Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Pardon me gents while I go for a spin on my TANK BIKE

BMW Schneekrad.

Render of a modern day version which sadly never saw the light of day:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That's a 'prosthetic' in the same way that taping a fork to her stump could be considered a prosthetic.

Hell, pop down to the local sex shop and buy a flesh covered silicone hand then hollow out the end and that would look a million times better than that papercraft poo poo she's got on.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cobweb Heart posted:

What an unbelievably lame-rear end post. Ooh, look at the master prosthesis fashionista. You must be a hit at parties. That's not a REAL prosthetic, it's just an inexpensively-manufactured alternative to a device that replaces a missing body part :saddowns:

Yes, I'm a lame-rear end party pooper. And a stinky headed doodoo.

Let's check out what 3D printing can actually do for people who have lost limbs to make their life better.

Hands and arms:

Legs:

These are bad rear end. The one posted by Say Nothing was certainly pretty and I'm sure it's handy* to walk around with a lightweight prosthetic, but given what people are doing right now with 3D printing, pretty is all it is.

* :rimshot:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Man with Hat posted:

I miss that rule in the old thread where we weren't allowed to argue about what's bad rear end and just posted cool poo poo.

Fair enough. I should have just posted the 3D printed stuff and left it at that.

So, in the vein of just posting badass stuff, fire mining:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I have no quarrel with how she did that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
What it looks like to be an eagle flying above Paris and coming in to land:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Wait - is that a tattoo?

That's some very impressive work.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Captain Lavender posted:

Nope. But it is impressive work.

Edit: no way, I don't see it

It took me the longest time to figure out I was actually looking at a forearm.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

blunt for century posted:

Get back to me when there is a motorcycle with a cruise ship engine :colbert:

Get back to me when there is a motorcycle with a supertanker engine :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
How many plates?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm hoping that snake isn't venomous.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Bad rear end and watchable even by the squeemish - First person view drone racing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR4Gq9qfpnM

Goddamn, this looks like so much fun.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
What, you're not a fan of the 'whitest site on the internet'?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

JoelJoel posted:

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. That and how the fire looks like loving magma. Still, pretty metal.

Adding a pinch of lithium chloride gives you a nice deep red flame.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Big.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Say Nothing posted:

Titanic compared to a modern cruise liner.

Gonna repost this one, because modern ships are loving mindbogglingly huge:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mars

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Compressed air? How does he not just end up arse over tit?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
NASA went and made an incredible real colour panorama from the Curiosity on Mars.

Image is link - click for original fullsize.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 13:04 on May 2, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Volcanic sturm und drang.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

C.M. Kruger posted:

One of the stupider things about the LCS hull corrosion issue is that the Australian ferry company building them has tried to blame the Navy for causing the corrosion. "Manufacturer's warranty void if ship is placed in water."

Not to defend the lovely ship company*, but I believe they did originally have cathodic (or is it anodic?) protection on the ships, but because of budgets cuts or price overruns or something they were told to remove them, and a bunch of other stuff, to lower costs.

* there's a reason Australia doesn't buy its own warships from them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just saw a picture the other day of this guy driving a car and he had to have the seat pushed back all the way just to fit in. So, he's no little person.

EDIT - here we go:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just a picture of a dead fish washed up on a beach.

They're bears

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Sterilising the equipment aside, I wouldn't trust a tattoo artist who can't do all the fine motion which can only come from possessing a wrist.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
This is definitely my poo poo.

Watching people who are really good at their job is almost hypnotic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

You know, as stupid as wrestling is, that's a genuinely impressive feat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Doing poo poo like that is why I can never be trusted with a power washer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Roro posted:

The brain is literally the most important part of the human body. It needs all the oxygen and nutrients it can get, which means it needs a hefty blood supply.

It's nutrient and oxygen needs are also ridiculous.

The brain weighs a tiny 1.5kg

Of all the oxygen you breathe and all the nutrients you eat, 20% is used by the brain.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well it's early in the day and they're still just doing the amateur bull tormenting.

The professional stabbing and torturing to death isn't until the afternoon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I don't even have words for this kid.

https://i.imgur.com/4LkyQlp.gifv

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

mind the walrus posted:

Just pay off the dude who programs the Chick E Cheese band

Someone did that once with a bunch of their robots that were sold off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbnN6QmdrH4

There're a whole bunch of videos pretending to be Chuck E Cheese heavy metal, but as far as I can tell, they're just overdubbed. I'm 93% certain this is the real one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I know people with far too much money who buy their cars before they're even bloody built.

Meanwhile, my car is approaching it's 17th birthday and I'm desperately hoping it'll last another year or two before it gets too expensive to drive.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Slugnoid posted:

40 mins of raw footage recorded by a journalist on a ride along with the fire chief, caught in the middle of a massive firestorm while an entire suburb burns to the ground around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFEiwNMrZ8

Orange skies, even when you're somewhere safe, are so unsettling.

Bonus surreal:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jerry Cotton posted:

So... all that time Alf was a documentary?!? Talk about hiding in plain sight. Too bad the other branch of the government got hold of the alien despite being constantly protected by Vining :(

Thank you!

I've been trying to place who this guy reminded me of since the photo was posted and it was driving me quietly nuts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

RabbitWizard posted:

Those wheels are still turning on the outside, right? Then it comes with a free back scratcher at least.

Thinks of them as large, thin bearings. The bike is connected to the insides of the bearings and the outer edge rotates in contact with the ground.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Skippy McPants posted:

I'd go with the hippo. They're both prone to random acts of murder, but size matters and hippos weigh ~3500 pounds to a moose's ~1250.

Hippos are genuinely terrifying when angry and are one of the few animals who will fight to the death during mating season.

Look at those goddamn jaws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

doverhog posted:

This bothers me, because I've used globalist as a term to refer to pro market pro free trade pro capital at any cost people. Hopefully it was clear from the context what I meant and that there was no racial component

Don't feel bad, bigots are always coming up with new terms to hide their evil.

As long as you're not saying globalists with a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, you'll be fine.