Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I was just about to make a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Tracula posted:

Is this from some sci-fi game or an actual Russian prototype tank design?

It's concept art from Red Alert 2.

E: Trying to find that tank that was like 3 T-34s attached front to back with three turrets and a katyusha rack on it now.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Nov 3, 2014

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Excellent! Fun fact, they built two prototypes. The first one shot itself with one of the lower turrets, the second snapped in half crossing a ravine!

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Nov 7, 2014

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I found the infographic!

Also, speaking of the KV-2...

Wikipedia posted:

When Operation Barbarossa began, the Red Army was equipped with 508 new KV tanks.[23] So effective was its armour that the Germans were incapable of destroying it with their tanks or anti-tank weapons and had to rely on 88 mm anti-aircraft guns (flak) or 105 mm guns to knock them out. Only a few of these tanks were used to good effect, but one event of the Battle of Raseiniai was a notable example. On 23–24 June, a single KV-2 effectively pinned down elements of the 6th Panzer Division – the spearhead of Panzergruppe 4 – for a full day at the bridgeheads of the Dubysa river near Raseiniai, Lithuania, playing a prominent role in delaying the German advance on Leningrad and destroying around two dozen German tanks.[24]

The reason it has that huge goofy turret is because it was equipped with a 155mm howitzer.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Since this is now PYF stupid tank, the T-35!

Five turrets. One 76mm cannon, two 45mm cannons, and six machine guns.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Gymnasts hate him

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

cowboythreespeech posted:

Is that the ghost of Lassie watching over that jet?

Stay safe Doge ghost

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Ozz81 posted:

gently caress retiring the A-10 - keep it around, make more of them, and scrap the useless million-dollar shitpiles that the military has been cranking out over the last 2 decades. When a vehicle or equipment lasts that long and has such a badass service record, you do NOT retire it, let alone stop making it, unless you're 100% helmet-wearing, sub-40 IQ retarded.

But you don't get billions in design contracts for making something that works :v:.

Though, I'm kinda happy with anything that makes the US military less effective.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Davfff posted:

Oh god Philosophy 101 is spilling out of the meme thread

Someone post that there philosophy raptor maymay.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

JoelJoel posted:

Amateurs. Have some Bad rear end Sport.

Well, it is bad. And rear end.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

shadow puppet of a posted:

Bad rear end vehicles, if by bad rear end you mean large, black and angular:

I have a 1GB folder of pictures of interesting and esoteric aircraft.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

KFBR392 posted:

It is, and I don't need to post the Eisenhower quote here, you all know it.

Eisenhower was also a shithead, though. Maybe try a Smedley Butler quote.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

shadow puppet of a posted:

I know right? We should start by sharing pictures of people losing at things graciously and demanding that be the new archetype for badass in defiance of our innate instinctual responses and the warlike nature of humans that has spurred civilization and development from the very beginning.

lol

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Phlegmish posted:

I ain't scared of no orca.

Can they do this?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

dumb. posted:

This one is kind of terrible, but this dude looks motherfucking badass to me:

Supposedly it's a still from an unidentified film, and the Library of Congress is looking for help identifying a bunch of poo poo. Reddit link, sorry in advance: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4poif4/library_of_congress_needs_help_identifying_these/

I prefer this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Good reflexes there, but the really badass thing to do is to properly tie the kegs before moving them.

Manager probably decided that tying them was too expensive and told them to stop.