Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'll do the White Sox, league wide DH please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pander posted:

Did anyone else not have Mike Trout as #1?

Also: Chicago White Sox getting Chris Sale = :3:
Depending on how the ratings flesh out, Sale is a top 5-10 starter with random distribution. My last OOTP15 file he was a 10/8/8. With injuries off, he should be great.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can someone link to the spreadsheet

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mornacale posted:

There's a dude on the board that has already fallen far enough that I expect him to be the best value in the entire draft.

e: In real baseball, I don't know or care about OOTP.

e2: Miguel Sano is a Real Bad Draft Pick no offense
Why is he a bad draft pick if you know nothing about OOTP?

I've started 10-15 OOTP15 games and he's got ML ready talent in every single one. That's the game overrating him, not me. It would take a really pessimistic ratings distribution from IcePhoenix to make him not good.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 19, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Even though Sano has good ratings from OOTP, I still think it would be cool to see him play 162 game season with no injuries. I am assembling a lineup of people I think to be cool. I will probably pick more prospects so I am sorry in advance.

It isn't like he's insultingly far away either. Pre-Injury he probably could have made the Twins by next year. People were even speculating that he could have been a Sept call up this year, but with the super two fetish going on, I doubt it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cespedes finally picked. Was hoping he'd come back around

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I like Alex Gordon a lot.

I did not think he would go this early.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think everyone wanted Moore this round

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When does the timer run out on Toronto?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I will consider my gimmick draft a success if I get nobody over the age of 30

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Carlos Quentin was my next round pick, I was hoping people would forget about him

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

OOTP 13 made Sean O' Sullivan an elite level 2B/SS/OF Ben Zobrist type player who played for 15 years and made the Hall of Fame

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Maybin is a good pick

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

seiferguy posted:

Real quick - how bad are positional adjustments if I were to say... switch a 3rd basemen to 2nd?
Depends on who it is. In OOTP land if someone is great defensively at one infield position, they can learn the new position over the course of a season (it might not be pretty though). It all depends on their stats - range, arm, errors, etc. Since this is only a one season sim, I wouldn't recommend it unless doing career play.

However, depending on what player it is, they might already have aptitude at that position.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Prozach posted:

This IS just one year, right? The number of prospects being taken is shocking to me.
Baby team will prevail or die trying.

angrygodofjebus posted:

who the gently caress is C.J. Cron
The Angels new Mark Trumbo. Has power, can only play 1B/DH.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

My reasoning for taking Javier Baez is that he's a lottery ticket. If he gets a good roll he might hit as well enough to be worth it, if he doesn't, well I'll just have to draft someone who can man SS later. Archie Bradley is basically the same idea: if he completely busts I'll move him to LR or something, but I think that the possible upside is worth gambling on.
This is a fake thing for fun, just pick who you want to. Don't need to explain it to anybody

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Weird, I never got a notification that someone posted. Sorry for taking so long

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bunch of old fogies hating on Team Youth because it reminds them of their imminent death

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What's the PECOTA and ZIPS for Kris Bryant?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope 8 people can pick by the time I leave work today

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The forums have also been rear end for the last 2 days

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We should just go chaos for the last round and first come first serve

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I was just coming to that conclusion as a 'lets get this draft over with' and the 25th guy likely won't matter for a lot of teams. It's taking 1-2 days just to get the 23rd pick in. If people could post whenever, it might speed things up.

That was my only line of thinking.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The goal is to make IcePhoenix lose his poo poo by the end.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Post them in the thread I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought about going to a 4 man rotation, but I have so many pitchers. Especially with no injuries, there's no downside.

• Locked thread