Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

a few years back me and a buddy saw a squirrel miss a branch and plummet to its death on a sidewalk. another dude also saw it and was shaken by it pretty bad. he said "should..should we call someone??" and I said "naw man a crow will be along pretty soon" and he was not happy with that answer.

This paragraph was narrated by the ghost of Mitch Hedburg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

You know what, that's exactly what I said

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beve Stuscemi posted:

This except for its romcoms and period pieces.

It's a shame someone already put zombies in Austen, because Pride and Predators

E: obviously that's the fan nickname and it's called John McTiernan's Pride and Prejudice or something, can't give away the whole game right in the title

Phy has a new favorite as of 05:12 on Jun 6, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

It's all AI voices and scripts now

Best use of the Tiktok Lady voice I ever heard was reading AM's hate monologue from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Venomouse

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Smart kid. Some unsavoury goon could see your child's stick stash & try to rob him.

In the industry we call that a stick-em-up

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

The story of humanity in a nutshell.

Yeah I mean as that stick arcs around to wallop your ankle you can almost hear Also Sprach Zarathustra intermixed with the sociopathic toddler giggles

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

wakka wakka posted:

This is why inciting a fight is known as "starting poo poo"

Hippos mark territory by swinging their tail around and around while making GBS threads violently, so that the poo poo is further spread by their tail. this is known as "the poo poo hitting the fan"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

i saw a biker whip another biker with the lock chains from his motorcycle once, but it just made some really ugly noises. no whipcracks.

I played Road Rash 2 a lot in the 90s as well

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I like Beluga, they are like the Scott Steiner of whales

First time I ever saw belugas in person was at the Vancouver aquarium, and one of em had a fuckin three foot erection

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

His body was pickled in liquor in a lead casket.

It took years of work to find it a century later. It’s far, far more effort than the criminal deserved.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/naval-history-magazine/2012/january/resurrection-john-paul-jones

Ohh that John Paul Jones, I thought you meant the bass player from Zeppelin (who is also not dead?? I must have conflated him with John Entwhistle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Louis Tully the next time someone brought a dog to his party