Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mostlygray posted:

Moose are freaky big. If you hit a moose when driving, you will be killed and the moose will be grumpy. My mom had a moose cross in front of her once back in the 80's and all she could see was legs in the headlights. She was able to dodge it.

You never realize how big they are unless they're in front of you. They're way more dangerous than a bear or a wolf. See a moose, run away. They get ornery.

yea theyre pretty much nature's freight trains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEhM2Byk7w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jerry Cotton posted:

I literally want to slap the person who edited this - or rather didn't edit the first 1½ minutes out. There's nothing bad-rear end about a dude eating a sandwich while watching a moose that's 100 m away doing fuckall.

its called building tension ya dork

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nope, Pissed Off River Ungulate is at least two orders above it. Pissed Off River Dinosaur is also above it.

what dinosaurs :confused:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Crocodiles/Alligators

:wrong:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:hai:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ekuNNN posted:

(he was reunited with his family, and went on to be a successful minister and his daughter was interviewed in the 30s for the Slave Narratives Project)

Reminded me of this sardonic masterpiece:

quote:

Dayton, Ohio,

August 7, 1865

To My Old Master, Colonel P.H. Anderson, Big Spring, Tennessee

Sir: I got your letter, and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again, promising to do better for me than anybody else can. I have often felt uneasy about you. I thought the Yankees would have hung you long before this, for harboring Rebs they found at your house. I suppose they never heard about your going to Colonel Martin's to kill the Union soldier that was left by his company in their stable. Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt, and am glad you are still living. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again, and see Miss Mary and Miss Martha and Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this. I would have gone back to see you all when I was working in the Nashville Hospital, but one of the neighbors told me that Henry intended to shoot me if he ever got a chance.

I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here. I get twenty-five dollars a month, with victuals and clothing; have a comfortable home for Mandy,—the folks call her Mrs. Anderson,—and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. They go to Sunday school, and Mandy and me attend church regularly. We are kindly treated. Sometimes we overhear others saying, "Them colored people were slaves" down in Tennessee. The children feel hurt when they hear such remarks; but I tell them it was no disgrace in Tennessee to belong to Colonel Anderson. Many darkeys would have been proud, as I used to be, to call you master. Now if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again.

As to my freedom, which you say I can have, there is nothing to be gained on that score, as I got my free papers in 1864 from the Provost-Marshal-General of the Department of Nashville. Mandy says she would be afraid to go back without some proof that you were disposed to treat us justly and kindly; and we have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores, and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor's visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy, and the balance will show what we are in justice entitled to. Please send the money by Adams's Express, in care of V. Winters, Esq., Dayton, Ohio. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future. We trust the good Maker has opened your eyes to the wrongs which you and your fathers have done to me and my fathers, in making us toil for you for generations without recompense. Here I draw my wages every Saturday night; but in Tennessee there was never any pay-day for the negroes any more than for the horses and cows. Surely there will be a day of reckoning for those who defraud the laborer of his hire.

In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. You know how it was with poor Matilda and Catherine. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education, and have them form virtuous habits.

Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.

From your old servant,

Jourdon Anderson.

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/01/to-my-old-master.html

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pondex posted:

Where did he get that engine? I thought radial engines were mostly used on planes.

Maybe he got it from a plane?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LifeSunDeath posted:

But that means....there's a plane up there without an engine, which is not safe at all.

:yeshaha: badass

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

BOOTY-ADE posted:

That’s called a “glider”

self-quote but the subjects are badass imo:

Krankenstyle posted:

Walked on a bluff along the beach with my parents yesterday & we saw some hanggliders. Another family with a ~2 year old kid were coming from the other direction & stopped to look at the gliders.

Kid to the nearest hangglider: :byodood: what's your name!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jay leno? i hope someone drops his garage on top of him like shaking out a shopping bag

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

coors is brewed in a shitter for all anyone cares, i really dont want it to sully the good name of europe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMyeAr884Wc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bobby Digital posted:

Europe has plenty of garbage beers too.

yeah because we dont let them sully us

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I like that song

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AFewBricksShy posted:

This is through a haze of memory, but in Planet Earth they said something along the lines of the jaguar having the strongest bite strength out of all of the big cats. They routinely hunts crocodiles, they are able to swim and their move is to grab them by the head and just use their absurd jaw strength to just crush the brain pan.

Yeah Jag specialty is to jam their canines through the skull, instakilling their prey.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Praseodymi posted:

If I remember correctly it's because that's a big lumpy male and can't sneak up on any of the easier prey.

that cat dont look lumpy to me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

What was Fisher's price?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ultrafilter posted:

The trick is to get really into mid-90s Norwegian black metal. Then you never have to worry about whether the people making your favorite music are terrible.

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Imagined posted:

If Hitler's (above-ground) Berlin apartment was in such pristine condition even at that point in 1945, he didn't really have to spend his last year hiding in that bunker.

It's in Munich

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

What about such as Areology

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

But there are nipples further out in space!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_plaque

That's an awesome way to make first contact with extraterrestrial life: we sent them an unsolicited dick pic.

No vulva tho, that would make the suits uncomfortable

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hell yea Flemish renaissance painters own bones

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TontoCorazon posted:

It's a power move.

read market forces by the altered cabron author. its a terrible book, but gasoline is very much an exact biological analogue to testosterone in that universe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im glad she exists but i cant watch young people without just getting old-annoyed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Obligatory Terry Sawchuck hockey scars photo

christ did he just block the puck with his face instead of the stick?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

neat, thats pretty well done

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this kid kicks rear end and i hope they dont get murdered

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ekuNNN posted:

I just found out about the badass Bagworm Moth caterpillar who builds a tiny log cabin to live in :aaa:

Are you sure this isn't just screenshots from a JRPG?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fuckin goosebumps

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sulphur, OK?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jag är terminalchocken

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf is that bronze/copper (?) mix in the shape of a coin that depicts the image of the moon?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The picture is clickable to an article.

that article is bunkos.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ElGroucho posted:

hard pass on joe rogan anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKrf7mX_R6M

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TontoCorazon posted:

So I'm in an abusive relationship with the moon and I need to be thankful?

same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9YtRnlPMk

ime it sucks to be a buff soviet guy getting left by a hot space chick

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

jobson groeth posted:

Or you could never support the guy that is a feed in to Nazi bullshit.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

shouldve called the cops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4iQrDuf1r8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,