Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If there isn't a question at tribal that sets me up for the new phrase I want to coin I'm going to be disappointed in all of you.

Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 4

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For CapnAndy, Majuju, and IcePhoenix

This is your first time to tribal council, what do you expect to occur tonight? What preparations need to be made knowing a member of your tribe will no longer be around after tonight?

I expect that at least one person will be surprised by the vote tonight. but really, when you're on a new tribe you will always have scrambling and reassurances as new lines are drawn. I'm sure everyone thinks they're safe. As far as preparations go, trying to stay one step ahead of the game is always your goal. But sometimes if you're not staying in the moment of the game you can miss things as well that ruin your future plans.

quote:

For everyone

Honest opinion from you guys, when you look at the new people in your tribe, do you think that they're looking at the tribe as if its one brand new family, or are they just hanging on to be reuinited with their original tribe? Where do lines really run, and what moves should be taken to further your own game since you really can't be completely trusting of these new people?

I think some people want to look at it as a new family, but there are always clear lines drawn when you merge like this. Would I like to be reunited with my old tribe? Sure. With my old tribe I was never here. Why would I not want that? As far as furthuring your game goes, you need not look farther than the former durfs. Hurf and De have both been to two tribals. Lines have been drawn and alliances formed out of neccessity in their former tribes. Trust has been earned or shattered. But at my old camp, we had the benefit of just going back to camp and having a big CircleDurf while the other tribes had to deal with Tribal. We don't have strong alliances because we haven't been tested. To me, that makes it easy to not only gain a really easy majority, but also to maneuver yourself into a stronger position because we can't really have any strong loyalties yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Did people talk after the tribal council started? What was that about?

Someone sent me a PM

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dhaes posted:

Yeah, that was me. I hadn't checked the thread / realized it started yet and IcePhoenix got hit tits in a twist about a PM I sent saying "if you want to ask me something, just ask" in response to some 5 paragraph cryptic conspiracy theory bullshit he sent me.

On that note, if anyone wants to ask me something, just ask rather than sending me 5 paragraphs of cryptic conspiracy theory bullshit.

You seem slightly perturbed, brother.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byers2142 posted:

You should submit the 5 paragraphs of cryptic conspiracy theory bullshit as a confessional so that the Viewers can enjoy it.

He was absolutely right that it was bullshit but I can't remember what I wrote because I was just making it up as I went along.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JEFF YOU ARE LATE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

Is it me?

Well you didn't miss your turn in a time sensitive challenge so I guess so.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Durf it's a shame you can't see the :iceburn: Skinty just dropped in our camp

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

Gross. It seems discolored and kind of lumpy.

I thought we already stopped talking about YPM

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your Personal Muse posted:

I look like a greek god

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

This is the right idea.

If the thing is "pairs" and there are 10 pairs and 16 things all by themselves is the answer 10 or 18

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't understand the point of removing the image since anyone counting won't be refreshing the page.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byers2142 posted:

Nope, I asked, point goes to person less over.

But that's not basic PIR rules

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

But it was explicitly stated...

look we lost the point so let me argue it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

I really am, because I re-read Skinty's IM and he actually guessed 7! I had YPM's PM open and thought it was Skinty because of the wrestle-tar. His avatar brings doom upon one tribes hopes again, score is adjusted to 2-0 Hurf. Apologies everyone.

nevermind, good rule mods, it prevents the challenge from going too long

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you zoom in 2000x there's a hidden one skiing down that mountain in the background

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byers2142 posted:

Hey, have I mentioned being colorblind? Because if I have to count red balloons, my answer's literally going to be "KISS MY rear end."

just answer 99

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Winson_Paine posted:

Until someone gets 5

so five :smuggo:

Majuju posted:

First team to 5 points so possibly ten?

it would max out at 9

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

are you loving kidding me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

none of those are bundles I win

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Winson_Paine posted:

You and I are squaring off is all I know

you've actually got one more person participating than we do so nope

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Winson_Paine posted:

Yes that is why I am facing Andy instead of your phantom fifth.

phantom sixth!

none of us can count anymore

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

1bun·dle
noun \ˈbən-dəl\

: a group of things that are fastened, tied, or wrapped together

none of these things are true of that image

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

windshipper posted:

Seriously. They're all cut apart.

or just grown together

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

it went by my sample size suggestion of a bundle.

We have evidence that you're not of sound mind, I propose Asiina takes over this ship

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CapnAndy posted:

Your sample size was a "stack"

and I win that since there was one stack if that's what you meant

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

i agree! I literally had rules and sample sizes for this challenge worked out in the pre-season, scribbled in my notebook and I cannot read my handwriting and I'm misusing terms! Asiina takes over for round two!

Also, Majuju and Byers both answered one, but Majuju got his answer in first, he gets the point.

please either throw out round four or give us the point since you have no clue what you were talking about

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

Okay, so here are the rules. The sample image will be "here is a <noun> of something" and then the picture will be a lot more of that something and I will ask "how many <noun>s of something are in this picture?" So you are counting groups.

So the pile round is fine, the stack/bundle/bunch round doesn't count.

Thank you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I gazed into the maw of bundles and only then did I know true despair

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Winson_Paine posted:

Gonna go do this soon make the next round go

Read him/her the dictionary for his/her bedtime story

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think he has a girl.

HOW HE GWON VOTE FOR YOU Y'ALL AIN'T EVEN KNOW HIM.

We were torn apart by the cruel fates of this game before we could truly get to know each other

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byers2142 posted:

Next challenge spotted! Remember, YPM, you're our captain.

Hey that's an unfair advantage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm on a 1920x1080 monitor and that broke my tables

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CapnAndy posted:

BOOTSTRAP A BIGGER MONITOR AND SUCK IT UP, COWBOY

I CAN'T DO IT CAPN, SHE DON'T HAVE THE POWER

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

THIS SHITSHOW OF A CHALLENGE IS OVER!

Truly we are all winners today.

Especially Hurf, because we won.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

:mad:

Alright guys, take the time and read through the rules in the OP. I know there's a lot of them, but they are important to make sure the game is fair.

This is going to be your only warning.

Don't make me send rabid John Cena after you.

it's ok I live in an apartment building which means he'd have to count to find me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are we PMing answers or just posting them in the thread for everyone to see and copy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Winson_Paine posted:

You mean to see and get mad about

I don't care if he reveals the answers after everyone sent them in but copying is a legit strategy imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My answer is Winson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In the interest of making this go faster and CLEARLY not for inherently obvious other reasons I'll double up on Dhaes.

Also lol at Winson getting it right.

• Locked thread