Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

marshmallow creep posted:

A little amused to see her boyfriend, a former NFL player training to be an Olympian, decides to jump in on the Boston Marathon because if she can do it then obviously he can do it without any marathon training, and then he only barely scrapes by the finish line while she's been done for over an hour.

Well he did do it without any training which is hell of impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

joat mon posted:

And he turned into a frikkin whiner after he checked the race manager

Later, Karma strikes:

Yet she married him the next year, which lasted 5 years

It was the only wedding where the bride had to wait ages for the groom to walk down the aisle.

VV No, he was too slow.

Nutsak has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Feb 5, 2024

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

joat mon posted:

quote:

He screamed after me, “I’d never leave you!”

Did he leave her?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

joat mon posted:

Later, Karma strikes:

How has this movie never been made?! The race official chasing her down, the attack, the "breakup", etc all in the course of a single marathon. I'd watch it!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ommin posted:

How has this movie never been made?! The race official chasing her down, the attack, the "breakup", etc all in the course of a single marathon. I'd watch it!

'Do you want to marry me? Yes__, No___, Overtake___'

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Just a little more badassery, as a 70 year-old, she ran the 2017 Boston marathon, finishing in 4:44

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

joat mon posted:

Later, Karma strikes:

yelling "id never leave you :qq:" after doing just that is very lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Super tough athlete man is actually an insecure cry baby inside, shocking.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Still glad that big motherfucker floored the race manager guy though

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ommin posted:

It really is that simplistic, huh. I thought they were trying to say there was some physiological danger to women or something. I way overthought it. lol

The (sexist) explanation I remember hearing was something along the lines of "Physical exertion might compress the internal (baby making) organs of the gentile female form. Therefore: no"

freeedr posted:

Even a broken jock can be right twice a day

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

CzarChasm posted:

The (sexist) explanation I remember hearing was something along the lines of "Physical exertion might compress the internal (baby making) organs of the gentile female form. Therefore: no"
This is what I was hoping for, well hope is probably not the right word. I just find the absurd ways that people justify their prejudices fascinating. It really is the strangest form of magical thinking.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CzarChasm posted:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Interestingly enough, there's evidence that women are consistently better ultramarathon runners than men, at least within some age brackets.

"Better" in terms of stamina, efficiency, sustained pace, iirc

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Feb 6, 2024

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Interestingly enough, there's evidence that women are consistently better ultramarathon runners than men, at least within some age brackets.

"Better" in terms of stamina, efficiency, sustained pace, iirc

:biotruths:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’ve been absolutely dominated by women before

Can’t afford that in this economy though

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CzarChasm posted:

Excellent punmanship

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

freeedr posted:

I’ve been absolutely dominated by women before

Can’t afford that in this economy though

Discount Domme is a pretty slick username tho

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

freeedr posted:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnsgaaDEFs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wow hell yea thats amazing

i remember a bunch of those breaks but not nearly half

got this one in related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCOww92r3Lc

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 20:45 on Feb 9, 2024

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Not NWS or NMS, but I'll just link it since some people don't like seeing nature being natural.

Orca Absolutely Starches a Shark

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:drat:
:stare:

I've snorkeled around sharks and will again but you will not get me in the water in orca territory

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Feb 24, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They're such giant pricks lmao. That's why I root for the cum whales

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

:drat:
:stare:

I've snorkeled around sharks and will again but you will not get me in the water in orca territory

Well, the only people ever killed by an orca are when the whale was in captivity. Zero verifiable deaths by a wild orca ever. Even when orcas have attacked and sunk boats, they show little interest to the people who jumped off the boat into the water. Even bites are almost non-existent, with such instances usually being the whale wanting to feel something with it's mouth, much like a baby does.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Beluga, they are like the Scott Steiner of whales

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Love the belugas. Always wanted to touch their melon once I found out they're way squishier than would appear. They look like they'd be taught and semi-rigid, like a tire, but apparently like a balloon.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Well, the only people ever killed by an orca are when the whale was in captivity. Zero verifiable deaths by a wild orca ever. Even when orcas have attacked and sunk boats, they show little interest to the people who jumped off the boat into the water. Even bites are almost non-existent, with such instances usually being the whale wanting to feel something with it's mouth, much like a baby does.

Yeah I know, but I distrust things that are both smarter and have bigger teeth than me.

Also free willy terrified me when I was a kid so that may have something to do with it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

They're such giant pricks lmao. That's why I root for the cum whales

The cum whales get a bad rap. They're highly developed, complex creatures that may even have their own sort of language when communicating with other cum whales.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

theyre just smart enough to hide the evidence

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Biplane posted:

The cum whales get a bad rap. They're highly developed, complex creatures that may even have their own sort of language when communicating with other cum whales.

Am I still in the Star Citizen thread?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Yeah I know, but I distrust things that are both smarter and have bigger teeth than me.

Also free willy terrified me when I was a kid so that may have something to do with it.

You're smarter than a whale. But smarts don't always beat size, so your point still stands.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Robobot posted:

You're smarter than a whale.

Have you ever read my posts

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Have you ever read an orca's posts? All they wanna talk about is swimming, fish, and Shadowheart Origin playthroughs of Baldur's Gate 3. They're exhausting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I like Beluga, they are like the Scott Steiner of whales

First time I ever saw belugas in person was at the Vancouver aquarium, and one of em had a fuckin three foot erection

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A non-loving three foot erection sounds like some kind of monkey's paw curse situation so it sounds like everything was working out for them

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://x.com/quendergeer/status/1760930321518784521?s=20

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

blessed AF. and for those wondering the speaker isn't saying anything more interesting than "crow, let go of the flag!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phy posted:

First time I ever saw belugas in person was at the Vancouver aquarium, and one of em had a fuckin three foot erection

Whaddup "peeped a whales erection at Vancouver Aquarium" bro.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Fell the forest that harbors the tree that holds this bird's nest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

By popular demand posted:

blessed AF. and for those wondering the speaker isn't saying anything more interesting than "crow, let go of the flag!"

I think I also caught him calling it an anarchist?