oh! My pot...

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

John Cena posted:

You were the target of a good amount of negative attention in the answers to the survey for the last challenge. Surely this makes you worry about your standing in the game? What do you need to do to improve it?

Well some of that was self-directed, but yes, point taken. I have felt not good about tribal before but this is by far the most not good I have felt to this point. Hopefully the other people who wanted to see me blindsided have already succeeded in their ambition and are satisfied with that.

John Cena posted:

What is dictating the way you're voting tonight? And with the threat of potentially two Hidden Immunity Idols out in the game, how does that affect things, where the Majority opinion may not even have an effect on tonight's vote?

I'm sure that there are tons of alliances out there right now, but I'm pleased I didn't have to do much ball-juggling/doc-watching this week, especially seeing how all that effort paid off last week. I vote with my heart and will continue to do so until Death's cold embrace takes me. As with seemingly everyone else, I refuse to believe that hidden immunity idols exist.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Well goodness I'm not so good at this game. At least I get to be on the jury! Have fun everyone!

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Hey everyone,
I think that who the "best" player of this game was is not for me to decide. Truly, the annals of history will have the final say in that regard.
As such I will be making this vote based on how each of you personally dealt with me, since I was there and I remember.

Fast Luck,
I found it amusing that you took the opportunity yesterday to remind Dhaes, bowmore and myself that p. machine betrayed us. Don't know about the others, but you also betrayed me at least once, maybe twice. Strategically speaking, again I can't say for sure what happened after I left/before we merged, but from what I saw you engineered the most boneheaded move I experienced in the game.
I saw the Pagonging coming a mile away and warned you at length about it, but you still somehow thought that Durf would fall apart before they could eliminate all of us.

And yes, I know, you're still here. But that doesn't make any decision you made good strategy. I doubt having to win 3 immunity challenges in a row was how you originally drew it up.

No question as such, but feel free to respond to anything I've said here.

PM,
Oh yeah, that's right, you also betrayed me I guess. But unlike Fast Luck I actually found your betrayal completely reasonable and a decent move at the time, so I bear no more than the minimal ill will towards you for that move. That said, in what must be a break from the common opinion I actually thought that Fast Luck's social game was far superior to yours. Even after betraying me he gave me an honest, thoughtful (stupid) explanation of why he thought it was necessary. With you it was all saying the correct thing and leading me on, which I found more than a little grating after a while, since you seemed so obviously to be going through the motions to make me think I was part of the team. Again, no real question for you, but feel free to respond or not.

Actually at least answer this as a side note - how the hell did you make me seem like a player to be feared? I keep hearing that everyone thought I was dangerous and I don't understand unless you outright lied, since I had to have been the most incompetent player in this game.

IP,
I dunno, man, we barely even interacted. I don't wanna string you along, so I'll tell you that at the moment I'm leaning towards one of the devils I know than the one I don't. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that you never explicitly betrayed me unlike these two chumps, but I at least know a little something about how they played, their strengths and weaknesses, and what have you. You're just a giant, slightly malevolent question mark to me. Anything you want to say to possibly dispel that notion, go ahead, but it's an unfortunate circumstance of being the first voted out post-merge that I really don't have a feel for everybody.

So I guess none of you technically have to answer me, but I think I'm one of the few truly undecided people, so maybe you want to answer?

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Great game, everyone! Well deserved win.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
Haha Byers thought I was lying about the Des never contacting me. In another game where I took the initiative and contacted them, maybe things would have gone differently. Oh well, live and learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, I still can't believe that they never contacted you in that situation.

To be fair I forgot that Windy was camping the weekend of the merge, so he was probably incommunicado for most of it.

• Locked thread