Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
This is a wolverine. They are also known as skunk bears, nastycats or quickhatches, goddamn

My friend and I were curious why they were reputed to be such badasses, so we looked up some youtube videos and it quickly became my new favorite animal.

I saw a video of one attacking a bear who wandered into his area. I saw a video of a wolverine chasing off two fully grown wolves from a fresh kill and then chowing down. To paraphrase wikipedia: In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated. Holy loving poo poo. These things weigh like 50 lbs. They're medium dog sized. If you were impressed by the honey badger then this is a hulked out version of that.

This is a loving badass critter and I can't wait to learn more about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Automatic Slim posted:

Japanese tend to have a higher rate of stomach cancer than Americans.

Really? What's the reason for this?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I know a crap ton of people who are short as gently caress and for that reason decided to get gorilla jacked. I'd never want to fight a short muscley guy, it'd be like throwing down with the Wolverine.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I can't tell what the scale is, but is that housecat armor?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Since he broke that historic record, he's actually one of the strongest men that's EVER lived.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

And now "smiling fat guy by casket" is in my search history forever.

He loving did it, didn't he.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The Midniter posted:

And no SR-71? For shame, shadow puppet of a. For shame.

The SR-71 is truly cool as gently caress.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Two Finger posted:

ahhhh, i didn't know this but that makes sense too - it's a loving great story in any form, i'd be dressing it up a bit too

A good story deserves embellishment, as the man said.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

dpack_1 posted:

I clicked. International Copyright Law is a joke.

Agreed. INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE DAMMIT. Let me see the cool man jump out of the plane already.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Also chiming in that AoS is pretty good, in my opinion. Very dynamic and has a great cast. Gotta check the new season out. I love that this show always takes you to places you'd never except them to go.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Aw he's gonna die in his 30s-40s isn't he? :smith:

When he dies, his body will still be clutching his battleaxe and he'll be surrounded by heaps of his enemies' corpses.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

Simmunitions are the worst, I was the active shooter in some drills a local police department did a few years ago and I was covered in welts and bruises despite body armor and lots of clothing. I felt pretty badass at first as I was skipping around popping random shots off until I turned a corner and got absolutely lit up by 3 officers. Then we ran the scenario another five times...

Hah, my buddy did some similar training with sim rifles. Some guy turned the corner and blasted my friend almost point blank in the back and sides. He got bruised pretty bad and actually still has some scars on his sides where there was no plate protection.

Anyway they should do dueling with these
http://www.fnherstal.com/primary-menu/products-capabilities/less-lethal/general/product/255/254/255/3/_/fn-303R.html

It's basically a compressed air launcher that fires big rear end slugs of paint or irritating powder.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Wow. I love this.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Roro posted:

Fair point. The first response from my friends/family was "that's so cruel and gross! Why would they do that?" which set my hackles up for posting it here I guess.

Tell them that hundreds of thousands of chickens die every day to become meat, but not this chicken. This chicken was born and became a science chicken.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

This is the future that was promised us.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The body is a flesh meat puppet Gundam which is being driven by the tiny man inside aka the brain. Which is a piece of meat haunted by a ghost called a soul. We're all just haunted meat suits, can't we just get along :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Hahaha both of those videos are great. I love how nonplussed the ZOMBIE SKIN girl is while she's singing.