Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Or just given them the food without making it something more than helping their fellow man in a time of need. But maybe I'm just jaded from the years of youtubers using homeless people as props in their quest for fame and not actually doing anything to support the underlying issues.

Well, I'm jaded by all the people who don't give a single poo poo about charity unless it includes a snappy slogan or recognizable picture, so I'm A ok with them Dump-ing away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wierdly slow way to break a neck, but ok.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Brb, Imma gently caress up a lion.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Phosphine posted:

Is it also the word for hamster? In Swedish they're the same, hoarding essentially being the verb form of hamster.

Konfirmed.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

:magical:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A very sheepist comment indeed

Wouldn't a sheepist be someone who's really into sheep? Or is that a sheepicist?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

UncleButts posted:

Yeah, it's pretty clear to us that he's joking, but the joke could go straight over some folks heads.

Then if they stop wondering who cool Onewheel guitar man is, Chavis Flagg gets less eyeballs. So not ill intentioned, but could absolutely reduce hype for the lesser known artist.

On the other hand, a famous artist commented on his skills. A guy with lots of fans. Who might check this guy out now.

Jesus, you guys.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jedit posted:

You are go too far!

Fixed.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

....Germans surf?

Even though all Surf Nazis have died, we still have many non-Nazis surfers, yes.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Monkeys: "We're hosed!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Inceltown posted:

There is CO2 in the coke you know.

I don't know. I don't want to know!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That hummingbird is pretty lucky his good friend saved him from a lethal fall :shobon:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BigHead posted:

I thought the Rock was Doomguy in the bad DOOM? Also they're all bad.

The Rock was in the movie and turned into a Star Trek alien that fought Doomguy at the end.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Aaaaand we are back on topic.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Michelangelo may have been an actual wizard

No, Donatello is the wizard.

The tech wizard.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Sharks, Alligators and Big Cats all love to remind us that evolution honed them into perfect predators millions of years before some overdeveloped ape figured out the spear.
:krakentoot:

Yeah, but then you got get to be smug and ask them about the spear.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

Chickens can gently caress up a person and that's after literal millenia of us breeding them to be as stupid and delicious as possible.

Well, if that person does not overcome the thought that this is a doofy lil chicken and punts it to the horizon.

I'm always a tad amused by the unwarranted humbleness of people when they talk about how geese and stuff can mess you up. You don't have to feel bad just because you can theoretically kill a chicken with a kick.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Phosphine posted:

Have you ever seen someone try to kick a football, and miss the ball? This is a thing that happens. Now imagine the ball can move, and is currently attacking you, instead of staying still at optimal kicking-reach. Good luck!

I would hope that most people pull a full Charlie Brown when they miss. If they did, yeah the chicken would gently caress them up.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

It happened about five years ago so you be the loving judge.

You go and gently caress up those birds, then. Avenge me!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I'm getting a bit queasy thinking about all the ways this could have gone wrong, but the way it did play out was great.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hm, this seems familiar. Wait a moment...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The Bloop posted:

I enjoyed the matrix sequels

I don't need something to be perfect to enjoy the good parts of it. The bad parts weren't even that bad, just baffling

I have grown fonder of them over time. At least they are interesting and weird in a number of ways where many other movies are just bland.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

Just because the script was a mess and the story made no sense and it was chocked full of forgettable characters and bad scenes with no clear direction and no one can remember anything about it after the credits finish rolling (except the bafflingly bad parts) doesn't mean its bad!

It doesn't have to be perfect, guys! Also, what loving thread am I in?

But enough about Star Wars 7-9!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pookah posted:

Apparently Queen Elizabeth doesn't like garlic, so all the meals served in Buckingham Palace are sans garlic, even though the standard cuisine served at state events there is 'classic french'. Prince Phillip reportedly likes curries but he can't ever have a curry just for himself if he's eating with her because she's the Queen and everyone has to eat what she's having because Protocol.

I'm pretty sure stuff like that has been baked into the foundations of royalty as an institution just so people like me can go "lol" at the most privileged people on earth. It's like they carefully revised a handbook to cause themselves some many minor unpleasantries to even out their vast wealth and exploitation of everybody else.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jedit posted:

Regarding British food and lack of seasoning - it's actually because we hate the French. They are very proud of their cuisine, but we see it as them having to fool around with fancy sauces to hide the fact that their meat is often high (or in some cases, named "Dobbin"). In Britain fresh meat is more readily obtained and so the natural flavour can be enjoyed.

That's also the source of our respective national insults. We call the French "frogs" because they eat weird poo poo including but not restricted to frogs, and they call us "rosbif" because we eat - oh, the horror! - roast beef with no special preparation.

I thought the French had occupied England for a while, hogging all the good meat. That's also why all the English words for meat on the table are derived from French, while the words for meat on the meadows are from the Old English that was used before the French stole all your meat.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Dang that's some impressive legwork.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sounds like more excuses to me

Yeah, as a layman I read stuff like "causing her to gain such a huge lead that she was well out of sight and off the track by the time second place arrived" and think well, apparently she rode her bike better than the others. There might be more technical stuff to that particular version of competition, but that is utterly uninteresting for me as a spectator. If it is within the rules, the others should suck it up and learn from it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Some people get itchy when they read or hear about lice. That crater is giving me toothache.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

I have heard (but cannot confirm) that macuahuitls were mostly a prestige and ceremonial weapon, because if you actually used it in battle you'd subsequently have to replace a bunch of the blades which was both expensive and a pain in the rear end.

Otoh, if your enemies know you use one in battle, you will have to fight fewer battles.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Imagine four balls…

That's two dudes!

Or four Hitlers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Olewithmilk posted:

Goddamn, the duality of man. The dude just peacing out on the left must feel rough next to the coolest guy alive.

He does the correct thing of trying to get behind the cool guy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Just put a Hulk on the track, where is the problem?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Sincereley,

your grammar nazi

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

"How would I convince a hippo to back down off a fence?" is not a question I've ever pondered before 30 seconds ago, but I decided immediately that "smack it in the face" is not my answer.

The way he goes from its one side to the othe and back between slaps really makes it look like he knows what he is doing. Maybe the hippo thinks it's being smacked by different people and backs down because "Oh poo poo, they got superior numbers!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cursed would have been if there was a person at the top of the tree

Or a sloth. I'd be "Flee, sloth, flee!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Yes, all the time, for centuries that was the only way to make a gun you could shoot more than once was to glue several guns together.

Giving you in that case, obviously, a gun that you can shoot twice, because it shoots seven barrels at once.

"I'm not boring, my gun has two barrels!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2en0G1igg

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Should have kept the clip going for another minute for when the others arrive.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Either way your hucked

Huck life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

if you fall off the standing wave do you just eat poo poo for several miles?

Don't be silly, waves are made of water. If you falloff,you just kind of, like, dive down and swim to safety.