Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

GWBBQ posted:

The orange paint on the fuel tanks is formulated to attract free hydrogen in the atmosphere and to hold it there burning in a controlled manner rather than risk forming bubbles or pockets of hydrogen in the atmosphere that could explode.

The rocket is supposed to be on fire. It's a safety feature.

I was reading along, looking at the pictures and thinking "why the gently caress do they bother painting it if it's going to be on fire a second later", and hit your explanation right on cue. Science is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Man gets hip replaced, asks the doctor for his femur, makes a cane out of it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Istari posted:

e: found it:

tl;dr Orthopedic surgeon calls bullshit

Welp, that'll teach me to trust the internet. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

VendaGoat posted:

I'll be in the angry dome!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I choose to believe this is the same cat:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
A friend of mine got one last year:

Still some work left to be done (it's an original '60something German one), but so far so good.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Inzombiac posted:

Does your friend have the last name of Diaz? Because if so, I may know his brother.
That's a radical bug in my favorite color scheme.

Once my dad told me a story about when he was in college, one if his roommates drove out for a month with his girlfriend in her car. He refused to pay rent and didn't really warn anyone of the trip.

He and the remaining tenants cleaned out his room, broke down his VW Bug and rebuilt it in his room.

Surprisingly the guy has a good laugh and slept in it for two weeks.

Ah, no, not the same guy then. It's really pretty, but he's had to put a lot of work into it; we tried to warn him it was going to be more of a project than an ready-to-go car but he wanted to get it anyway. Nothing really major, luckily, so he gets to use it regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Dog Case posted:

I thought that was Toyota pickups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTPnIpjodA8