Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity, if it helps, I stubbed a toe. But I pushed through the pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You won Immunity. But should you have not won it, why should you make it to the Final Tribal Council tomorrow night?
I've had back-up plans for every tribal that I would've pulled out if I hadn't won immunity. That said, these plans became bigger and bigger long shots as we went along. I think I should make it to the Final Tribal Council because it'd be really cool and I played really hard and I'm a swell dude who loves to laugh, to answer the question. But that probably wouldn't go over with my competitors, and at this point I had very little left to sell them. My last Hail Mary would've been urging Propaganda Machine to put "game theory" aside and vote with me because the jury would reward her for it, because the jury definitely seemed to dislike hearing about her game theory. I'd also be emphasizing that every vote I might get in my favor, Ice Phoenix would get anyway if I weren't there (because Prop betrayed bowmore, Dhaes, and Disco, but Ice did not). Anyway, I took that argument for a test run and I think it gave her a good chuckle. But I think I played my heart out, played harder than anyone else, and I think that's a big part of why I won these challenges. I do deserve to be there, but I had to make my own way.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha that's fine, the mods posted all the topics in tribe doc and they only were going to get more crazy from there so that one wasn't so bad. A big part of why I was bashing it so much was only because I didn't know what else to say about it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Please read this post in its entirety before you decide who you're voting for, even if you're a Durf. Please give me your most honest consideration when you decide your vote. Also, I know you've probably been planning your questions for ages but I'm going to try to answer some of them in advance.

Great story
When this game started, I was on a tribe of six players, and four of them listed one another as friends. Partly with luck, but largely with good social play, I was able to get past that. One interesting fact is that bowmore once offered to keep me over Chili and Chili once offered to keep me over bowmore. Whether either of those alternatives would've played out if not for the shuffle we can't know for sure, but I wasn't as dead in the water as it may have seemed, basically due to my own good gameplay.

And then it may have seemed like I was totally doomed again just recently, or actually for quite awhile, but I made it through that as well. I basically interrupted a complete Pagonging, and peed in the Durfs' pool. And all the while, when things went good or they went bad, I've tried to enjoy myself and have fun with this. I'm a huge Survivor fan, but that hasn't kept me from keeping it light, whether that means writing Durf "cult" fan fiction, fake tree mails, or "finding cocaine on the beach." All in all, I've loved the experience, getting to actually know other posters on SA, and I want to thank Cena for putting this all together and inviting me to the game. And also Asiina for all the assistance she provided.

Strategic play
Now, one question I think people may have for me is whether I've actually played this game well strategically. Afterall, I'm here today because of an immunity run. My answer to that is an emphatic yes. I believe I've made the biggest move of all the players remaining in this game, and when I say that I am referring to the recruitment of Winson Paine.

In one of our docs, Winson bemoaned the fact that people were taking him for granted. They were counting on him for their votes but he wasn't in anyone's final three deals. I'd taken the initiative of contacting windshipper, and I'd taken the initiative of creating a new doc. But we had to pick the exact right person to contact for our move. Based on what I'd read from Winson, he seemed like someone who understood exactly what was going on. He was a father and a busy man, more busy than the rest of us, but that didn't mean he didn't understand the game. So I nominated him for our flip target. If this had failed, our plot would have been blown and Durf may have buckled down then and there. But I selected the right person. And, not only that, I did not insist on contacting him myself. I asked windshipper to make contact, because I remembered a positive comment Winson had made about winds in the past. Finally, as the coup de grace, I authorized Winds to offer my own idol to Winson in exchange for his vote. I can't recall this ever having been done on Survivor before, in the real version of the game. And this was the biggest move of the game up until Byers talked to Winson and Winson came back to Durf.

But Byers and Winson aren't here, are they? That's part of why I forced this last vote onto Winson. Propaganda Machine and Ice Phoenix both got here in the same way. Winson had a different path. He was the one person who could make a unique argument. I always said he had no shot to win, and that may or may not have been true. But I don't care if he had a shot to win. I don't need 9 votes to win. I don't even need 5. 4-3-2 will do fine for me. And by bringing Ice and Prop here, I've employed a divide and conquer strategy. One of you, Ice and Prop, will be receiving the Durf votes. You're going to have tmake the case on why it should be you and not the other. For the first real time in a long time, we're going to have some Durfs squaring off.

Challenge run
Even my challenge run was strategical. I only stepped it up after I came under threat. Ice Phoenix said I was kept over Skinty because I was less of a challenge threat. I think it was because of my relationships with Byers and Prop, but either way... I showed my true challenge self afterwards.

How do you answer trivia and win crossword puzzles?
Cheat http://i.imgur.com/8UccbNv.png
Sheet http://i.imgur.com/gUUpYVo.png

I prepared for challenges that didn't even happen. I bookmarked lists of adjectives and adverbs in case of a game of Scatergories. I played random flash games. I have a few other tricks that I used, including how to post first in the knockout game.

But I'm out of time. I'll get into this and so much more in my closing speech and as I answer jury questions. Thanks all!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hi Majuju, I never expected your vote, so that's fine.

You offered to quit. Enough said.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hey Byers. First off, I don't think having my allies voted out is a flaw in my social game. I was tight with Dhaes, and I was tight with bowmore, and I was even pretty tight with Disco Spider. I had a great friendship with Skinty that we formed after Winds bribed him into voting against me with the immunity necklace. These people were voted out not because of a flaw in my social game, but because Durf was so tight, and because Durf had numbers. I also think my sort-of relationships with you and Propaganda helped keep me around for a few extra votes.

But actually, I didn't want to ally you and Propaganda in the shuffle. Unfortunately, you had won Bowmore over. If we'd voted you out there, it could have changed things. I also didn't want Chili to be voted out in the other tribe, but obviously there was nothing I could do about that.

Credit to Durf: you pulling Winson back in, Andy hammering in the Durf loyalty, and to Majuju for his Christ-like sacrifice. Of course, Prop and Ice, up against me here at the final tribal, were often plotting against you (which I respect them for and I'm sure you do too), and they made that contact with Windshipper, and did other things as well. That's cool and was good play, but it also means I'm not sure they deserve the full credit for the Durf loyalty pact that ended up deciding the course of much of the game. If Majuju hadn't intervened, and if you hadn't emerged as such a threat, I think things may have broken differently.

My social flaws? I think I did everything possible with Winson to keep him solid. I honestly intended to take him final three, and to give him my hidden immunity idol, and I wrote to him in as convincing fashion as I was able to. But since he wasn't on AIM, and since he wasn't one of the most active in the doc, it was hard to lock him down. You bringing Winson back was and remains the biggest move of the game, and that's why the Durfs voted you out, and that's why I voted Winson out.

So the actual flaws... I would say probably my intense hopes of keeping you and Propaganda after the merge. I thought going to the mat for you in the shuffled tribe would earn your loyalty, but I wasn't aware of the strong day one alliances you'd made or the loyalty that had been focused on within Durf. My social game, I think, was pretty solid. Outside of Majuju, who I obviously antagonized for obvious reasons, and Winson, who I got maybe a little bit frustrated with after he turned, I don't think there's any player in the game that I really had issues with. Thanks Byers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7aqSvggjv8
I love Destroyer and am posting this song because it's kinda fitting for the game.

So, child of the east / It's time to shrug off the beast / And take a look at what you've done / The half-breed jury agrees you're okay / But what they never seem to say / Is that it's never the defense's witness / And someone's got to fall before someone goes free

Dang, stand-up, there's a lot of funny comedians but nothing immediately comes to mind. I'm going with this one even though it's kind of dated with the subject matter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Okay, fair enough. Just wanna say though, I was coming up with hundreds of ideas. A lot of them sucked, yes. I needed some quality control on them but the reason I had so many bad ideas is because I had so many ideas in general. I never stopped thinking, and the potentially bad ideas I pitched to you were also largely "fun" ones that it would've been cool to watch. But yeah, no question for me, so I'll not drag this out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Skinty McEdger posted:

Fast Luck, you shocked the world, did the impossible and survived time and time again when the odds were stacked against you, something in all honesty I don't know that I could have done. How does it feel to be better than the best (in the thread)?
Haha, man, I gotta say winning those challenges felt good, even though I wasn't the best enough to vote for myself twice. My Durf fan fiction I wrote that made Majuju think I was an arrogant rear end was inspired by your epic tribal posts.

You predicted how everything would play out a week or two ahead of time and the only thing that prevented that was this immunity run. So, umm, this is as good an opportunity as any to bring up some other immunity Tips and Tricks that I employed when the odds were stacked against me. In the early stages where I felt safe, I played the games from home if that was what was convenient. But I have a really slow connection. Once things got real, I stayed at work. I (kind of unintentionally) effectively fooled people into thinking I wasn't a threat.

Now we can get into some more fun stuff. How do you buzz in first in the knockout game? Well, put "BUZZ" on your clipboard, that's obvious. But also, you shouldn't be refreshing the thread. You should refresh the reply page. On that page you can see the most recent posts (even if they're on a new page!) and you can buzz in with one less click. And then you just consult your cheat sheet to get the answer.

*Extreme Ways begins to play after this epic reveal, then is abruptly cut off because the 'secret' is boring and not that original*

If you want to count the number of geese in a pic, you quickly copy and paste the image into paint and start putting a red slash through each as you go. You only have a minute, so the counts aren't precise, but this really helps.

If you're in a challenge where you have to post every 5 minutes, you load up a website like this: http://www.timeanddate.com/stopwatch/
And set it to beep every 2 minutes and 15 seconds. That way, even if you make an error, you can still keep posting. Get a bunch of posts ready ahead of time, review your post with a preview, and then submit. When Prop began posting only once every 4 or so minutes, I started to feel confident in that one. Winson's run in that challenge was glorious but of course a storm cut him down. Oh, I told everyone I was taking off work today because I was prepared to do the challenge for 24 hours, but I didn't really take off work. But the idea was if people thought I was in for 24 hours, they'd more easily drop out. And the idea really got into Ice's head, as he railed pretty hard against the mods for advantaging people taking off work, and then made a quick mistake.

Thanks Skinty. Congrats to the Flemish dudes in Belgium for their convincing win against the US. Okay, it got a bit dicey in the last 20 minutes, but man what a beatdown that would've been if not for Tim Howard saving like 20 good shots.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hey Disco. Definitely, I betrayed you once, when we voted out YPM instead of Byers. I wanted to vote out Byers. I was with you in that. I'm assuming Byers doesn't mind this. Well, I made every argument I could for why we should do a 2 Hurf + 2 De, but I couldn't win bowmore over, and he was needed for that move, and my best ally! Going back to the question from Byers, maybe that's the fault of my social game that bowmore didn't come over, but I'm not sure what else I could have done. So yes, I played along with you guys and then voted out YPM, but like I've said, I don't think that was the best move and if I could have helped it I would have gone with y'all. I think you're definitely the kind of person who doesn't begrudge a betrayal, so I think your vote won't be decided on that, but on other factors... Just the same, I wanna state that I didn't betray you twice. I voted with you when you got booted out and was totally on your side. I raged at Byers in thread afterwards, and not for betraying us, but just for his decision to stick with the Durfs instead of with us, and for not giving me the opportunity to allay his concerns. I sincerely had been trying to pull you back into the fold and did everything I could to accomplish that. I hope you get a chance to play this game again.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hey Winson. I think a lot of people took it similarly seriously: Prop, Byers, etc. But I mean, if you wanna know what the gently caress, I think I've explained I'm a big Survivor fan and this is my first game, and you only get one first chance. I'm not sure where I took for granted that my former allies would vote for me. I'm hoping I'm only irritating to you and Majuju. If I'm irritating to a lot of other people, that's a definite flaw in my game, but I hope that's not the case. When you're on death row for weeks you get kinda loosey goosey.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My D&D name is Donghammer, and I'm a barbarian. Imagine Conan the Barbarian. I have long flowing hair and big muscles. My strength score is pretty weak, my charisma is pretty middling, I'm basically a paper tiger but I just really like the concept of being a barbarian called Donghammer.

Question 1. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
I'm gonna go with "good," not because I think people are totally epic and cool and have their poo poo together, but rather because I don't think people generally go out and try to be assholes or bad people. Also, Jeff caught that one dude in that episode of Community.

Question 2. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told in Survivor BYOB?
In terms of alliances, the only time I've ever lied was to Disco and YPM. In terms of random poo poo, I've lied about taking a day off work, I've lied about my reasons for wanting Winson out, and a few other things. But I'm going to say the lie we pulled on YPM and Disco was my biggest lie.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hm, that's the kind of question I was expecting going into this tribal. But isn't the entire reason you're on the jury because of me and my allies, and a strategic move we made? We all played a part in that, but didn't I play a crucial role? I'm not sure how I'm less deserving than the others. What were their biggest moves? Voting out Byers, whom Skinty predicted would be voted out weeks ahead of time?

You made yourself a big target but I give credit to you for what Durf went on to accomplish. Survivor is first and foremost a game of relationships and numbers, you did great at that. I get it, and immunity primarily is just a wrench in the gears, yeah. But you need to consider with what was set up against me, the odds I was facing, perhaps what I did was the best possible anyone could have come up with.

I'm not sure when I got outwitted (I was outnumbered, but not really fooled), and I did outlast, that's why I'm here. My immunity wins certainly weren't luck. In Awful Survivor, you have a chance to strategize even when it comes to the immunities. You can outwit people in the immunities themselves. I'm honestly not trying to "crow" about what I did, but I need to make my case to the jury, and I think I did outwit people in those challenges for the reasons I gave in response to McEdger. I went back and prepared and won all of them convincingly. Another example of a "wit" move I made was when I pleaded to Prop and Byers to not gun for me if we got a challenge like this one: http://i.imgur.com/4SmMaib.png Always preparing. Always strategizing.

I see from your questions you're already voting for Prop (or failing that, Ice), but of course I had to take this opportunity to argue why I would not be an unworthy winner.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Final speech:

In regards to the move Propaganda and Ice almost made with Skinty and windshipper: I'm not sure burning someone big time as a test to see if you may be interested in working with them the next week is necessarily a good strategic way to form an alliance.

In regards to my playing my idol when I did: despite being in the crosshairs for so long, I got to the end with zero votes against me. My idol play canceled out the only votes anyone ever cast with my name on them. And, actually, I read that vote correctly. I knew there probably wouldn't be a majority of votes on me, but made the play because:
a) If I correctly play it on the person being voted for, that ties it up 4-4. Winds will jump ship, so that will be worthless. Note: I formulated this opinion before Byers ever contacted me, I just had a good read on windshipper being a real gamesman.
b) If I held the idol, they would only have to vote out one more person before they could split votes.
c) If I played the idol, I was guaranteed safe, and would revert back into more of a 'normal player.'

Look, when no one would work with me, when the Durfs were circling their wagons because I was allegedly such a threat, did I give up? No, I just played harder. I started making alliances with the jury! There was a question in a previous tribal about what we'd like to say to future jurors, and I basically used it to ask any former ally I had whom might be so inclined to start working their fellow jurors.

I started making alliances with the viewers! I actually encouraged the viewers to, if they saw one of my opponents make an error in the last challenge, duly report it to the mods. If I made an error, I said, it was up to the mods to find it. Ridiculous? Of course! That's probably something so stupid windshipper is right now thinking is further evidence of my stupidity. But I was just having fun, and thinking outside the box again there, just like I did when I offered to hand the idol over to people if they'd join my alliance.

All in all, I think if you want to vote for the person who overcame the steepest odds, it's me. I think if you want to vote for the person who made the game the most fun, it's me. I even think if you want to vote for the person who made the biggest move, it's me (because Byers and Winson are gone). If you want to vote for the person who played the hardest, please cast your ballot for me. Thanks all, it was a lot of fun

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gj guys.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Byers2142 posted:

FYI, Fast Luck, I was planning on voting you going into FTC. You lost my vote with your answers, and you almost lost Skinty's as well.
Yeah, I kind of thought you might vote for me. I'm not sure what I messed up though. Congrats to Prop.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Byers2142 posted:

Poque, you should have seen the jury doc. My personal favorite came at the very end, when FL said he made an Alliance with the viewers!
I also said that was a joke and just for fun! Ah well. I guess my weirdness was not compatible with this game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

bowmore posted:

I voted Fast Luck but almost switched to Prop after the answers, I figured she'd have enough support anyway and I was right! Haha
Lol, thanks bowmore! I really didn't realize I was blowing it in the final answers. My bad.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yay! Sorry to the people who voted for me that I couldn't bring the real game home.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well, consensus is I didn't shoot myself in the foot by voting out Winson, that's good at least.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Byers2142 posted:

No, PMach and Ice were the right two to take, absolutely.
I guess I have nothing whatsoever to blame, then, except my social game or whatever haha.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thanks Asiina. I tried :shobon:

anyone voting for Majuju for player of the season, I don't even know. lol. Dude was a disgrace.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Asiina posted:

Also I voted for Skinty too :)
Skinty was a cool dude. His confessionals must have been something to behold. Congrats bro :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity posted:

Fast Luck, you really oversold yourself when you didn't need to. A lot of your answers were simply unnecessary and somewhat condescending.
I'm really sorry to anyone who was hoping for me to win. I thought I needed to sell myself as hard as possible. I thought people would find the "alliances" with the jury, with the viewers, ... and all my desperate thoughts ... fun? Cool? Whatever? I think all those things, and my idol give-away ideas, were unique for this game and things people would think were a good time. I'm so sorry guys.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

King Burgundy posted:

That's fair, I just thought the tone came off as bitter juror, even if you wouldn't have intended it as that. I got really angry on Fast Luck's behalf at calling his immunity streak luck, among other things. :)
Yeah, I had a whole response to that post that I couldn't put up because she made her closing argument after me. I did IM her though:

Last, but not least by far, in our talks you always wanted to take strong players to the end, because goats were "taking up" spots at this final tribal council that other, stronger players more "deserved." If there's a better strategy to lose for sure, I cannot tell you what it is.
lol those were all lies, i couldnt let you in on my real reasons because i didnt want you to second guess my votes and wanted you to think i was inept. but i told cena weeks ahead of time the real reasons :) i wanted to pit you and ice against each other. i dont care if winson gets 0 votes, i have to beat a durf and keeping you + ice seemed better than bringing winson

as far as immunity wins, it wasn't fast internet connections, it was smart play, like refreshing from the reply page instead of the thread, like being the best at doing a crossword, etc.

You sunk your strategic game when you chose to vote YPM out over Byers.

and of course, i didn't want to keep Byers over YPM! that was bowmore being intractible. i made extensive arguments, at one point i even said, fine, let's ally with prop and byers the SECOND vote, but let's vote out winson the first vote. couldn't get him to go with it. i assume you know im not that dumb :P

i know that post was partly a jury argument but i gotta give my response. how much of my response did you already know? is any of that news? i know you already know i didnt want to ally you guys in the shuffle cuz i told you about that hehe

how would these answers have worked for you if you were a juror?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sorry Asiina, I literally don't think there was anything more I could have done for winson. I said every single thing I could possibly have said to earn his trust. I wrote him pining letters, I explained why I would want to ally him, I told him why I would definitely give him my idol, I did everything anyone could ever imagine. If there was ANYTHING i failed to do in my efforts to convince him he was my top ally, let me know.

And if my social game wasn't there, why did I outlast Maltose? Why did bowmore and Chili make me offers? Why did Byers and Prop want to keep me?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Winson_Paine posted:

I say this as someone who might have voted for you, because I didn't really have strong feelings going into this for the most part. I had prepped an Ice vote, but like, it is pretty clear my mind could be changed. Your responses came off as... weirdly entitled? IDK if that is right, but it is in the ballpark. Like you had programmed the game to make you win, and now you were here to claim what was yours by right. I am not saying that is what you were meaning, but it is the impression that I ended up getting.
That's a mistake on my part. I had a lot of things going on during tribal council, serious, personal things. Well, I'm willing to own that I lost. My best friends won. Skinty, my one best friend, won player of the season. Prop, my other best friend, won the game. It's cool...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I do wonder if players had seen my confessionals, if they maybe would have respected me more. But that's why I sold myself so hard, which was apparently a turn-off. Ah well.

I don't want to throw bowmore under the bus. He was a friend and he voted for me. Bowmore and Dhaes are my best friends outa this besides Prop and Skinty. I do think Bowmore would back me up though when I say I did every single thing possible to change his mind. That's not a lie or bsing or whatever.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I needed one more vote to tie it, Dhaes. Sorry. Thanks though. You rock.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have a terrible fear of windshipper's wrath, but because I still have this game in my head I wanna mention the bad idea he hated, just in case anyone is curious and hasn't heard it yet...

the idea was for him or Skinty to tell Majuju that we were thinking of voting for him, but the target had moved elsewhere because of the idol and he was safe. Then, mid-tribal council, I'd be like: "Guys, let's change our vote up! I'm calling an audible!" I thought it'd be fun to see if it'd confuse people and make Majuju second guess where to play his idol and possibly help us flush it. If not, no harm done, right? Mostly I was excited at the idea of having mid-tribal drama when no one can talk outside the thread and it seemed like it would be really cool.

If anyone doesn't think that's an enormously fun idea just from an entertainment standpoint alone, then I think that's just a difference in personalities. That's the thing, I had lots of ideas where I said: "Wouldn't it be so cool if (crazy and outside-the-box idea)?" Meanwhile, a more grounded person could certainly feel the idea was goofy and far-fetched. Different strokes I guess, but in any case, I don't know why one proposed scheme that was shot down and that we never attempted made me forever an idiot in your mind, windshipper. Non-idiots can have bad ideas sometimes, too.

Majuju: Because we really never have actually talked, isn't the bitterness between us actually kind of silly? I don't think we know each other well enough to really have firm opinions of one another, or to back up the things we've said about each other. Sorry if I crossed a line or was just generally not cool.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 3, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I liked Prop's closing speech, how it totally threw shade on me and Ice. Also it was pretty slick to drop that in at the end so I couldn't bite her style with an attack of my own, or respond (even though I had preemptively covered a lot of it). If I could copy her, or if I'd had the killer instinct to come up with that kind of speech, I think I would have done it something like this:

quote:

Propaganda Machine, all the Durfs only made it through the shuffle because of Byers bringing in bowmore and Chili's failed maneuvers, not because of you. Propaganda Machine, the only reason any of you survived deep into the merge is because Byers brought back Winson, you didn't do that. You rode along on moves made by Byers and the loyalty of the Durf tribe, and then you yourself got busted scheming against Durf in your machinations against Byers. Propaganda Machine, why should we vote for you when your "biggest" "move" was an aborted stunt with windshipper and Skinty that failed spectacularly?

I think I did hint at all those points throughout my jury answers but really putting it together in a big attack like that might've been cool, props to Prop for actually doing that in her remarks... and despite that hypothetical attack on her game, I do think she's a deserving winner and would have made other plays if things had panned out in different ways. I'm just Monday Morning Quarterbacking myself here, I think I want to express things I could have done differently so I can finally stop thinking about this game entirely and put it behind me.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

After talking with a few jury members I've pretty much accepted that my closing argument lost me the game but, like I said before, at that point I was so burnt out from being sick and from us having gone for three hours and even if I had been able to give a better one I'm not sure it would have been enough to save me.

Plus I'm pretty sure I had the best (sorry Majuju!) and worst (you're welcome Windshipper:v:) moment in the season so I can hang my hat on that.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that was rethinking my performance and second guessing after the fact. Cheers Ice

Majuju posted:

Fun fact windshipper sent me a PM before that council telling me the vote was on me, that you guys figured I was going to idol Prop Machine, and that you knew Byers had immunity from the auction. I would have totally trusted this except for one critical error (see if you can spot it!) and I called him out in a confessional for this that was WAY too harsh and I regret the tone of it now.

And speaking of, yeah this is a feud based out of next to nothing, mostly me using my clutch first-juror privilege to poo poo-disturb because I became an instrument of TRUE CHAOS long ago. I am willing to cop to my part (particularly in escalating to nuclear) and apologize: I'm sorry for all the feudin', let's bury this hatchet.
Cool

And yeah bowmore had the immunity necklace and didn't tell any of us so windshipper may have really thought Byers had it. I asked him (bowmore) if he got anything good by PM but he didn't answer! Byers apparently got a picture of a slug or something? I forget. Is that the flaw of what he said or did you spot something different?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 3, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

We (Durf) actually knew almost immediately after the auction that Bowmore had the idol because it was literally the only item at the Auction that hadn't been revealed.
Haha y'all knew more than we did. We didn't know that, so winds wasn't necessarily trying to lie to you guys on that front. Bowmore wasn't very talkative.

IcePhoenix posted:

It's not so much rethinking as much as regret. I felt like I killed it in the questions phase (the vista seemed to agree) but couldn't clinch it with my closing. Obviously with more time to think about it I know what I should have said, but knowing what state I was in when it happened I'm still accepting of it.
I regret being too drunk to even remember what happened. It's not like I'm drinking all the time or during any of the challenges for that matter so I dunno what happened, culmination of 45 days of a stressful game plus having already had a few watching US-Belgium which incidentally went into overtime and prevented me from working on jury speeches along with some personal stuff that came up with a friend :shobon:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 3, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

We (Durf) actually knew almost immediately after the auction that Bowmore had the idol because it was literally the only item at the Auction that hadn't been revealed.

e: I think I actually said something to that effect at tribal?

Majuju posted:

Byers didn't even take part in the auction, he missed the challenge entirely.
Nah, Byers got a secret item PM'd to him
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632295&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=52#post430478676

Like I said I think it was a photo of a slug

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Majuju posted:

Somebody missed it I thought! Oh well!
Dhaes dropped out without buying anything

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:laffo:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pander posted:

Were you/the goog active socially?

I can't tell if it'd set you up to win in FTC or if people would disdain you for not 'playing the game properly'.
Maltose was pretty active but Bowmore and Chili were both friends with Dhaes so there wasn't much room for him to hide.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In real Survivor, the guy who comes to mind is Gabe, he said he was there for the adventure or something, he told his tribe he was with them but he didn't want to talk strategy, and they got nervous and booted him ahead of some people from the other tribe. Actually that was kind of unnecessary of them but yeah, didn't work for the no strategy guy.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Then again I was way too wound up in that game. I was so far in my own head I couldn't justify why I deserved to win. I may have gripes with the way awful survivor juries tend to vote but I couldn't do myself any favors.
Great score on that Endurance flash game though. :shobon: Scary to see y'all still analyzing that season, looks like it's a year old now, means I've got plenty of that to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Skinty McEdger posted:

Seriously the non Durf googledoc was about as quiet and as removed from my experiences in any other doc in the game so I totally get why Winson would have felt like that. It didn't feel as much like home as the De doc ever had been, and it was about as service like as you could possibly get.
Imagine the pre-shuffle hurf doc!

• Locked thread